Bad Games Happen, But.....

Fade

Reaction score
I don't know how going into this game against a backup QB, they didn't have a plan for Kamara. They threw chwckdowns and screens to Kamara the whole game and they seemed surprised by it.

Is it stupidity or arrogance?

I mean losses happen it's the NFL, but come hell or high water #41 isn't beating me.

I am tired of this team not game planning properly for opponents.

The dogcrap gameplanning on D is inexcusable from a defensive HC.

If it's all about the ball then, Carson, can't play.

The expected outcome when Carson carried the ball today was -17 points. Stat of the day.

Pete needs to wake up. And get his stuff together.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
This team, especially in recent years simply doesn’t know how to adjust when things go left. It happened in the Rams blowout, it happened in the Cowboys game this year. When things don’t go according to plan it’s as if we had no backup plan. This was especially obvious on offense with the playcalling

rcaido

Reaction score
Take out the mistakes and bad bounces, i think played pretty decently both on offense & defense.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I would say bad tackling, poor aggression on d, and the 2 major special teams errors was what did us in.

LTH

Reaction score
Here we are 2-1... They had a stinker and people are really over reacting. I dont get it...

LTH

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

mistaowen

Reaction score
LTH":yvdc3ocq said:
Here we are 2-1... They had a stinker and people are really over reacting. I dont get it...

LTH

Because this is a game you have to take. Preseason seeing the Saints come to town is already a big challenge but having no Drew Brees was huge. Defense didnt make any plays, special teams sucked, offense was inept til end of the third quarter.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":18eafayn said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

Bad coaching.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Fade":11slghjn said:
Hockey Guy":11slghjn said:

Bad coaching.

The only one I blame on bad coaching would be the penalty on the missed FG that kept the drive alive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mistaowen":1hqytalj said:
LTH":1hqytalj said:

LTH

Because this is a game you have to take. Preseason seeing the Saints come to town is already a big challenge but having no Drew Brees was huge. Defense didnt make any plays, special teams sucked, offense was inept til end of the third quarter.
An NFC loss on top of it. Not good.

nanomoz

Reaction score
These seem fair criticisms to me. Though, part of the problem with Kamara is he dragged defenders for 5 yards most times he touched the ball (seems like).

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Bad day. The special teams, the poor pass D, the clock management, calling a Go route on 4th and 1 on a wet day, the weird decision to go for 1 instead of 2.

It was just a bad game all around, but stuff happens, and maybe we got this out of our system.

Next.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":3acgqfhh said:
I don't know how going into this game against a backup QB, they didn't have a plan for Kamara. They threw chwckdowns and screens to Kamara the whole game and they seemed surprised by it.

Is it stupidity or arrogance?

I mean losses happen it's the NFL, but come hell or high water #41 isn't beating me.

I am tired of this team not game planning properly for opponents.

The dogcrap gameplanning on D is inexcusable from a defensive HC.

If it's all about the ball then, Carson, can't play.

The expected outcome when Carson carried the ball today was -17 points. Stat of the day.

Pete needs to wake up. And get his stuff together.
Agree.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":18feaf9k said:
Fade":18feaf9k said:
Bad coaching.

Blamed on which coach?

Pete- Ran out on the field after turnover moved us back 15 yards. Not calling TO before the pass to Metcalf. Piss poor clock management.

Special Teams Coach- punt return for a td

Shotty- Continuously calling a horizontal passing game and running short yardage right up the gut without hiding it.

Norton- Two plays we had to burn time outs for 12 men on the field.

Ultimately Pete because he is supposed to captain the ship but he has never been a disciplinarian, so it will never get fixed.

James in PA

Reaction score
There’s plenty of blame to go around for today’s loss, but Chris Carson’s play had the most deflating impact on this team today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":2k5txho1 said:
Bigpumpkin":2k5txho1 said:
Fade":2k5txho1 said:
Bad coaching.

Blamed on which coach?

Pete- Ran out on the field after turnover moved us back 15 yards. Not calling TO before the pass to Metcalf. Piss poor clock management.

Special Teams Coach- punt return for a td

Shotty- Continuously calling a horizontal passing game and running short yardage right up the gut without hiding it.

Norton- Two plays we had to burn time outs for 12 men on the field.

Ultimately Pete because he is supposed to captain the ship but he has never been a disciplinarian, so it will never get fixed.

Pete is going to have to "suck it up" this week. This team needs an attitude change! It is clear that this team entered this game believing their own press that they were going to dominate the Saints. They sure played like it!!

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":e7qi1mfm said:
Fade":e7qi1mfm said:
Hockey Guy":e7qi1mfm said:

Bad coaching.

The only one I blame on bad coaching would be the penalty on the missed FG that kept the drive alive.

You must be suffering from amnesia. Let me help you out.

Punting on opponents 39.

Not calling timeout before the half.

Burning 2 timeouts because they can't sub properly.

Didn't go for 2 to make it, A TD 2pt FG game.

Not scheming for #41

Not challenging the RW spot on a would be 1st down.

A run on 3rd and 6 in the 3rd Q.

Came out flat with a gameplan like they were playing with the backup QB, not against one.

It's all about the ball, unless you're Carson, then you can keep playing.

It's not how you start...

Pete said it himself after the game "I had a particular bad day."

sutz

Reaction score
On a game like today's, everybody gets to beat their favorite dead horse.