As of now is RW top 5 QB?

mrt144

Reaction score
fire_marshall_bill":33v863ot said:
If you're a stat nerd wearing a pocket protector at work with tape on your glasses or in your mother's basement, maybe not

If you're looking at wins and how he helps his team, yes

I'd take him over guys like Matt Ryan, Luck, and Eli Manning in a heartbeat. It's not close. He's up around Roethlisberger and Breezzze

I am a stat nerd that wears a pocket protector at work - it checks out - statistically RW is also very good.

adeltaY

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/977204821466886144[/tweet]

Yeesh after watching these clips I hope Schotty reels him in a bit. Some of these throws are not smart, which is weird because it was/is a common perception that Russ prioritizes ball security. 21 interceptable passes in 8 games is awful. I honestly think Carr syndrome is really taking hold over Russ. I hope he and the coaching staff can come up with some therapeutic playcalling and scheme to help fight it off.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Tier 1
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

Tier 2
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan

If he isn't top 5, he's top 6.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":ua8686hj said:

Yeesh after watching these clips I hope Schotty reels him in a bit. Some of these throws are not smart, which is weird because it was/is a common perception that Russ prioritizes ball security. 21 interceptable passes in 8 games is awful. I honestly think Carr syndrome is really taking hold over Russ. I hope he and the coaching staff can come up with some therapeutic playcalling and scheme to help fight it off.
I am so tired of the so called "Carr syndrome".
The ones who really believe in that never saw the QB's I saw get killed and they still played like always.
They may not have played as long(granted) and as many games because there were not very many rules
at all protecting the QB,
Bradshaw,Favre(early years),Stabler,Fouts and Montana to name a few who took worse hits
Than Carr ever did period ..
Rw's problem is himself if you ask me..
In his early years he was a game manager and that worked great but now he wants
to be the focal point..The hero so a lot more risks come into play..
He used to throw the ball away to avoid risky throws but now he forces them.

The Carr excuse...Another one for RW...
How does a Brett Favre play over 330 games(counting playoffs) straight and
not get this?I know he was a BAD MAN..Toughest QB ever..(Saints game proved that)

adeltaY

Reaction score
Uh huh is there any evidence to support that Wilson wants to be the focal point of the offense? Also my point about Carr syndrome isn't about taking hits. Russ takes more hits than almost any QB any year and he hasn't missed a game. I'm talking about developing bad habits. Not sure there's any QB playing right now who is tougher. Luck got hit more often, and look at what happened to him.

Also, facing pressure makes a QB worse. It turns Tom Brady into Trevor Siemian or whatever mediocre QB by passer rating. No QB has been pressured as often within two seconds of the snap since 2012 as has Russell Wilson.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
My problem with the Carr Syndrome is that it assumes Carr was worth a crap to begin with and didn't just flat out suck.

toffee

Reaction score
Regarless if Russ's top 5 in the league, Hawks would have been bottom 5 in the league without him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2xzkduk2 said:
My problem with the Carr Syndrome is that it assumes Carr was worth a crap to begin with and didn't just flat out suck.
There is that too..
My thing was RW does not suck most of the time.
The thing is when he does in some areas/years some will try to sneak in a Carr Syndrome excuse.

chris98251

Reaction score
But Carr was a 1st round pick, he had to be good.

As far as hits taken by a QB, go back and watch some 70's era football before the powder room QB protection. Any of those QB's, that roughing the passer call you see with a bump now, wasn't there, they could almost unload every time after the release.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
adeltaY":e135kyw8 said:

In comparison to say...this?

[youtube]lIXQy8V-9po[/youtube]

Russ's 6 year career does show a QB who prioritizes ball security. Even the best of Qbs make stupid passes. That's the whole point of turnovers.

I've seen some people suggest that Carson Wentz and Big Ben are better and more consistent than Russell Wilson. I understand not believing Russell is Elite, despite how delusional that might sound to me when you measure his overall impact on the field. But to suggest Russell makes more stupid passes and mistakes than a Wentz, Big Ben, or even Brady is the very definition of trying really hard to prove a point.

My List:

1) Aaron Rodgers
2) Tom Brady (Only because of reputation, consistency. I still think he benefits from a system)
3) Russell Wilson
4) Drew Brees (More accurate than Wilson, but can no longer take over a game the way Russ can)
5) Big Ben

I would put Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson at 5 but, they haven't proven anything. Wentz also has a low completion percentage in a perfect system. The idea that he's better than Wilson is pure bias

SeaChat

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2lvtuzh3 said:
MD5eahawks":2lvtuzh3 said:
I really don't get the questioning of Russell Wilson. My god, what does he have to do!?!?
Asking top 5 isn't questioning. It isn't a matter of what he has to do to prove...whichever. There is no such thing as unquestionable holiness so don't ask for it.
I think the answer is YES. Based on both measurable statistics, and the court of public opinion. Russell is a one man football team at times it seems, willing to make whatever sacrafices neccessary to give his team a chance to win, even when everyone else has given up. Crazier yet he often times pulls it off. He embodies the phrase "we believe". I can't tell you how many games I've found myself screaming those 2 words down at him on the field during a game. I liked to believe he could hear me, then last year when got back home after a game and watched it again on Game Pass, I heard this crazy ole coot screaming " we believe Russell" over and over again. Then I realized that old coot was me.