Blaine Gabbert

Marvin49

Reaction score
Gusbusser":nw2mqg8a said:
As a Jag fan let me just say Gabbert is flat out straight booty. He has sucked in college and continued to do so in the NFL. There's a reason he began sliding down the board when Gene Smith traded up for him. All the intelligent GM's knew better. His stats were inflated from screens and short throws at Mizzou.

He's always been a great practice player. You watch him in practice and think he's the next Aaron Rodgers. Take off that red shirt and it all crumbles. The man is just afraid of pressure. He will run out of a clean pocket into the face of oncoming pressure and run out of bounds yet still get hurt. He's made of glass. There would always be something wrong with him.

He would make one good throw every 5 or 6 games. I kid you not. What you saw of him at the helm of the Whiners offense is what we've dealt with for years. Despite Blackmon, Shorts, Marcedes, etc etc.

That's exactly what I was sayin....he's exhibiting the same issues he had in Jacksonville. Harbaugh is very good with QBs, but some battles just can't be won. We'll see what happens, but I'm not expecting him to turn it around.

Jville

Reaction score
Gusbusser":1hxwxwpc said:
As a Jag fan let me just say Gabbert is flat out straight booty. He has sucked in college and continued to do so in the NFL. There's a reason he began sliding down the board when Gene Smith traded up for him. All the intelligent GM's knew better. His stats were inflated from screens and short throws at Mizzou.

He's always been a great practice player. You watch him in practice and think he's the next Aaron Rodgers. Take off that red shirt and it all crumbles. The man is just afraid of pressure. He will run out of a clean pocket into the face of oncoming pressure and run out of bounds yet still get hurt. He's made of glass. There would always be something wrong with him.

He would make one good throw every 5 or 6 games. I kid you not. What you saw of him at the helm of the Whiners offense is what we've dealt with for years. Despite Blackmon, Shorts, Marcedes, etc etc.

I watched Jacksonville's preseason game verses Tampa Bay. Really liked what I saw. Still a big fan of Gus. The Jaguars are on their way to replacing the Packers as my second favorite team.

Enjoy the season.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Im glad your Jags are turning it around but firstly lets be real. You name Blackmon who has played a total of 20 games in his career, one season as a rookie so take that as you will. Shorts?, Lewis? You are basically describing exactly what Alex Smith went through his first 4 years in the NFL. The most talentless team in all the league.

Gabbert far from stunk at Mizzou, that is just ridiculous. I will argue that his career has been far more setback because of the franchise he was stuck on and not his physical and mental shortcomings. I dont have anything against Jacksonville but this is a message board and we can tell the truth. They stink and have for long time. I could very well be proven wrong about Blaine but ill reserve judgement until later. He is just a few months removed leaving the Jags and getting a fresh start which by all accounts from Harbaugh has gone very well.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":29z3j7zw said:
Im glad your Jags are turning it around but firstly lets be real. You name Blackmon who has played a total of 20 games in his career, one season as a rookie so take that as you will. Shorts?, Lewis? You are basically describing exactly what Alex Smith went through his first 4 years in the NFL. The most talentless team in all the league.

Gabbert far from stunk at Mizzou, that is just ridiculous. I will argue that his career has been far more setback because of the franchise he was stuck on and not his physical and mental shortcomings. I dont have anything against Jacksonville but this is a message board and we can tell the truth. They stink and have for long time. I could very well be proven wrong about Blaine but ill reserve judgement until later. He is just a few months removed leaving the Jags and getting a fresh start which by all accounts from Harbaugh has gone very well.
What did Gabbert do well at Mizzou, especially when you look at how horrid the defenses in that conference were? I watched his junior season and saw a spread one read QB who would scatter in the face of pressure. He had a protoype build and looked the part in the combine, but when you took all the smoke screens and college plays with recievers blocking downfield out of the tape, there was very little to suggest he could play in the NFL. There was certainly very little to suggest he should go where he did in the draft.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3u8er3ny said:
Bob loblaw":3u8er3ny said:

What did Gabbert do well at Mizzou, especially when you look at how horrid the defenses in that conference were? I watched his junior season and saw a spread one read QB who would scatter in the face of pressure. He had a protoype build and looked the part in the combine, but when you took all the smoke screens and college plays with recievers blocking downfield out of the tape, there was very little to suggest he could play in the NFL. There was certainly very little to suggest he should go where he did in the draft.

Yeah...I was pretty unimpressed with him before the draft. I was happy that the Niners had passed him over.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Go to the Mizzou boards and ask them about Gabbert. They don't even like him (ran his brother, also a QB, out of town). His last year at Mizzou he threw a whopping 16 TDs with 9 INTs. What did people think he would do in the NFL lol.