At 138 Seattle selects, Tharold Simon, CB LSU

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I wouldn't be concerned a bit about any "off-field issues." Not only was that picture a while ago, but the front office has said specifically they do not sign anyone unless they're thoroughly vetted and know under no uncertain terms what's expected of them.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Pretty sure he is going to eventually replace Browner. I can tell by the really skinny calves.

Largent80

Reaction score
Sometimes just getting away from an element or an area will change things for the better.

Throwdown

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1tyxhao7 said:
FWIW - Yardbarker is reporting that Simon got arrested yesterday.

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_f ... d_13490563

I have to admit that I dislike LSU players. They routinely score at the bottom of the wonderlic for a reason. they may produce good athletes but they have a high instance of trouble and failure.

He was arrested Thursday, the Seahawks already talked to him about it before drafting him on Saturday.

Grow up

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He also had a suspension for failing a drug test, as did Spencer Ware. I'm guessing in both cases it was just due to Honey Badger's second hand smoke.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2t589kux said:
What a weird story

I found it hilarious the way he described it yesterday on .com when he was talking to the media, the chat room had a freaking blast with it.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Throwdown":1sl5b5rl said:
Hawk Strap":1sl5b5rl said:
What a weird story

I found it hilarious the way he described it yesterday on .com when he was talking to the media, the chat room had a freaking blast with it.

He sounds crazy. Just like Sherman. They should be a shoutdown duo for many years (hopefully)

olyfan63

Reaction score
C'mon, guys, Simon's just a capitalist and entrepreneur! Don't be hatin' and persecutin' on account of that!
What better motivation could a guy have than getting the money to be an investor and buy the housing projects?
Not only that, he thinks well further ahead than just to his next bowl of toke! And he understands politics and influence, that the civilized way is to become wealthy enough to buy some minions. In short, an ideal Seahawk! Maybe just a little hot-tempered, but in a defensive player not necessarily a bad thing.

Seriously, Pete and John were probably high-fiving over his arrest and his fall. Simon should come in with a chip on his shoulder over falling in the draft, and be motivated to show what he can do. And is "nice" and "civilized" what we really want in a DB? "Yeah, y'all just go ahead and run routes through my zone, no prob bro." Hardly!
It does come down to numbers, and we'll see who Simon can beat out, if anyone.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I could be in the minority on this but, harassing Law Enforcement could be fun at times !!! I know I have done it plenty of times ... so, it is all good. They are doing their job ... and we are just moving on about life.

Can he jump? Can he run? Can he tackle? Can he cover? Can he intercept it and take it back to the house?
Hope we can welcome him to Seattle in a better neighborhood, where the police won't harass him every other day ...
Good luck to the kid ...

Throwdown

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2b4cwljq said:
I could be in the minority on this but, harassing Law Enforcement could be fun at times !!! I know I have done it plenty of times ... so, it is all good. They are doing their job ... and we are just moving on about life.

Can he jump? Can he run? Can he tackle? Can he cover? Can he intercept it and take it back to the house?
Hope we can welcome him to Seattle in a better neighborhood, where the police won't harass him every other day ...
Good luck to the kid ...

sounds to me like the law enforcement officer was acting like a dick.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1yll2iw7 said:
I wouldn't be concerned a bit about any "off-field issues." Not only was that picture a while ago, but the front office has said specifically they do not sign anyone unless they're thoroughly vetted and know under no uncertain terms what's expected of them.

To ruin the meaning of your post, I'd like to point out that none of our draftees has signed yet. 8)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
From a February article:

LSU cornerback Tharold Simon may not be in the class with former Tiger corners Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne, but he isn't worried. He'd settle for the class with Seattle All-Pro corner Richard Sherman.

"I saw someone (Richard Sherman) who went fifth pick in 2012 and he's the best cornerback in the NFL. It can be proven very easily. In my heart, I believe I'm one of the best corners. I'll prove it one day. They'll see."

Throwdown

Reaction score
I likes!

Now he's gonna get to learn from Browner and Sherman, dudes got all the resources at his disposal to succeed, I'm rooting for the guy very hard.

dunceface

Reaction score
#IMIN #HUMBLETHUG #HUMBLEWAGON #THUGTRAIN #THUMBLEBUS #LEGIONOFUNASSUME #OKIMDONE

Latest posts