Best pass rush in the NFL?

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks our pass rush looks very inconsistent? Yeah they get some big sacks... but they also let the opposing QB stand completley uninterrupted in a super clean pocket more often then not it feels..

dunceface

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":eik8pmig said:
Am I the only one who thinks our pass rush looks very inconsistent? Yeah they get some big sacks... but they also let the opposing QB stand completley uninterrupted in a super clean pocket more often then not it feels..

I feel the opposite,I feel like it's almost always a near miss by one of our guys

dunceface

Reaction score
hoxrox":1uh9587u said:
Some other great stats from that article:

The offense

The Hawks rank 4th in the NFL on offense.
They rank 3rd in rushing yards.
The Seahawks have averaged an NFL-best 8.7 yards per pass attempt.
Wilson has completed an NFL-best 59.4 percent of his passes thrown 15-plus yards downfield.

The defense

The Seahawks' defense has allowed 16.3 points per game this season, third-best in the NFL.
The Seahawks have sacked or put opposing quarterbacks under duress on 36.5 percent of dropbacks, best in the NFL.
Seahawks force the most turnovers (26) this season, including the most interceptions (16).
Seattle has allowed 6.0 yards per pass attempt this season, third-best in the NFL.
The Seahawks have limited opposing receivers to a league-low 4.2 yards after the catch this season.

Tumblr m78eq5rnk61rbsg6jo1 400

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":jeqqcrtp said:
That's awesome! Now, I'd love to see a few more 'pressures' or QB 'Hits' turn into sacks.
Belly roll, belly roll come on we want more!

sutz

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":2fbunzrb said:
1. Sacks always come in bunches.

2. Separate the first 4-6 games from the last few. We are stronger now with the players returning from injury/suspension.

I'd rather be on the upswing in these areas this time of year than the downswing like KC appears to be. Somehow our coaching staff seems to have mastered the talent of peaking in the late-season/playoff time. It was kind of masked by the W/L record but we did it in 2011. We did it last year and it appears we're on a similar path this year.

I like it. :th2thumbs:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Last year the Hawks ended up with 36 sacks as a team, leaving us tied for 18th best in the league.

This year we're currently at 33 sacks, which puts us in 5th place. Nice improvement, isn't it?

For forced fumbles, last year we finished with 20 to be tied for 5th place.

This year we're currently at 15, which places us tied for 2nd place. Another nice improvement.

Spokanefan

Reaction score
Wonder what our defensive PPG would look like vs. the rest if you looked at starters only and adjusted for points given up during garbage-time by our 2nds and 3rds, i.e., when we're up by 20 or more? Seems like we've given a bunch of points in those situations, while KC, for example, hasn't blown out anybody & so their starters are always in......