Arians says he may use two QB's next Sunday...

minormillikin

Reaction score
We are still not taking the Cardinals seriously enough in this thread or on the forum as a whole. Therefore, if the Seahawks lose, it is on us.

I'm super cereal.

endzorn

Reaction score
minormillikin":3403clo7 said:
We are still not taking the Cardinals seriously enough in this thread or on the forum as a whole. Therefore, if the Seahawks lose, it is on us.

I'm super cereal.
I'll spend the week focusing on their blitz packages and their run offense schemes. If I don't we'll surely lose big.

ringless

Reaction score
I don't think the #1 defense is going to have a hard time with the worst QB including backups in the division is starting a game.
47 career QBR. No Touchdowns. 7 Interceptions. Our defense will do a great job for 3 quarters before the damn breaks lose because the offense continually put them in a bad position or too many 3 n outs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
pehawk":3ia2b4zs said:
The only thing that scares me about that Cards game is the Hawks oline and Mr Kangol.

Mr Kangol will certainly run counter/misdirection runs from a jumbo set, right at Venus Williams, as the 49ers did. The only thing that stopped that was injury, really. Before injuries to Hyde and Gore, Williams was getting handled by Looney, a rookie Center. They exploited the Hawks speed by using it against them. Arians will do that until/if they stop it. He may use Logan as a very, VERY college type running threat. I expect something totally out of the blue and unexpected.

One turnover by what's sure to be a under-duress Wilson, could really put this one in trouble.

I don't like the line, I don't like the smell of this game. Arians is going for HFA so he can get Stanton back. It's game 7 in the World Series so all his pitchers are available in "relief".

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

Zero fear about this game. Arizona has been a paper tiger all year.

We're better across the board than they are. We will handle them.

Not to mention.. this team LOVES primetime. LOVES it.

minormillikin

Reaction score
endzorn":2jifb9kt said:
minormillikin":2jifb9kt said:

I'm super cereal.
I'll spend the week focusing on their blitz packages and their run offense schemes. If I don't we'll surely lose big.

Ha!

I'll work on distracting Arians. First, I will put a hat on his head-- the sort of hat that dangles a hot dog on a string just out of his reach. While he spends the week pursuing the hot dog, I will coach his players. The catch: I am not a good coach.

Sac

Reaction score
minormillikin":2o39lsqf said:
endzorn":2o39lsqf said:
minormillikin":2o39lsqf said:

I'm super cereal.

Ha!

I'll work on distracting Arians. First, I will put a hat on his head-- the sort of hat that dangles a hot dog on a string just out of his reach. While he spends the week pursuing the hot dog, I will coach his players. The catch: I am not a good coach.
Good plan. Everyone knows Arians can't resist dangling wieners.

ringless

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28l0qfvg said:
pehawk":28l0qfvg said:
The only thing that scares me about that Cards game is the Hawks oline and Mr Kangol.

Mr Kangol will certainly run counter/misdirection runs from a jumbo set, right at Venus Williams, as the 49ers did. The only thing that stopped that was injury, really. Before injuries to Hyde and Gore, Williams was getting handled by Looney, a rookie Center. They exploited the Hawks speed by using it against them. Arians will do that until/if they stop it. He may use Logan as a very, VERY college type running threat. I expect something totally out of the blue and unexpected.

One turnover by what's sure to be a under-duress Wilson, could really put this one in trouble.

I don't like the line, I don't like the smell of this game. Arians is going for HFA so he can get Stanton back. It's game 7 in the World Series so all his pitchers are available in "relief".

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

I don't know if you could call them a paper tiger at 11-3. They do have more takeaways then the Seahawks on Defense. They are basically tied in PA being 2nd and 3rd at 242 and 244. In 12 games of 14 allowing less than 20 ppg. Their weakness is they are decimated by injuries otherwise the team is for real. You'd have to agree the Defense is a top 5, and the coaching staff is top 5. What makes you guys not a paper tiger then? I think your lucky you are playing this game against a 4th string QB.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3428i3ld said:
I don't know Pe. Jeff Fisher seems to be the only guy that outcoaches Carroll. Our D had a bit of a letdown in the first half today and I don't think that will happen again this season, Also, we have had success on that field the last 2 years. And, we've been in this type of pressure situation recently and they haven't. Finally, we play well in prime time. Considering all of that, I think we've got this one man. Not gonna be a blowout cuz our O isn't good enough for one. But a W is a W and I think we get it.

Jeff Fisher has never outcoached anyone...ever. All of the big wins in his career have been due to gimmicks. Fake punts and fake field goals, the music city miracle...all gimmicks. He has never had a team that could just line up and beat a good team.

How many years are they gonna give him to get to .500? Most overrated coach EVER.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":2kivbq9g said:
Hasselbeck":2kivbq9g said:
pehawk":2kivbq9g said:

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

I don't know if you could call them a paper tiger at 11-3. They do have more takeaways then the Seahawks on Defense. They are basically tied in PA being 2nd and 3rd at 242 and 244. In 12 games of 14 allowing less than 20 ppg. Their weakness is they are decimated by injuries otherwise the team is for real. You'd have to agree the Defense is a top 5, and the coaching staff is top 5. What makes you guys not a paper tiger then? I think your lucky you are playing this game against a 4th string QB.

Are you aware of the definition of "paper tiger"??? Living in the west valley I have watched every Cards game, and they have won at least 5-6 games that they easily could have/should have lost. Some of that luck is created. Some of it is pure random bounce of the ball. Still cant believe that fumble call against KC when they were going in for the win last week. SMH.

Name one NFL team that wouldnt be giddy to draw AZ in the playoffs. One.

Sure theyve been decimated by injuries. Part of the game. Having Carson clearly makes AZ better, but in no way are they better than Seattle on paper full strength vs full strength. Not even close.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Provided Russ doesn't have a brain fart in the passing game and our o-line gets on a roll in the run game, I'm really not concerned about AZ's offense with either (or both) of their QBs.

Protect the ball, run the ball, profit.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
endzorn":b1j2qa0b said:
minormillikin":b1j2qa0b said:

I'm super cereal.
Heh-heh...he said focus his package...
.Sorry, just felt stupid for a second...

ringless

Reaction score
Hawkpower":qnm5wpf6 said:
ringless":qnm5wpf6 said:
Hasselbeck":qnm5wpf6 said:
pehawk":qnm5wpf6 said:

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

Are you aware of the definition of "paper tiger"??? Living in the west valley I have watched every Cards game, and they have won at least 5-6 games that they easily could have/should have lost. Some of that luck is created. Some of it is pure random bounce of the ball. Still cant believe that fumble call against KC when they were going in for the win last week. SMH.

Name one NFL team that wouldnt be giddy to draw AZ in the playoffs. One.

Sure theyve been decimated by injuries. Part of the game. Having Carson clearly makes AZ better, but in no way are they better than Seattle on paper full strength vs full strength. Not even close.

You guys had a few wins this year that could have gone either way, and on your super bowl run. Good teams find ways to win those games. Of course teams aren't going to be afraid of a 4th strung QB, RB and decimated defense. If we our starting QB lots of teams would be afraid. Also on that fumble call the NFL and Mike pereira said it was the right call. Once the ball came lose he had to regain full possession long enough and he didn't. You guys got some calls today no? That's just a bad excuse to explain 11 wins. The team has a great defense and a poor offense and they are doing it with nobodies.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":vg9a8p2i said:
You guys had a few wins this year that could have gone either way, and on your super bowl run. Good teams find ways to win those games. Of course teams aren't going to be afraid of a 4th strung QB, RB and decimated defense. If we our starting QB lots of teams would be afraid.

First point is very valid and Pete Carroll would be the first to point that out.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
ringless":3b8hc43i said:

1. A good record isn't a counterpoint to being a paper tiger; a good record is, in fact, pretty much a necessary component of a paper tiger. The whole point of the term is that the team isn't as good as it appears to be from its record.
2. Takeaways are an unsustainable byproduct of good defense. Having more over the course of 14 games is whatever; your team's overall defensive quality is worth bragging about, but a team can't reliably force turnovers the same way that they can consistently crank out other types of production even if they're playing at the same high level all the time.
3. There's no question that we're lucky to be catching Ryan Lindley/Logan Thomas this game. There's also no question that the Cardinals were staggeringly lucky to catch Brandon Weeden instead of Tony Romo when Dallas came up on their schedule.
4. We're not a paper tiger because every metric in the universe says that we're not; DVOA, ANFLS Efficiency, 538 ELO, Inpredictable, etc. Those same metrics paint a significantly different picture of Arizona. That's how these things are measured.

Barakas

Reaction score
ringless":319sgaxc said:
Hasselbeck":319sgaxc said:
pehawk":319sgaxc said:

XOXO

Leelan McElroy

When you are 7 point underdogs AT home with a 11-3 record....the world is telling you that your team is a paper tiger.

Just saying...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Barakas":2lcyz8u1 said:
When you are 7 point underdogs AT home with a 11-3 record....the world is telling you that your team is a paper tiger.

Just saying...

Yep. Odds favor this post drawing a response about how betting lines are just an attempt to ensure equal action on both sides, which ignores that the money that controls where the line settles is sharp money from professional bettors.

The betting market is saying that the Seahawks are a whopping 10 points better than Arizona on a neutral field. That's a massive difference. Obviously if I was a Cards fan I'd hold out hope for a home upset, but I'd do it while knowing that the game is unlikely to go Arizona's way.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think the concern here is mostly due to how important the game is. It may be the difference between the #1 seed and clawing for a wildcard spot, and a lot of angst is natural no matter the point spread. If this was week 1 and we had the same information most fans would feel far more confident. Most have probably felt more confident about games this season in which we have been favored by less.

Arizona could win but it is not likely. Our defense matches up really well against their offense with backups, and our offense should do enough to get a 12-3 victory or some such.

morgulon1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":15ozpwwp said:
ringless":15ozpwwp said:

1. A good record isn't a counterpoint to being a paper tiger; a good record is, in fact, pretty much a necessary component of a paper tiger. The whole point of the term is that the team isn't as good as it appears to be from its record.
2. Takeaways are an unsustainable byproduct of good defense. Having more over the course of 14 games is whatever; your team's overall defensive quality is worth bragging about, but a team can't reliably force turnovers the same way that they can consistently crank out other types of production even if they're playing at the same high level all the time.
3. There's no question that we're lucky to be catching Ryan Lindley/Logan Thomas this game. There's also no question that the Cardinals were staggeringly lucky to catch Brandon Weeden instead of Tony Romo when Dallas came up on their schedule.
4. We're not a paper tiger because every metric in the universe says that we're not; DVOA, ANFLS Efficiency, 538 ELO, Inpredictable, etc. Those same metrics paint a significantly different picture of Arizona. That's how these things are measured.

I picture the guy in your avatar saying what you just wrote . As he's reading the newspaper. I feel scolded.