Blair Walsh cost Russ the MVP

adeltaY

Reaction score
Unfortunately, 80% of a bad offense does not an MVP make. Think about it, Brady doesn't run much and Russ ran for 550+ yards and Brady still had more total yards than Russ! There's no way Russ was winning MVP over Brady.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
randomation":7ygpzuxu said:
If Blair Walsh could do the bare minimum expected of an NFL kicker we would have is the point.
And if my auntie had balls then she would be my uncle was my point.

RCATES

Reaction score
Russ not being able to operate like a normal QB in a clean pocket at the end of the year cost him MVP. Seahawks O-line ranked number 15 in the last 5 games of the season. Are we still making excuses?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RCATES":1baq8e1a said:
Russ not being able to operate like a normal QB in a clean pocket at the end of the year cost him MVP. Seahawks O-line ranked number 15 in the last 5 games of the season. Are we still making excuses?
Excuses? hell no, there are no excuses for Blair 'The Head-case' Walsh's lousy performances.
As for the notion for Wilson having "A CLEAN POCKET", They were FEW and FAR BETWEEN, just like in 2016 when he was getting sacked, hurried, HIT HARD, AND INJURED.
Did you actually SEE the pic's of his whole Offensive Line LAYING on the field as the opposing Defense was closing in for the kill.....they weren't playing tag-you're-it.

Would you Flinch if someone was trying to knock you out for first 11 games in?, hell, the Damage had already been done.
NO Quarterback, "Normal" or otherwise would have been able to put up the numbers that Wilson did under the SAME circumstances....Hell, even out Running Backs were dropping like flies.......Excuses LOL SMH

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
I can see that some forum members have still not completed going through the 5 stages of grief....

chris98251

Reaction score
Walsh did not cost it, Cable, Bevell, Pete and John Schnieder did, they brought him in, yes we may have won a few more games but would have been found to be a paper lion in the playoffs anyway.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3aiwge2c said:
Walsh did not cost it, Cable, Bevell, Pete and John Schnieder did, they brought him in, yes we may have won a few more games but would have been found to be a paper lion in the playoffs anyway.
^^ Without one iota of doubt. ^^
Having said that, the O-Line was a mess, there was just too much hit & miss, (mostly miss), there was no way the Seahawks Offense NOR struggling Defense were going to going to be contenders against the Saints, or Vikings, let alone the Eagles.