Are the numbers on our jerseys too big?

chris98251

Reaction score
Size does matter, ask those people in the upper rows, "no not the ones doing the Nasty" the ones watching the game, being able to see who is who is nice from there.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
No small numbers look stupid. But I do believe the numbers on our home unis would have looked better as brighter/ more whiteish

Our numbers do tend to fall of the jerseys though!

fuego

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":271z8aw5 said:
I like uniform threads. It means there's not enough to complain about to satisfy our need for topics. That's a hell of a lot better than things were post-Rams.

Since you like uniform threads, I'll ask you this.

I know you guys changed uniforms a few years back, a little different design, etc. Did you change your 'blue' color too? A little deeper or darker? It seems like you did and I liked the original 'blue' better, a little more gun steel blue. Or is that all in my head/eyes?

sutz

Reaction score
fuego":1umd33sb said:
KiwiHawk":1umd33sb said:
I like uniform threads. It means there's not enough to complain about to satisfy our need for topics. That's a hell of a lot better than things were post-Rams.

I know you guys changed uniforms a few years back, a little different design, etc. Did you change your 'blue' color too? A little deeper or darker? It seems like you did and I liked the original 'blue' better, a little more gun steel blue. Or is that all in my head/eyes?
Not in your head. When Pete Carroll came in, we changed from that kind of "gunmetal blue" to a more pure dark blue color. The old one always had a little trouble with color registration on some video systems, especially non-HD. That is why in the earlier broadcasts, some announcers called it "green" looking.

fuego

Reaction score
sutz":5j2y8dlr said:
fuego":5j2y8dlr said:
KiwiHawk":5j2y8dlr said:

Not in your head. When Pete Carroll came in, we changed from that kind of "gunmetal blue" to a more pure dark blue color. The old one always had a little trouble with color registration on some video systems, especially non-HD. That is why in the earlier broadcasts, some announcers called it "green" looking.

Since Pete came in? Didn't realize it had been that long.

I did like that other blue better though. That with the 'green' just looked awesome in my opinion. My favorite colors in the NFL. That green have a specific name?

sutz

Reaction score
fuego":3vwzut1k said:

I did like that other blue better though. That with the 'green' just looked awesome in my opinion. My favorite colors in the NFL. That green have a specific name?[/quote]
Well, actually the only real green was in the highlights, pinstripes and the eye of the Hawk on the helmet. That was called Bright Seahawk Green, or something like that.

Here's a pic.
2002_Jackson.jpg

pmedic920

Reaction score
fuego":iy5y3gg2 said:
sutz":iy5y3gg2 said:
fuego":iy5y3gg2 said:
KiwiHawk":iy5y3gg2 said:

I did like that other blue better though. That with the 'green' just looked awesome in my opinion. My favorite colors in the NFL. That green have a specific name?

Nike calls it "action green"

The Pantone matching system, or PMS # is 368

Blue = 298
Grey= 429
http://www.designfiles.net/nfl-team-colors/

pmedic920

Reaction score

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":lorj85xi said:
Hawkspur":lorj85xi said:
I usually have to look extra hard to work out tell the difference between Clark's 55 and Avril's 56. Asides from that, it's all good. I prefer the classic straight-line number fonts like the old jersey numbers but they're better than the likes Bucs, Broncos, Eagles, Ravens and no doubt a few others.

I have to agree here.

The new font is a bit more difficult to discern at a fast glance.

I am thankful we are not the Buccaneers, as those oldschool digital numbers suck. I'm also thankful our helmets don't look like the Jags, mercy.

Very thankful.
Definitely glad that the Hawks were the first team to get a Nike uniform makeover. Came in with a bang, but every other uniform that they've changed has been for the worse (never thought that TB could have a worse look than the 70s Creamsicle "Swishbuckler" unis - boy was I wrong about that!)

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2x575kdj said:
Excuse me, but are all of the teams problems so diminished that fans are focusing on the size of numbers?

Evidently so.... :roll:

Rob...you only have one job here and this clearly isn't a thinly veiled wiener joke.

Keep to the program!

Latest posts