ATTN NHL Fans: Coyotes to Seattle is Plan B?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":rt5fih69 said:
volsunghawk":rt5fih69 said:
kobebryant":rt5fih69 said:
But if you get sick of flopping and guys writhing in pain from a scrape...

Then be prepared to ignore Sidney Crosby. :mrgreen:

In fairness to Crosby he has had multiple concussions and a broken jaw. They aren't all flops.
Is there any player in the NHL who doesn't have multiple concussions?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
@PaulGiblinAriz: The #Glendale council wants more from the prospective #Coyotes owners. Another private council meeting is set for Friday

Paul Giblin ‏@PaulGiblinAriz 1m
No deal points on a #Glendale-#Coyotes deal will be released Wednesday as previously was expected, because there is no deal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Still seems like a long shot, lets hope all of the kicking the can down the road act pisses of the NHL, got a feeling Seattle will be getting expansion of the NBA and NHL in the next year or two, just a hunch with a little wishful thinking thrown in.

JOz56

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21rvcazc said:
Still seems like a long shot, lets hope all of the kicking the can down the road act pisses of the NHL, got a feeling Seattle will be getting expansion of the NBA and NHL in the next year or two, just a hunch with a little wishful thinking thrown in.

That's actually been my feeling for awhile, on the NBA at least. Which is what I wanted anyways. On the NHL, I have no freaking idea what will happen. The Coyotes would be nice, really nice, but an expansion team to call our own would be awesome as well. So we'll see.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sounds like the deal in Glendale fell apart and the losing city council members for the deal are going to try to force a vote to get who scuttled the deal on the record for political purposes.

Don't line up to get your hockey tickets for next year just yet, but do think about budgeting some cash for it. Lots of good news for Seattle today.

pinksheets

Reaction score
They leave out that his indication also came with an NHL ownership group that was willing to put up the money on spec that an NBA team would come and Hansen's money would go in. Hopefully Hansen seemingly working with this group means that the NHL group is willing to step up until Hansen has a reason to sink the bulk of his money in.

JOz56

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. After the NBA I'm expecting nothing to really happen, but hoping it does.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pinksheets":380nzbtw said:
They leave out that his indication also came with an NHL ownership group that was willing to put up the money on spec that an NBA team would come and Hansen's money would go in. Hopefully Hansen seemingly working with this group means that the NHL group is willing to step up until Hansen has a reason to sink the bulk of his money in.

I think any NHL team that comes here would assume an NBA team would follow suit sometime in the future, just as any NBA team would assume the NHL would. It's been a two-fer stadium plan from the get-go. To think the NHL would assume the NBA dead and gone permanently because of Stern's recent asshattery is preposterous.

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
The NHL coming would pretty much cement it in my mind that we're getting an NBA team soon, SO PLEASE GLENDALE F THIS UP!

Subzero717

Reaction score
Rumor has it the NHL is losing 30 million a year so how are they not going to lose 50 in 5. Isn't the point to make money not minimize losses.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Expended my energy for such things in the Sonics thread. Tired of being leverage. Let me know how it ends...

pinksheets

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2r52ljn5 said:
pinksheets":2r52ljn5 said:

I think any NHL team that comes here would assume an NBA team would follow suit sometime in the future, just as any NBA team would assume the NHL would. It's been a two-fer stadium plan from the get-go. To think the NHL would assume the NBA dead and gone permanently because of Stern's recent asshattery is preposterous.
Which is why I think an NHL first building is preposterous. The smart move for an NHL owner would be to move here, tough it out in the Key for a bit, and then get to move into a state of the art building with little to no cost to themselves.

Otherwise, if they want construction started, they have to assume the risk, because Hansen ain't paying for somebody else's building, nor do I think Hansen's deal makes any sense for an NHL only facility, it barely makes sense for NBA revenue streams, but it'd work.

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
pinksheets":3fjhyppk said:
Seahawk Sailor":3fjhyppk said:
pinksheets":3fjhyppk said:

Which is why I think an NHL first building is preposterous. The smart move for an NHL owner would be to move here, tough it out in the Key for a bit, and then get to move into a state of the art building with little to no cost to themselves.

Otherwise, if they want construction started, they have to assume the risk, because Hansen ain't paying for somebody else's building, nor do I think Hansen's deal makes any sense for an NHL only facility, it barely makes sense for NBA revenue streams, but it'd work.

I dont think An nhl only arena exists anywhere. Every arena has to have removable rinks for concerts and conventions and shows.

Shy

Subzero717

Reaction score
ShyCheetah":388gsrda said:
pinksheets":388gsrda said:
Seahawk Sailor":388gsrda said:
pinksheets said:

I dont think An nhl only arena exists anywhere. Every arena has to have removable rinks for concerts and conventions and shows.

Shy

I don't think tha yt? S what he meant by nhl arena. I think he just meant no nba sharing it with them.

Latest posts