Before you use the '10 am starts is whining, get over it'. .

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah I hate seeing 5 10am road games on our schedule. Hopefully our boys can pull through them.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
60niner we know we are outnumbered and limiting east coast trips is unrealistic but framing the schedule so west coast teams start at 4:00pm in east coast games is not difficult and would only mean the game ends around 7:00 east coast time. It really would hurt nothing so why does there appear to be zero effort to do it?

A couple years ago Pittsburgh was suppose to be playing in Seattle due to rotation but Pittsburgh was protected from having to make the trip so Seattle had to travel to Pittsburgh. This in a season we traveled close yo 30,000 miles while Pittsburgh traveled closer to 12,000.

If they hadn't made and enforced that rule, no one would be complaining about the schedule makers. We would be frustrated with the early starts but not the schedule makers themselves.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Seattle has beaten the Giants at 10am in their house before, they can do it again, and if they can do it again they can beat any of those others at 10am in their house. This schedule is not impossible and lucky for them they don't have to win all of them it's just gravy if they do.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Great San Fran teams of the 80s and 90s didn't seem to suffer from this as they, at one point, run 18 road games in a row.

Moreover, the way I see it, if we are good enough to go 5-3 on the road then we basically go 7-1 or 8-0 at home because our home advantage is that much greater than everyone else's.

People have to realize that it is a two-way street. Our road disadvantage gives us a major home advantage. All those 8-0 home seasons we've had are because teams have to travel 3000 miles to play us not solely because the fans caused a couple of false starts.

This year I don't see us losing a home game unless San Fran pulls an upset. Moreover, we won't lose twice to them. If that is so then 4-4 or 5-3 on the road gets us home field...and I don't care what anyone says, if we are 3-5 on road again we aren't as good as we thought.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
We missed the 2 seed, a Bi and homefield due to a half a game. When you look at history it is unrealistic to think this schedule couldn't cost us a half a game or more.

People have to realize that it is a two-way street. Our road disadvantage gives us a major home advantage. All those 8-0 home seasons we've had are because teams have to travel 3000 miles to play us not solely because the fans caused a couple of false starts.

It's not a two way street when east coast teams only have play at the Clink once every 8 years vs traveling east with a 10am start 5 times in one season and if it was all no big deal then why are east coast teams protected from having to do what west coast teams do every single year. The NFL changing the rules to benefit east coast teams is absolute proof they acknowlegde travel is a factor in the way teams play. It also is not our fault other teams cannot provide the type of atmosphere Seattle does and we shouldn't be penalized for it.

This year I don't see us losing a home game unless San Fran pulls an upset. Moreover, we won't lose twice to them. If that is so then 4-4 or 5-3 on the road gets us home field...and I don't care what anyone says, if we are 3-5 on road again we aren't as good as we thought.

Agree with the 3-5 on the road, I just don't agree that this schedule wasn't easily preventable, sometyhing no east coast team will ever have to endure and that it is not a factor.

If we do well and get the #1 seed then it should be considered a major accomplishment and if we end up the #5 seed due to a half game again, it should be considered a factor.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3c8ot8be said:
We all know that good teams find ways to win games. I really don't see anyone whining here.

The question is, how far can the league (any sports league, for that matter) push an unfair advantage before it's too far? How many fans does it take to believe the evidence, and how loud do they have to be about it before it's fixed? When does "whining" become "legitimate concern for fairness"?

I think the concern is already legitimate. It happens to be up against billions of dollars and a LOT of east coast fans and media who just don't give a crap, so it's a foregone conclusion that nothing will change.

Imagine it reversed, though. If the Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Redskins, etc. had to travel as much and start games at off-times. What if the Patriots wound up with 5 west coast starts at 6pm. New England would go NUTS and everyone would be screaming, "Nearly one-third of our games are ending at midnight our time! That's ridiculous!" Would their fans be "whining" when they took to the blogs and comment sections with their entitled vehemence? 'Cause you know they would. And you know they would get their way right quick.

No whining. No excuses. You play to win the games. The question is, do the human beings who create the game setups include a tilt that knowingly affects one team more than the other? And if so, why is that okay?
Absolutely spot on post!! :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, there is scientific evidence with the disruption of time zones/sleep rythms (I can't spell cyrcadian rythms heh) as to the performance of athletes. In a league of relative parity, it makes a big difference. Look at our past teams; we'd start slow and make a run at it, but would usually end up coming up short. Or the bad teams would give up and get blown out.

I take heart that we've gone back to the East coast last year, and beat teams early.....we came back from two poor starts, after getting down a lot of points, in the playoffs. There is a talent gap in this team where we can now "spot" teams that early lead and still come back to win it....moreover, the team knows and believes it now.

jack_patera

Reaction score
TLD0550":2697wsd6 said:
jack_patera":2697wsd6 said:
you know, it doesn't matter who we play, what time we play, or where we play...we could play on the moon at midnight as far as i'm concerned...as long as we stay HEALTHY, teams better be concerned when on THEIR schedule it says vs/at seahawks...not the other way around...

the schedule is what it is, times are what they are, and each team plays 16 reg season games so...whatever..

like all teams, health is main component for how a team does, along with some other things but if you're healthy for the most part all year, your odds of winning go up and if you healthy and a damn good squad like my seahawks...well times, opponents, none of that shit matters

stay healthy my friends...coach has spoken...out
couldnt agree more well stated!!!!!!

Even though the east coast bias is crap.

great minds think alike TLD...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawks46":1aiogvro said:
Well, there is scientific evidence with the disruption of time zones/sleep rythms (I can't spell cyrcadian rythms heh) as to the performance of athletes. In a league of relative parity, it makes a big difference. Look at our past teams; we'd start slow and make a run at it, but would usually end up coming up short. Or the bad teams would give up and get blown out.

I take heart that we've gone back to the East coast last year, and beat teams early.....we came back from two poor starts, after getting down a lot of points, in the playoffs. There is a talent gap in this team where we can now "spot" teams that early lead and still come back to win it....moreover, the team knows and believes it now.

There's significant scientific evidence that human beings are ridiculously susceptible to the placebo effect, too. Hence, the requirement for double-blind medical trials for new medications.

If you're travelling within the continental United States, effects are predominantly psychosomatic. Flying from Seattle to London on the other hand, is different.