Bad Games Happen, But.....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Kamara is really good -- he made Bobby, Kendricks and KJ all miss and those guys rarely miss tackles. The point of throwing to a RB out of the backfield is that you can't really just shut them down, you can't jam them at the LOS and if you're too aggressive they beat you downfield.

You just have to tackle them in space and that's easier said then done.

Vesuve

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2u5whvgd said:
Vesuve":2u5whvgd said:
Tusc2000":2u5whvgd said:
Bad day. The special teams, the poor pass D, the clock management, calling a Go route on 4th and 1 on a wet day, the weird decision to go for 1 instead of 2.

Yeah, I see it the same way.

As for a player screw up, who was the dummy not in uniform who walked onto the field causing that penalty?

That was Tedric Thompson, according to media Twitter.

Thanks.

That dope.

xray

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1fvuwf4z said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.
So far this season the homers say that most of the opponents scores were " gifted " . No realistic analogy as usual .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
LTH":1wsrbkxr said:
Here we are 2-1... They had a stinker and people are really over reacting. I dont get it...

LTH

People are overreacting because it was a missed opportunity to start 3-0 in a division that is competing. And ...our Hawks lost to a Bree-less Saints team...at home. Somethings you can chalk up to "it's football" like that punt return to start the game, yeah those happen. Carson fumbling 3 consecutive games, that's not an overreaction to be upset as a fan thinking that should have been adressed 1-2 games ago.

D

DomeHawk

This team has become so painful to watch.

Anybody else feel that way?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3ergm7fi said:

I think the issue is with the identity of how they play. So when you're seeing the same glaring problems get exposed (by good teams) and not adressed year after year..it is painful. It's no secret that a short quick effective passing game beats this defensive scheme and not many teams can do it, but when you see it done you do question when they will have a mitigation plan for teams that execute that way.

xray

Reaction score
DomeHawk":19jqg17z said:

LOL ..other than maybe 10 seasons since 1976 ...they always have been painful to watch . 8)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":xuy8wlp8 said:

Yesterday was certainly painful. But no, not for someone like me that watched every minute of 2-14 type seasons.

Let's face it, we were spoiled for a good 3-4 years......and now that's the expectations we have on Sunday, to see another dominant team rise up and win a SB.

Probably not going to happen, just doesn't in the NFL unless you're Belichick and Brady. It just doesn't. So painful? No, but maybe we all do need to take a step back and lower our expectation that there's probably not going to be a return to dominance.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Local Team Reads Press Clippings.

Forgets To Show Up To Actual Game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Fade":qxofkku4 said:
Hockey Guy":qxofkku4 said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

Bad coaching.

Exactly!!

Name that game in 2 words = Bad coaching!!!

When it comes to game planning, adjusting in game, making intelligent in game decisions.....Payton > Carroll

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2fhgvqe5 said:
When it comes to game planning, adjusting in game, making intelligent in game decisions.....Payton > Carroll

Every coach > Pete when it comes to situational decisions. Including high school coaches.

Seriously, he's awful. Normally coaches who know they're bad at in-game situational decision making (which Pete has to know he's bad at right?) have a nerd somewhere, either on the sideline or up in the booth to defer to who will bark in his ear as to what to do.

Not sure why it's so hard for Pete. But it is, REALLY hard.

D

DomeHawk

Sgt. Largent":2kg8tnrz said:
DomeHawk":2kg8tnrz said:

Yesterday was certainly painful. But no, not for someone like me that watched every minute of 2-14 type seasons.

Let's face it, we were spoiled for a good 3-4 years......and now that's the expectations we have on Sunday, to see another dominant team rise up and win a SB.

Probably not going to happen, just doesn't in the NFL unless you're Belichick and Brady. It just doesn't. So painful? No, but maybe we all do need to take a step back and lower our expectation that there's probably not going to be a return to dominance.

Of course you are correct and it isn't lost on me. My expectations aren't unreasonable, it's just the WAY this team plays.

It makes me very uncomfortable.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Man!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Crazy, isn't it?

Carrol, running in front of football.

Return by NO for a TD, which was given by sloppy tackling technique and lasted throughout the game.

Wilson,( forgive me Russ) throwing into the dirt.

Carson, fumble again.

Ifedi,.... :roll: for being Ifedi. He did do better though.

Just wasn't meant to be this week. It's only week 3, Hawks gave up one, at home I may add but, it's a wake up call. I'm still happy They won the first 2. I see them winning 11-12 games. Keep the faith!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2t4wjmo4 said:
Sgt. Largent":2t4wjmo4 said:
DomeHawk":2t4wjmo4 said:

Of course you are correct and it isn't lost on me. My expectations aren't unreasonable, it's just the WAY this team plays.

It makes me very uncomfortable.

Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Man!

Ha...........I'm with ya man, I am. But if we take a objective observation of the Hawks, we've got it pretty good compared to the large majority of fan bases and teams.

I remember in the 80's and 90's just wishing we'd be in the playoff hunt in November so I'd have just a reason to watch the Hawks..............the POSSIBILITY of making the playoffs.

So yeah, games like yesterday drive me crazy. But we've got it pretty damn good. Hard to complain too much, even though we do. ;)

themunn

Reaction score
Backup QB sure, but Bridgewater went 11-5 as a starter in his last season before injury. Now he has sat behind Brees for a year and surely has improved.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but it's not like lining up against Charlie Whitehurst.

He wasn't spectacular yesterday, but he does what Teddy Bridgewater does - dumps the ball off, avoids sacks, and keeps the chains moving. Having Kamara who is a threat as a runner and receiver helps.
And the Saints weren't spectacular yesterday. Only 19 of their points came from the offense, one of their scoring drives was 28 yards and another was extended after a missed field goal due to a really stupid penalty. I mean, in total they had 265 yards on offense. That sounds like they gameplanned well enough to me - but you can't gameplan for giving away points due to individual errors, of which 4 of their TDs came from.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1x05ygep said:
Seymour":1x05ygep said:

Every coach > Pete when it comes to situational decisions. Including high school coaches.

Seriously, he's awful. Normally coaches who know they're bad at in-game situational decision making (which Pete has to know he's bad at right?) have a nerd somewhere, either on the sideline or up in the booth to defer to who will bark in his ear as to what to do.

Ego?

John63

Reaction score
had2bhawk":23n2sjub said:
Crazy, isn't it?

Return by NO for a TD, which was given by sloppy tackling technique and lasted throughout the game.

Carson, fumble again.

Just wasn't meant to be this week. It's only week 3, Hawks gave up one, at home I may add but, it's a wake up call. I'm still happy They won the first 2. I see them winning 11-12 games. Keep the faith!

Point of note out 50 passes only 2 that were not caught were in the dirt. He completed over 64%. Wilson was not the problem yesterday at all.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
John63":1kgtimbb said:
had2bhawk":1kgtimbb said:
Crazy, isn't it?

Carson, fumble again.

Point of note out 50 passes only 2 that were not caught were in the dirt. He completed over 64%. Wilson was not the problem yesterday at all.

WILSON, was not the problem, just throws that he usually makes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1bi8r4h7 said:
Sgt. Largent":1bi8r4h7 said:
Seymour":1bi8r4h7 said:

Ego?

Most certainly......and it's hard to blame Pete. He's one of the most successful college and now pro HC's of all time.

So if we're all waiting for him to change? It's not going to happen. He believes in his core philosophies of;

- physical run game
- protect the ball
- explosive plays
- take the ball away
- competition
- out physical, out hit and out work your opponents

Problem is we're not really doing any of these things this year so far, except explosive plays.....and IMO that's more to do with Russell than Pete.

So that's all I'd tell Pete if I had the chance. If these are your core philosophies, then right now you're failing this team as it's HC. So either fix it, or allow your O-coordinator and QB more freedom with playcalling.