At this point we have seen....

Maui12thman

Reaction score
At this point we have seen who Geno is. We pretty much know what the draft needs are. They definitely need D lineman...

Now the question is, if a QB that the Seahawks really think is special falls to 5 should the Hawks pull the trigger?

FA should give us a clue. The Hawks are going to have some cap space.
Roll with Geno, build the roster at the line of scrimmage. Follow the Niners model. Build a roster that half of the QBs in the league could win with.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
If the FO can't get it done this year with the most draft capital they've ever had?

Pete and John are both looking for new jobs in two years.
And if they do get it done will the nay sayers still come up with reasons why Carroll needs to go?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And if they do get it done will the nay sayers still come up with reasons why Carroll needs to go?
Probably not.

People like Fade will just go back to their "we're winning in spite of Pete" dead horse beating.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nonreasoning hate can't be mended, so yeah, I believe they will continue with the same blathering nonsense.
I am constantly amazed that some of these jokers haven't landed a job with some Pro Football team LOLOLOL I jest, I jest.
LOLOLOL IF I could buy some of these guys for what their REALLY worth, and sell them for what they THINK they're worth? I'd be rolling in a swimming pool of Money.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I don't think Geno is greedy. His agent will be.
Meh.. I mean.

I don't think asking for market value is greedy. Geno doesn't have multiple contracts in his future, he has this next one. Sure he's a very rich man statistically, but he has an opportunity now to make more per year than his past collective earnings combined.

He will be out of the league in 5 years or so and still well under 40 years old. Finding someone willing to pay market value allows him investable surplus capital that he can use to to accumulate wealth to live on for the rest of his life (which is a long time more than likely).

I work for a a huge legacy airline. It's been good to me. I like my domiciles, current management is savvy, and the people I work with are sublime. We also happen to be in contract negotiations. Our competitors pilot group at Delta just signed an industry leading contract. That's now the new baseline. I doubt any of my colleagues will accept any deal that does not use Delta's deal as (at least) a template. I know I won't (nor should I). Geno has shown he is a starter in the NFL, it's not greedy to want to be paid like one. I'm not sure I would want someone he didn't feel like he was worth it.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think you have to take a QB at #5 if he's there. The old adage that any QB will do just isnt true. Also, its going to be a crime if the team pays Smith 20 to 30 million a year.
I think this is largely true.

I’m not sure how much “better” Geno would be IF Seattle did not have as many holes on the team.

Let’s say, Seattle, was top 5 in defense.

Did Geno make so many throws that “wow’ed” anyone here?

I don’t believe so.

If you really want to do a adequate review of Geno, how much did he help DK or Lockett or even the tight ends make plays you don’t normally see from them?

Not so much honestly.

I personally think Geno’s ceiling isn’t as high as how he played this season.

With this being said, I’d like to see how the team would improve by adding talent to the roster with the early draft picks on defense, etc, but if they pick a QB, it pretty much means they aren’t willing to “Go All In” on Geno.

I personally think Carroll wants to go “All In” on Geno and Carroll will draft defense heavily (not sure if the players he picks will be great honestly).

If Seattle does pick a QB, I hope that QB, will be an elite QB passing wise. Stroud looks to be the most ready.

Okieseahawk

Reaction score
Draft for defense, FA for a few holes. Throw in a smart trade. Probably need Geno another season.

Draft a young QB that has some moxy.

Probably get roasted here, but I see a lot of the Big 12. Not surprised about Skyler Thompson being decent.

I’d take a flyer on Max Dugan around the 4th round if available. Smart kid,Good arm, not afraid to run with many intangibles-reminds me of a young Russ.

Sulu, red alert-please raise the shields……..