Awesome Sherman stat

formido

Reaction score
It's a shame Sherman won't win DPOY because he definitely deserves it over Kuechly. People like big numbers and there aren't any big numbers associated with corners. Pro Football Reference has a great formula for comparing player value across disparate positions. They have Manning as #1 this year and Sherman #2. I think that's right. If it weren't for Manning, I'd say Sherman is MVP.

http://pfref.com/tiny/wqjFM

Teqneek

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":ddg9b63s said:
RolandDeschain":ddg9b63s said:
HawkGANG":ddg9b63s said:
It'll probably be freaking Kuechly. He's the media's Andrew Luck of the defense. Disgusts me.

He is that good. Can't really complain much if Kuechly beats Sherman out. At least it would be a worthy recipient of the honor.

He made alot of tackles as MLB... Every MLB makes alot of tackles... ITs their job... Why MLBs even get considered unless they have Ints and Sacks and tackles I dont know.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Exittium":3mnsp4mp said:
MrCarey":3mnsp4mp said:
Exittium":3mnsp4mp said:
That just solidifies him as being the league's best CB.. Revis who??

I wish Revis was in a system that matched his strengths, because then we could actually say this. I believe Sherman is better, but this argument wouldn't be able to hold up because of that situation.

Yes/No its not Revis's choice either that opposing QB's avoid throwing to him as well. But Revis want's to claim he's the "best" and is on an "island". QB's did the same with Sherm. Some QB's would tempt fate and it didn't work so well.

To be fair, though, when he was in a good system, he WAS an island. Even for a shit scheme, he did very well this year. If they put him in man like they're supposed to, he'd probably do work. Sherm is definitely better at the moment.

themunn

Reaction score
Is that the highest interceptions per snap percentage too? Or just gross total? I'm not a fan of combing rates and totals.

if he has the lowest target %age per snap and highest int %age awesome.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Munn, he has the most interceptions per target on a percentage basis, and the fewest targets per snap on a percentage basis. Sherman played over a thousand snaps this year.

There is actually no other corner (that played at least 25% of their defense's snaps for the year) that is even very close to being targeted as rarely as Sherman. Here are the three least-targeted corners from the 2013 regular NFL season:

#1: Richard Sherman: 1 target per 17.29 snaps
#2: Darrelle Revis: 1 target per 15.42 snaps
#3: Asante Samuel: 1 target per 14.62 snaps