Biggest suprise thru 4 weeks

getnasty

Reaction score
Doesn't have to good or bad but what do you have.

Mine is Darrell Taylor 3 sacks so far and has been close on a couple others.

toffee

Reaction score
getnasty":1zhnhz5y said:
Doesn't have to good or bad but what do you have.

Mine is Darrell Taylor 3 sacks so far and has been close on a couple others.
PFF likes Taylor, giving him a 73.6. He could be more efficient once the game slow down some for him.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Biggest surprise:

Player: Nick Bellore. Dude out there looking for blood on special teams. You seem him flash on the screen then "boom!" The ball carrier doesn't know where he at. John Madden would love this guy. And he's a vet, he ain't no rook.

Schematically: How pathetically similar our offense is to previous seasons. Still calling the read option. Still getting Wilson killed.
The pre snap motions and screens and creative runs we saw in week 1? Trash! It was too effective, stop calling it. Let's go back to the same offense from the last 10 years please and thank you. Daddy Carroll doesn't want to score too many points. Makes me sick

seabowl

Reaction score
Pete has totally done a 180 and changed the scheme that the D runs

:sarcasm_on:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Biggest surprise is how inconsistently mediocre our defense overall has been.

I really thought with the additions and depth added along the D-line, along with the emergence of our younger defensive players like Robinson, Blair, Poona, Taylor and Brooks this defense would get back to being a top 10 defense.

WAY too many mistakes and yards given up for a mostly veteran group.

Mizak

Reaction score
Pete Carroll switched it up. Instead of scoring points in the 1st half, they saved it for the second half. You know, like last year. Don’t try in the 1st quarter. Give it your all in the 4th quarter. Its gonna be the same against the Rams. The Hawks are not gonna even try to attempt to score in the 1st quarter. In other words, Pete just reverted to last years play calling.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I expected some lag time to see great results on both sides of the ball. I think both will get better as the season progresses. My biggest concern at this point is our inability to run the ball to great effect. I was elated at the Collins spark yesterday and feel he should be utilized more than he has been. He has great eyes, very quick feet, and a keen sense of how to attack.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":8pdyfj8k said:
I expected some lag time to see great results on both sides of the ball. I think both will get better as the season progresses. My biggest concern at this point is our inability to run the ball to great effect. I was elated at the Collins spark yesterday and feel he should be utilized more than he has been. He has great eyes, very quick feet, and a keen sense of how to attack.
Couldn't agree more...I saw flashes of his upside in the last couple games & thought they should have utilized him more....Maybe his 'Get After It' will get him more touches going forward? :irishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Biggest surprise so far is how totally inconsistent the whole team has been.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Our defense was very good for the latter part of last season. I expected to see a continuation of that. Seeing what has looked more like the first half of last season has been difficult to watch. I was actually pretty good with the defensive performance yesterday though the blown coverage play nearly made me yack. I am not sure what to think about Waldron after four games. It kind of feels like Pete is stifling him. I'll be surprised if he just turns out to be Schotty v. 2.0. I am surprised that we were able to sign Alex Collins. Wow! He looks like a great player. I am surprised that Russ can still run as fast as he can. It was nice to see him use his legs to great effect yesterday. We need that. I am surprised that we don't have more tight end targets. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by the emergence of Parkinson. Thanks guys. I haven't posed in a while. Happy to get the win. Okay. Yeah. I wouldn't have bet on that prior to the interception.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jerhawk":28bsw3ck said:
Biggest surprise:

Schematically: How pathetically similar our offense is to previous seasons. Still calling the read option. Still getting Wilson killed.
The pre snap motions and screens and creative runs we saw in week 1? Trash! It was too effective, stop calling it. Let's go back to the same offense from the last 10 years please and thank you. Daddy Carroll doesn't want to score too many points. Makes me sick

I was going to post this very thing. The week 2-4 offense looks more like Schotty's offense than McVay's offense at this stage of the game and seems very unimaginative again after looking pretty nice week 1. I'm not sure what happened.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3rl1y386 said:
Jerhawk":3rl1y386 said:
Biggest surprise:

I was going to post this very thing. The week 2-4 offense looks more like Schotty's offense than McVay's offense at this stage of the game and seems very unimaginative again after looking pretty nice week 1. I'm not sure what happened.

So, not much has changed since 2014?

[youtube]Hif9TW6-JvM[/youtube]

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am surprised that we no longer try to milk every single second off the clock on offense and snap the ball with less than 2 seconds left. Oh wait ...

Fade

Reaction score
The offensive line. I thought they were going to be much better than what they've shown.

Duane Brown is getting worse by the game, Damien Lewis sucks on the leftside so far, the center position is terrible when I thought it would be mediocre. The right side has been about what I thought.

Jamal Adams has played well to okay somewhere in that range, I'm just surprised he has no sacks or splash plays yet.

Alex Collins is more athletic than I previously thought. Last year he came in and played well, I chocked it up to him just having fresh legs. No, he just always looks like that.

The biggest surprise though is the run defense. There is no excuse for them to be giving up the yards they are giving up. Given the emphasis, scheme, investment, and personnel they currently have. They're built to stop the run and they can't stop the run.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Jason Myers' misses are the biggest surprise for me. Second is how long it's taken Eskridge to sufficiently recover from his concussion.

The O-line struggles are not a surprise. They didn't play together in preaseason, and still haven't had extended time together as a unit. Once/If they're all able to play at the same time for several games in a row, I think we'll see a lot more sustained success by the offense.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Somos doces":1g764542 said:
Second is how long it's taken Eskridge to sufficiently recover from his concussion.

I think that is worrisome. How many did he have in college?

Where’s Poona? Big man has been very quiet this season. I was expecting him to combine with Al Woods to solidify the run defense. Liked what I saw from Sidney Jones yesterday, and Reed seems more comfortable on the other side.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Somos doces":3pbr4bnm said:
Jason Myers' misses are the biggest surprise for me. Second is how long it's taken Eskridge to sufficiently recover from his concussion.

The O-line struggles are not a surprise. They didn't play together in preaseason, and still haven't had extended time together as a unit. Once/If they're all able to play at the same time for several games in a row, I think we'll see a lot more sustained success by the offense.

Myers has missed 1 FG and 1 XP, his FG miss was his first in the last 38 attempts. Not sure how that is surprising. I didn’t expect Eskridge to miss this much time, it didn’t appear to be that big of blow. Maybe they are just being overly cautious.

Latest posts