ATTN NHL Fans: Coyotes to Seattle is Plan B?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1hl65vz1 said:
Watching the "Coyotes" search on Twitter is quite the mixed bag. One thing's for sure: things moved too damn fast for any optimism the team's staying put there. Tonight's the night! Don't break my heart again, NHL.

Yea, I'm watching #coyotes and #nhlseattle

No one knows what is going on! All over the map on comments.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
twisted_steel2":2rltugxk said:
Seahawk Sailor":2rltugxk said:
Watching the "Coyotes" search on Twitter is quite the mixed bag. One thing's for sure: things moved too damn fast for any optimism the team's staying put there. Tonight's the night! Don't break my heart again, NHL.

Yea, I'm watching #coyotes and #nhlseattle

No one knows what is going on! All over the map on comments.

I'm just trying hard not to get pissed at getting used all over again before it actually happens. Do you know how hard it is to use a keyboard with your fingers crossed like this?

Subzero717

Reaction score
You guts are wasting your time and effort. We aren't getting jack. We suck. I want to jump off a bridge.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Probably.

I told myself not to get involved, to not waste my time.

But somehow I started reading, following news.... funny I didn't even realize how much I was doing it. Son of a B! :evil:

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1t5mmmw3 said:
You guts are wasting your time and effort. We aren't getting jack. We suck. I want to jump off a bridge.

I really wish you would with your whining ass

KK84

Reaction score
The CoG is going to vote yes on a counter-proposal that the prospective owners already called a non-starter. The NHL will announce that they are forced to relocate and as Seattle NHL fans start celebrating, the coyotes quietly move to Quebec City. I can already see it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
KK84":1qzuoite said:
The CoG is going to vote yes on a counter-proposal that the prospective owners already called a non-starter. The NHL will announce that they are forced to relocate and as Seattle NHL fans start celebrating, the coyotes quietly move to Quebec City. I can already see it.

That's my second-worst fear. I'd love to see hockey back in Quebec City, but not at the expense of Seattle.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Come on, it' stupid to start celbrating before we got skates on the ice, people. Not to mention blood and teeth and colon fragments.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
Talk about LOL:

KJZZ 91.5 ‏@kjzzphoenix 10m
Revealed at City of Glendale council meeting that if #hockey deal passes, @phoenixcoyotes name would be changed to Arizona Coyotes. #NHL

Jeromy Felts ‏@Tipfelts 8m
RSE attorney describing parking fee structure, splitting parking income with Glendale. $10 per car hockey, $15 per car other events

Bob McClay ‏@BobMcClay 2m
Glendale manager says Coyotes is a bad deal. RSE's Wood says client can't accept city 5 yr out clause.

John Faker ‏@John_Faker 1m
"Guys we are totally going to get more people to come to game by charging more for tickets and parking!" - actual people in Glendale

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Oh God! PARKING! Parking killed us on the Kings to Seattle deal!

Glendal & Sacramento must love to park.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Waiting anxiously, but won't be too upset if this doesn't work out. For me this feels way different than the Sonics did - and at this point I actually care far more about the NHL than the NBA. I think it's been clear enough that we are a backup plan that I won't feel jilted if the city re-ups with their team. Good for them if they do, but I'll be sad.

I don't think Bettman will move the team to Quebec City rather than Seattle. He has ALWAYS had an issue with increasing the number of Canadian teams, and it is not in keeping with his MO to relocate an American team to Canadian soil.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
With this we really are a football town. No NBA,NHL. Our MLB is crap for a decade. 8 managers later. And soccer doesn't count I mean come on watching 90 min and get a 0-0 tie, I'm done right there. And which one of you guys are gunna tell me you watch the storm.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
scott bordow ‏@sbordow 2m
Right now, Sherwood, Knaack, Martinez and Chavira probably the yes votes. Should pass 4-3 unless one of the four changes mind. #coyotes

Apparently a council member against it said "I know it's going to pass" during her speech

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
"We have to vote to keep these Coyotes so we can find out just what the NHL is, and if anybody here even cares about it." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Nobody has ever abused us quite as kindly as you good folks have, so we really have to vote yes on this deal." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Three quarters of all jobs in Glendale exist solely because of the Coyotes." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"We plan on installing a salary cap on municipal services such as police and fire departments, because that's how dedicated we are to hockey here." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"What's $90 Mil among friends, anyway?" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"If the team moved, Glendale would lose thousands of dollars worth of revenue from Canadian tourists." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"The annual operating cost for the Glendale arena is 10 percent of whatever we can raise in tomorrow's telethon, so let's get calling." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Can someone pass a hat around and take up a collection so we can keep this team here?" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"How can we lose this team when we just learned what icing is?" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"In this economy, losing the team would mean devastation to thousands of Glendale-area dentists." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Losing the team would mean thousands of fans of other teams would have to pay higher prices to see those teams at other venues." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"At least we aren't the Predators." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"If the Coyotes leave town, where else will the good citizens of Glendale be able to find enough ice to escape from the blazing temperatures outside?" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"This meeting is proof that Coyote fans do in fact exist, therefore we must keep the team." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"We really owe it to both our season ticket holders to keep the team here." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"There are literally hundreds of hockey fans down here who would be devastated if we lost the team." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"You can tell what a dedicated hockey fan base we have here in Arizona, because they all showed up for this meeting." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"We are going to mortgage goddamn city hall if that's what it takes to keep the Coyotes here in the desert." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"We fully trust Gary Bettman, and that shows how educated and dedicated we are as hockey fans here in Arizona." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"We plan on dropping funding from firefighters to support the Coyotes, as that's money that never goes to use here in Arizona anyway." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"If we stop throwing money on this fire, it will go out, and we can't have that." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Vote yes on this deal and receive a free hockey puck to celebrate the start of next season." - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"High sticking, boarding, icing, cross checking, fighting, penalizing, zamboniing, curling, the luge - see we know our hockey terms!" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"Just to show how dedicated to our hockey down here, we're dropping the gloves right here tonight for a bench-clearing brawl!" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

"The Coyotes will move from Arizona when hell freezes over, and it ain't even cold here!" - The entire Glendale City Council (probably).

phfc7d06h.jpg