Bears Den - Week #16

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bear Den — Week #16

As expected, the -12 degrees didn’t prevent the Bills from kicking butt against the Bears.

The Bears defense just gets worse every week. With Jack Sanborn out of the middle, they just ran the ball all over the Bears.

V. Jones finally did have a decent game. Better late than never. He ran a deep crossing route. Fields hit him perfectly, and he actually caught the ball. Had a couple good kick returns, too. Maybe there’s hope? He does have blazing speed, but not much else yet.

Bears and Seahawks are now neck and neck for which team has the worse run defense. And the pass rush is no better. Brisker (safety) has more sacks (4) than any of our front-7.

Draft watch: Last two games are against Lions and Vikings. Those two losses would lock up the #2 draft pick. The trade down enthusiasts have taken over the Bears forum. LOL. I am not one of them. Give me Anderson or Carter, unless we can get a Trey Lance kind of deal from somebody.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have seen some crazy things happen in divisional games at the end of the year especially when they don’t seem to have anything to play for they do it’s their next season’s job whether it’s with the same or different team. When you get to the point you are playing in the NFL you have a lot of pride and very competitive

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I have seen some crazy things happen in divisional games at the end of the year especially when they don’t seem to have anything to play for they do it’s their next season’s job whether it’s with the same or different team. When you get to the point you are playing in the NFL you have a lot of pride and very competitive
I agree. The Bears aren’t going to lay down. I give Eberflus credit for keeping the team together through this long losing streak. Contrasts to the Broncos and some other teams. The problem is that Poles has left him with a roster that seriously lacks talent. Hopefully, that’s going to soon change significantly.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is a critical off season for Poles.
Give a GM a franchise QB needing support, the #2 pick in the draft, plus 10 more draft picks, plus $120 million cap space, you bet we Bears fans are expecting to see some results.

Over on the Bears forum, a favorite pastime is to blame Pace (Poles predecessor) for this 2022 team. The fact is, it’s more Poles creation than Pace’s. He tanked the season. Now it’s his time to rebuild what he tore down. I don’t want to suffer through another season like 2022.