Atlanta's scheduled game time for the 2nd playoff round

burggold75

Reaction score
hawksfan515":11j0r1mb said:
burggold75":11j0r1mb said:
=
whats up! we are excited to be in the playoffs too...seems we always play each other! finally one in our house and not centurylink!! here's to a good game

Yeah, BTW something that seems odd is all your fanbase sees this as a revenge game... I don't really see that, as you guys beat the Hawks in Centurlink last season, and no one except Trufant, Hill, and Mebane are left from those seasons, and probably not much more on your team. It is more a revenge game for us, except to the fans, IMO.

What you think?

we hated the rule that division winners despite record got the home game. given your record and performance at home it was annoying :D

Yeah..i don't really look at this as revenge game. We are happy to play at FedEx. i'm wondering how well your fans will travel...going back to the subject of this thread...

OP
OP
hawksfanohio

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
burggold75":3k6oda6k said:
hawksfan515":3k6oda6k said:
burggold75":3k6oda6k said:
=
whats up! we are excited to be in the playoffs too...seems we always play each other! finally one in our house and not centurylink!! here's to a good game

Yeah, BTW something that seems odd is all your fanbase sees this as a revenge game... I don't really see that, as you guys beat the Hawks in Centurlink last season, and no one except Trufant, Hill, and Mebane are left from those seasons, and probably not much more on your team. It is more a revenge game for us, except to the fans, IMO.

What you think?

we hated the rule that division winners despite record got the home game. given your record and performance at home it was annoying :D

Yeah..i don't really look at this as revenge game. We are happy to play at FedEx. i'm wondering how well your fans will travel...going back to the subject of this thread...

Seattle is notorious for not playing well on the road, especially at 10 am. But this team is different. Yes we did lose 5 road games this year, but played well no matter where we were the 2nd half of the season, even playing at 10 am against the Bears and all the travel time. This is a young, energetic team that is just playing well. I don't think they're worried about traveling.

As far as the subject of the post, I'm not thinking past Washington, but I was just thinking of scenarios, with one scenario being that if Seattle wins and travels the long distance to Atlanta, why the NFL would make a west coast team play at 10 am?

Erebus

Reaction score
burggold75":1ar5cuqr said:

Thats interesting. When you came here in 2005, we were 13-3 vs your 10-6. When you came here in 2007 we were 10-6 vs your 9-7.

The only season in which we hosted a playoff game vs a team with a superior record was 2010 when we beat the Saints. Unless you're also a Saints fan, I'm not sure why that would bother you.

Anyways, do you still feel that way this year, now that you get to host us despite being one game worse?

OP
OP
hawksfanohio

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I come in peace..its all good..I have seen seattle play--they are very good. but I think it will be closer than you think. I will be happy to come back and take it if we lose.[/quote]

I respect that. I'll do the same. I think it will be close, never thought it wouldn't be, as both teams play a similar style of ball.

OP
OP
hawksfanohio

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
quote]alright..im little bitter about some hawks fans....that i know personally.. but fans on every team go both ways. to be honest, some comments about sean taylor in 2007 that hawks fans were out of line...also in 2005 my experience was rude fans... i'm here to let the stuff go and talk about the game. i do think your team is a little bit dirty..but just being honest.

i like your fan pride..honestly. it's awesome to have 2 great rookie qbs starting[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this? I'd like to know why. I'm not trying to be a homer but I've never got the impression Seattle was a "dirty" team. Playing tough, physical football is totally different from playing dirty.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
To a finesse team playing smash mouth physical football is obviously dirty. Sorry if we get your jersey's a little dirty.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
burggold75":2cxqy7xt said:
hawksfanohio":2cxqy7xt said:
On NFL network, I saw that Atlanta's scheduled game time is for 1pm Sunday. If Seattle wins and Green Bay wins, Seattle plays Atlanta at 1pm ET. Just thought I'd share what I saw. If true, that blows, but I guess what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

damn...you guys are awfully confident, huh? --
So, his use of the word IF was a real puzzler for you, wasn't it? Do you want him to use smaller words than IF? Would that help your comprehension?