As great as Wilson is, what was he thinking the 1st half?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kjreid":2cjyyxm7 said:
Yes, all year he is pretty careful about throwing into coverage and he does nothing but that the 1st half.

Oh, I fogot we only talk about how great Wilson is. My bad!!! :th2thumbs:
WTF!, after he COMES BACK to WIN the game when even his supposedly staunchest supporters were counting him out, and all you negative bed wetters had him counted out, you want to focus on ONLY the negative aspects of the game?
Have at it, maybe you can get together with some other sorry losers and give props to Rodgers for having a game going in his favor for 99.9% eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":22yfnsc8 said:
Bad day at the office first 55:30, redemption in the last 4:30?
Yep!!, that's all the time a truly GREAT Quarterback really needs to PROVE he has the IT factor, eh?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Wilson isn't as good in rain and wind, just like every other QB in the history of the NFL. How many interceptions did Arod have for the whole season and how many yesterday? This idea that Wilson has some sort of unique flaw because he plays worse in bad weather is silly. He plays worse in bad weather because every passing game does worse in bad weather.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
It was a combination of alot of things, on that first INT, Kearse didn't catch it and it lobbed up in the air. On the 2nd INT, we only had 2 Receivers (Kearse and Willson) out there, that was a weird play. Give credit to Dix as he was sniffed out that play.

Weather is a factor we had wind and rain, reminds me of the Saints playoff game last year. Troy even said that those things can affect the passing game.

We will see a much better game in Glendale if they leave the roof on.

On the Read Option play early in the first half, there were a few times that Wilson was about to take it for huge gains, but Lynch had already grabbed the ball and was headed out.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Timing was off for the first half. Running/ Passing/ RO. It was just off.

I don't think there were any major changes going into the second, they just got
Into a rhythm pretty quickly and good things started happening.

Even though it wasn't reflected in scoring, I was watching the stat lines in the 3rd and early 4th quarters. It was amazing to see the Hawks catching up in yardage, TOP, first downs etc.

By late 3rd quarter, I pointed this out to the folks near me. We were playing Seahawk ball again and it was just a matter of enough clock which we had right up to the big INT.

Then, we needed a couple of miraculous plays because there wasn't enough time left to win it the Hawks way, which would have been inevitable with another 5 min of game time.

-bsd RPA

lukerguy

Reaction score
The only really horrible INT was the one to Kearse at the end of half. We needed 3 points there and it was well under thrown. The one where he got hit my Matthews was poor too, but it wasn't a bad throw. He just shouldn't throw into double coverage downfield.

Let's be honest though, if we don't get that onside kick everyone is screaming about how the soon to be "highest paid qb in the league" get's picked 4 times on the biggest stage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":1p6ljd8r said:
Let's be honest though, if we don't get that onside kick everyone is screaming about how the soon to be "highest paid qb in the league" get's picked 4 times on the biggest stage.

I've heard some analysts say this even after we won.

Definitely out of character for Russell to force balls, I think the score snowballed him thinking he needed to make plays to get us back into the game. So normally balls he'd throw away he was forcing.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
He was off, but it was not as bad from my POV as most of yours. I was at the game as well, IMO the long toss was on russ.. it was a bad decision and that wind held that ball up... he was trying to make something happen.... we needed it... the end zone pass was not a good one.... not one RW does verry often.. so IMO he had 2 INTS... kearse flat dropped the other 2... if you get hit in the numbers... catch the ball..... I still can not believe we won.... but what a killer game to be at....

netskier

Reaction score
The quick examination for a serious concussion is to look for unequal pupil diameters under equal illumination of the eyes.

netskier

Reaction score
Just check the pupil sizes, and if unequal then verify that both eyes are equally lit.

keasley45

Reaction score
i think it was a combination of being a bit amped for the game and throwing patterns that he doesnt typically throw. If you think about it, 3 of the 4 were on crosses (deeper than the typ slants he hits) or posts... not RW's forte. as a matter o fact, the last time i remember him throwing a post like the 3rd pick he threw into double coverage (maybe it was the 2nd?) was preseason last year against the packers in GB. That one was also an int. Hadn't seen it since. RW usually gets into a rhythm on bubbles, hooks, seams, flares and throws up the sidelines. they got back on track when they started hitting what he's good at. I think the gameplan was to try and give GB throws they weren't expecting. would have worked if RW throws a slightly more catchable ball on the first and last ints(still should have been caught) and the WR's execute.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin were both calling out Kearse for not at least trying to defend on the 2 that weren't on his hands, fwiw.

mikeak

Reaction score
brimsalabim":u6ari0ac said:
Terpdragon":u6ari0ac said:
I wonder if he was concussed in that blindside hit
How could he not have been? He also had his helmet pounded on the carpet a few times and took an elbow to the helmet.

Erin Andrews said our staff gave him a 3 second test after that big hit though. Any idea what that is?

So what was the excuse prior to this so called concussion?.....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Thinking about the Instagram hotties he's plowing.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He must have read through some old .net threads where people were saying he should stop being so careful and trust his receivers more. He should stop waiting for them to be open before he throws the ball and just trust his receivers to make a play.

That's what some of you were asking for, right?