Apparently the league reviewed the non-PI

balakoth

Reaction score
Stanley":h9oqipg6 said:
Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.

49er fans trying to grasp for straws when the whole country knows that call was botched

Give me a break

Either you are trying too hard or you don't understand football... Or just didn't watch the game

Polaris

Reaction score
Who is everyone going to believe? The NFL or their lying eyes?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stanley":d9aitxh1 said:
Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.
You’re blind troll, go away!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Alberto Riveron is a lying incompetent shit bag that needs to retire.
He needs to get into politics.

If Seattle was a “legacy team” that call is DPI or defensive holding on the defense after further review.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Stanley":25tl9dyq said:

You’re a blind homeristic troll, go away!

PaVloVa!8

Reaction score
Stanley":vz9maknw said:

By bracing you mean puting his hand on the receiver ...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It was clear and obvious PI that NY chose to ignore to "help" the away team, period. No other explanation is possible.

These are the reasons narratives about the League favoring certain outcomes exist. Giving us the PI call puts the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st and goal with just enough time for the fairy tale finish we all desired and deserved. For whatever reason, the league didn't want that to be the scenario nor outcome.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Aros":3k3s8mof said:
It was clear and obvious PI that NY chose to ignore to "help" the away team, period. No other explanation is possible.

These are the reasons narratives about the League favoring certain outcomes exist. Giving us the PI call puts the ball on the 1 yard line, 1st and goal with just enough time for the fairy tale finish we all desired and deserved. For whatever reason, the league didn't want that to be the scenario nor outcome.

Oh hell no.

I wasn't gonna wade into this, but I just can't resist this one.

Look, I don't think it was PI because you are asking for the TE to run into a defender, push off and catch the TD on that play and not get an OPI. When the defender instead held his ground and moved in front, you want PI. Either way, you are looking for a OPI to NOT be enforced or a PI to be enforced.

Now I think it was a good non-call, but I can easily state that if I were in your shoes I'd be making similar arguments as to why it was PI. I still think it was PI in the endzone on Crabtree i the SB vs the Ravens. I get it.

THIS is where you lose me. It's the conspiracy theory BS. The "the refs are out to get us" BS. As if the Seahawks weren't holding all night and as if the ONLY REASON the Seahawks even had the ball at that point were because of a ludicrous Personal Foul on the previous 49er drive where the guy was clearly blocking or the PI on Williams that extended a drive on 3rd down.

You wanna say "bad call", ok...whatever...but as soon as you sway into the foil hat "The NFL is trying to help the other team" territory you gone over man.

Don't be that guy.

rcaido

Reaction score
The dude chop block his knees on top of being super late. Very justified on the Personal Foul call.

People are talking about it, should have at least been reviewed. Im fine with it as i wanted the Seahawks to go the route of the Eagles.

ringless

Reaction score
As a non-biased fan and larger Sea supporter than SF.

The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.

EDIT: also had 7 plays....

Marvin49

Reaction score
[vimeo][/vimeo]
rcaido":2op952za said:
The dude chop block his knees on top of being super late. Very justified on the Personal Foul call.

People are talking about it, should have at least been reviewed. Im fine with it as i wanted the Seahawks to go the route of the Eagles.

It wasn't a Chop Block. A Chop Block is when you go at a guys legs when he is engaged with another player. It was the lateness of the block that drew the foul. It was clear he thought the play was still underway.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":23t8ukes said:

The Seahawks at the end of games have been on the other side of this countess times. There was a time when the DB's use to just mug players on every play knowing it would only get a called a few times.

At the end of the day. The 49ers played a more complete game from start to finish. The Seahawks didn't do enough to win. Any loss is always blamed on the refs but if the league really did want a Cali team to win it all. Why didn't they call the ATL game differently?

Again, it was on Seattle to win. They let it come down to a play and a penalty that is almost NEVER called at the end of the game. It's normally a play that they let the boys play and it happened here. It is what it is.

So much this.

Its ironic to see fans of the team that had the LOB complain about a conspiracy RE a non-call on a PI.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ringless":29x8fg1z said:

Can't disagree with this, but the rule is there to review it if it's close. That rule hasn't been there in past years, so what was good back then isn't necessarily going to be the same now. Even if they don't overturn it, there's no reason in that situation with so much on the line to not at least pause and take a look at the play. The fact that they didn't take the time to insure they got it right is what's so frustrating here (at least for me).

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Marvin49":ffrhktfj said:
Aros":ffrhktfj said:

Oh hell no.

I wasn't gonna wade into this, but I just can't resist this one.

Look, I don't think it was PI because you are asking for the TE to run into a defender, push off and catch the TD on that play and not get an OPI. When the defender instead held his ground and moved in front, you want PI. Either way, you are looking for a OPI to NOT be enforced or a PI to be enforced.

Now I think it was a good non-call, but I can easily state that if I were in your shoes I'd be making similar arguments as to why it was PI. I still think it was PI in the endzone on Crabtree i the SB vs the Ravens. I get it.

THIS is where you lose me. It's the conspiracy theory BS. The "the refs are out to get us" BS. As if the Seahawks weren't holding all night and as if the ONLY REASON the Seahawks even had the ball at that point were because of a ludicrous Personal Foul on the previous 49er drive where the guy was clearly blocking or the PI on Williams that extended a drive on 3rd down.

You wanna say "bad call", ok...whatever...but as soon as you sway into the foil hat "The NFL is trying to help the other team" territory you gone over man.

Don't be that guy.

I understand your sentiment Marvin, but when you see a call that is THAT blatantly obvious, that is not even reviewed, it’s hard not to get suspicious.

I agree it’s probably just more gross incompetence.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":5b4jotas said:

EDIT: also had 7 plays....

You are right in that Seattle has gotten away with physical play in the past.

But that’s not relevant to this argument. The question is why replay wasn’t even initiated when the NFL put it in to keep gross incompetence from deciding games.

Incompetence helped to decide a game. It failed.

What Seattle did or didn’t “get away with” in 2013 makes you feel better, vindicated, whatever, but isn’t relevant here.

JPatera76

Reaction score
It was PI, period if the role was reverse whiner fans would be up in arms as well. At the end of the day, idgaf what whiner fans come in here to defend that it’s not. It was. “The TE ran into the defender” GTFO the defender f’n bear hugged him. And as someone stated up in the thread, 5yrds blah blah doesn’t matter ball was in the air.

Regardless, It sucks not being the NFC West champs, but idc is rather beat the crap outta philly again like we did earlier.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JPatera76":38nomvrf said:
It was PI, period if the role was reverse whiner fans would be up in arms as well. At the end of the day, idgaf what whiner fans come in here to defend that it’s not. It was. “The TE ran into the defender” GTFO the defender f’n bear hugged him. And as someone stated up in the thread, 5yrds blah blah doesn’t matter ball was in the air.

Regardless, It sucks not being the NFC West champs, but idc is rather beat the crap outta philly again like we did earlier.

I probably would be up in arms. I can't deny that...but I think I'd be wrong.

Bottom line, Seahawks had EIGHT plays inside the 12 to win the game and all I'm reading is complaining that they didn't get 3 or 4 more. It wasn't the NFL that pushed the ball back 5 yards. Seahawks did that on their own. Seahawks got a PI on 3rd down on the previous Seattle series. Did the NFL give them that one knowing there would be a more consequential one later that they could ignore?

I think it was a good non-call. I don't think it was nearly as obvious as many make it out to be. However it did LOOK bad and I'm sure I'd be upset if I were a Seahawk fan. I get that.

Its the conspiracy theory BS that gets me as if this hadn't gone the other way COUNTLESS times.

There just always seems to be this sentiment that the 'hawks are some sort of underdog and nobody wants them to win. That ain't the Seahawks anymore. They are a perennial winner with a HOF QB. When people complain about conspiracy theories against them it just sounds silly.

I also read the sentiment that Seahawks were cheated the ending they "wanted and deserved" to quote exactly. Huh?

You guys were an INCH from an NFC West Title with a freakin +7 point differential. That's not an insult. Thats freakin amazing.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

Take the gift and move on.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawkpower":p6exo2x1 said:
Marvin, only Niner fans are downplaying the non call.

Nearly every neutral observer has called it out.

You are wrong here. We don’t blame you. We would be doing the same thing.

The refs blew the call. More incompetence. We all see it every week.

Take the gift and move on.

I hear you. I disagree on the call, but that ain't no biggy. Just is what it is.

It's the conspiracy "the NFL doesn't want us to win" BS that I object to.

Latest posts