Are the eagles actually good?

amill87

Reaction score
I haven't see too much of the eagles but it appears they are playing pretty good lately but every highlight I see their wrs are wide open and McCoy has holes that a semi can drive through. Are they that good or has their competition been that bad? Foles looks like he could be pretty good

KK84

Reaction score
No, they really aren't. Nick Foles has his moments, but overall it's a mediocre team in a division worse than NFC west 2010.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
KK84":3po7bq8b said:
No, they really aren't. Nick Foles has his moments, but overall it's a mediocre team in a division worse than NFC west 2010.

Agreed. The Eagles won last week but they were definitely more lucky than good (both of Coopers' TDs were totale flukes for instance).

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
They've been climbing up the rankings on Football Outsiders for the past few weeks. From a DVOA low of -12.4% to their current 3.6%, which ranks them 15th. So yes, they've been playing pretty well lately. Their new offensive philosophy is starting to gel now that they have Foles at QB. He has been an upgrade over Vicious Inhuman Canine Killer. One would expect something as revolutionary as what they've been implementing to take some time and I'd say it's starting to bear fruit. That is an offense to fear in Philly. Ranked 5th in offense by FO and getting better each week.

KK84

Reaction score
It's funny that everyone is conveniently forgetting the absolutely horrid game Foles had against Jerry's kids.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
KK84":1zokbug7 said:
It's funny that everyone is conveniently forgetting the absolutely horrid game Foles had against Jerry's kids.
That performance is starting to look more like the exception than the rule for him.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Will they be a team to fear come playoff time? I just can't get a good feel on them

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Skins defense is one of if not the worst in the NFL. Eagles above average IMO but if they win the NFC (L)East they won't go any further than a loss in the first round. However, they could be pretty good in another couple of years. I think Foles is the real deal.

KK84

Reaction score
This win will snap a 10 game losing streak at home. They're our polar opposites. Even if they do win the east sf/car's defense will travel to Philly and destroy them.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
I think there is an inherent flaw in their team that has not been answered yet. If their offense goes three and out, how long can their defense last? Defenses getting tired as games go on is a real thing and having such a fast paced offense seems like it could put a ton of stress on the defense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
amill87":2efsmwda said:
I haven't see too much of the eagles but it appears they are playing pretty good lately but every highlight I see their wrs are wide open and McCoy has holes that a semi can drive through. Are they that good or has their competition been that bad? Foles looks like he could be pretty good
No. They are a product of that horrible division. For example Kansas City killed them because they actually play defense which Washington has no clue of. Riley Cooper running free, seriously?

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":t7ml7oyh said:
amill87":t7ml7oyh said:
No. They are a product of that horrible division. For example Kansas City killed them because they actually play defense which Washington has clue of. Riley Cooper running free, seriously?

ALL of their WRs run free. It seems off to me. I know they aren't that good. It has to be a scheme thing that is confusing defenses but what happens when defenses catch up again?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
amill87":1hgjg7nj said:
KCHawkGirl":1hgjg7nj said:
amill87":1hgjg7nj said:
No. They are a product of that horrible division. For example Kansas City killed them because they actually play defense which Washington has clue of. Riley Cooper running free, seriously?

ALL of their WRs run free. It seems off to me. I know they aren't that good. It has to be a scheme thing that is confusing defenses but what happens when defenses catch up again?
There's nothing to catch up to. Kansas City and any team that can play press coverage eliminates them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think they are OK. Best team in that division, but that is saying absoletly nothing!

Jac

Reaction score
I think we're getting too used to seeing teams through the lens of an elite team. I think the Eagles qualify as a "good team" and are trending up. Sure, they probably wouldn't hold up against the elite teams yet...but at 6-5, they're winning more than they're losing. It took Peter Carroll time to get his program going as well, but you could still see the emerging trend as it was happening.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I think McCoy is dam good, prob the best back in the league atm. Not too sure on Foles, he's been firing td's like nobody's business, but according to nfl.com some of his throws have been a little lucky, and maybe shoulda been intercepted (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ayoff-race). Then again, better lucky then good. Its a very weak division though, they don't have to be good, they just have to be the least lame.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
When they face defenses that can hold the line of scrimmage, their offense goes down the tubes. I think we have seen this movie before with Mr. Kelley except the high side isn't quite as high. Granted it is only 3/4 of a season, but something to keep a pulse on in terms of how well the quick spread offense really does in the very different format of the NFL.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Looking at the rest of their schedule...

vs. Arizona
vs. Lions
@ Vikings
vs. Bears
@ Cowboys

I would pick them to go 1-4 in those games. They finish 7-9. 8-8 at best.

Latest posts