Apparently the league reviewed the non-PI

HawkGA

Reaction score
and decided it was non-PI. I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the replay. Such garbage.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-seattle/

Make whatever excuse you want for why it wasn't called, but don't say it wasn't PI. The league has effective redefined PI with that ruling. Well, they would have redefined it if they had any actual consistency.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":25vmnrh8 said:
and decided it was non-PI. I didn't watch the game, but I did watch the replay. Such garbage.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-seattle/

Make whatever excuse you want for why it wasn't called, but don't say it wasn't PI. The league has effective redefined PI with that ruling. Well, they would have redefined it if they had any actual consistency.

Im trying to work if hes incompetent or a liar. Either way it was good people noticed and it rewrites the whiner bs about the seahawks being lucky..

Wartooth

Reaction score
Sure they did... :pukeface:
They did what they did to the Saint's last year...
Looked the other way to promote a team from California.
If we end up back in the 9er's house, we will get 'officiated' again!
Count on it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I dont have Twitter but Tony Dungy weighed in and was very critical at the call as well. In fact the non call is overshadowing the botch play clock management by Carroll.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Umm yeah, BS cover up by Riveron cause he knows the entire country was barking for the review.

Just puts a nail in the coffin for this terrible new rule. It was implemented because the Saints cried, and the league and refs from day one had ZERO intention of ever implementing and enforcing the rule correctly.

It won't be here next year, guaranteed.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If the league reviewed the no-call it was a 'cover our A$$' review.
They should attach an asperick to the W*-L* record Niners and Hawks sport on the year, issue us a divisional champ condolence banner, and fix their issues. But for all that, taking a delay penalty following the spike is more to blame for the loss than any of the multitude of other things that went wrong for us.
Regardless, I think, and hope, we came out of the game a better team to face the next challenge we face.

seedhawk

Reaction score
On that play, if indeed contact is within the 5 yard bump zone, it may not have been inteference, or illegal contact, but, it sure looked like holding to me.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Whatever.

The mugging that happened was not PI? Right, sure thing Riveron. If it were a 49er it would have been called.

I'm calling BS on that one.

kidhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":hr2ugcof said:
On that play, if indeed contact is within the 5 yard bump zone, it may not have been inteference, or illegal contact, but, it sure looked like holding to me.

Once the ball is in the air, the defender cannot continue interference like that. 5 yards is for initial contact on a route, but interference comes into play once the ball is in the air. It was definitely interference, and the refs blew it. It wasn't the only reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor.

Another that is totally being ignored (likely because it happened in the first half) was the non review of the poor spot on our drive to end the half. I thought it was clearly a first down, but I know for an absolute fact that it was extremely close and that is another thing that should have been reviewed in such a huge game with major implications to multiple teams.

Obviously, our defense didn't play worth a damn the vast majority of the game, and our clock management at the end was atrocious and we didn't play well enough on our end, but that doesn't excuse the refusal of the NFL to take the time to use the replay system as it was supposedly intended.

Tical21

Reaction score
Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?

LTH

Reaction score
The rules change so much from year to year Im still pissed at the PI against Jackson in the SB which was Nothing compared to this mugging CRAP!!

LTH

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2s0q1qvs said:
seedhawk":2s0q1qvs said:

Once the ball is in the air, the defender cannot continue interference like that. 5 yards is for initial contact on a route, but interference comes into play once the ball is in the air. It was definitely interference, and the refs blew it. It wasn't the only reason we lost, but it was a contributing factor.

Another that is totally being ignored (likely because it happened in the first half) was the non review of the poor spot on our drive to end the half. I thought it was clearly a first down, but I know for an absolute fact that it was extremely close and that is another thing that should have been reviewed in such a huge game with major implications to multiple teams.

Obviously, our defense didn't play worth a damn the vast majority of the game, and our clock management at the end was atrocious and we didn't play well enough on our end, but that doesn't excuse the refusal of the NFL to take the time to use the replay system as it was supposedly intended.

I should also add that we started at the 6 yard line and they were in the endzone so it was past 5 yards clearly

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":3pwvct9z said:
Look, if you tell your TE to go into the LB and your QB decides to throw the ball at that time, there’s going to be contact 100% of the time. You all wanted the NFL to go to slow-motion replay and award us a victory because Russ tried to force an ill-advised pass to a blanketed receiver?

I want the officials to review possible game changing PI calls, that's EXACTLY the scenario as to why the new rule was implemented.

Maybe they do review and determine there was no PI, but if they're not going to review a possible end of game changing PI call, then throw the entire thing in the garbage. Because I can't think of a more blatant textbook example of why the new rule was passed then what happened last night.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":3mrr1494 said:

Only you would turn that straight into Wilson hate!! :pukeface:

Brady does that and gets the call (like should have been called) and he's the GOAT. :roll:

Stanley

Reaction score
Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":277uqgrk said:
Jebus Christy Tical, He had is arms wrapped around him, that's not just "CONTACT"!
You need to go & re-watch that play all over again. :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Stanley":2yj1gj1a said:
Hollister literally turned and ran into Warner, initiating contact beyond 5 yards. At the point, Warner is allowed to brace for contact.

Nothing happened illegal happened in that play. Unless a WR running into the ground of a defender is illegal.

"Nothing happened illegal happened" :roll: Warner literally ran towards Hollister, wrapped BOTH his arms around him, that's NOT "Bracing For Impact", nor was it INCIDENTAL CONTACT, it was PI...PERIOD!

Latest posts