As much as I hate Seattle...

Threedee

Reaction score
When the Seahawks faced the Raiders in the AFC Championship game, Seattle was 2-0 for the season. It is definitely possible for a team to win on the third try. Even in a commanding fashion, as in that game.

OP
OP
JRobinson

JRobinson

Reaction score
Some team is surely not looking forward to playing you guys in the playoffs as a WC team... I hope it aint us down the line. Go beat Chicago please.

Seymour

Reaction score
massari":1a2clwre said:
Seymour":1a2clwre said:
sdog1981":1a2clwre said:
Seymour":1a2clwre said:
Sorry hater (your words not mine). Just wait and see what Pete can do with $71 million in cap space next year (Kam cut will add $8M to the $63M we have). :irishdrinkers:

50 Million to Frank and Russ......and......it's gone......

Nope!

Russ is already on there at $24M, so is Bobby at $14M

Frank at $18M still leaves us $53M to load up!!
Danielle Hunter just signed for $14.4M per season a few months ago, so what makes Clark $18M per?

Based off that, wouldn't you say about $14M-$15M?

Actually....I've been saying around $15M myself, but took the high end of what he could get. We will find that out soon enough.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
massari":r4pzuxi0 said:
Danielle Hunter just signed for $14.4M per season a few months ago, so what makes Clark $18M per?

Based off that, wouldn't you say about $14M-$15M?

Timing. The cost of a DE this spring was 14-15. Mack just blew through the 20 million barrier. I know it's Mack, and he is listed as a 3-4 linebacker, but that ratcheted the market up. The cap is going up, and all deals are going to get more expensive. Frank knows this and he is going to put off signing a long term contract for a couple of years, unless he gets a monster deal. He's young enough that he doesn't need to be in a hurry, and he already has an insurance policy to cover himself if he gets a career ending injury while he waits.

Frank will be franchised. His agent has already said that he is willing to play under the franchise tag, for 2 years, while awaiting the best contract he can get. Franchise tag, this year, for DeMarcus Lawrence and Ezekiel Ansah was 17 million, and the cost of the tag will go up next year. So, it's fair to assume that Clark will cost us 18 million next year, and even more the year after. I suspect he will gun for a contract in the 20 million range or greater. Will he get it? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

There is a big group of ends that are about to get paid, and set the market. Lawrence, Ansah, Graham, Quinn, Daniels, and Jordan, as well as Clark. The best play, for each of them, is to wait it out as long as possible, while the others set the market.

Latest posts