Anyone tired of hearing people talk about Mahomes

QWERTY

Reaction score
I mean cmon. They are even saying that if he had retired after beating the Eagles, he would be in HOF. The guy only completed 5 seasons. Also they are saying that he is better than the GOAT, and that he will catch up to Brady's 7 SB rings.

I want to see how he does in 2 years when Kelcie turns 35-36 years old. I also would like to see their OC leaving for a HC gig.

I don't know what or how to compare him with other QB's but there were other good QB's that played in the NFL that are in the same level as him.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
It’s losing Andy Reid that will have the most impact. Reid is nearly 65 so the 2nd half of PM’s career is pretty much guaranteed to be under another coach.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, I'd rather hear about these great young QB's like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc all day 24/7 than another sports TV piece on what Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are doing.
What Mahomes and Burrow are doing, is what Rodgers and RW have done in their young years.

Mizak

Reaction score
Pete Carroll wishes he was in Andy Reid’s league.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I mean cmon. They are even saying that if he had retired after beating the Eagles, he would be in HOF. The guy only completed 5 seasons. Also they are saying that he is better than the GOAT, and that he will catch up to Brady's 7 SB rings.

I want to see how he does in 2 years when Kelcie turns 35-36 years old. I also would like to see their OC leaving for a HC gig.

I don't know what or how to compare him with other QB's but there were other good QB's that played in the NFL that are in the same level as him.

-NFL all-time leading passer rating
-NFL all-time leading passer rating in the playoffs
-in the top 60 all time TD passes - in just 5 seasons
-3 superbowl appeareances/2 wins in 4 seasons
-2x superbowl mvp
-2x league mvp
-fastest to 20,000 passing yards
-fastest to 100 TDs
-record for most passing+rushing TDs in a single post-season
-record for most total yards passing + rushing in a season

But yeah please convince anyone he's not a HOF regardless of how much longer he plays.

What Mahomes is doing is just ridiculous. Give him some credit.

Torc

Reaction score
If his sprained ankle magically became something super serious and his career ended tomorrow, he'd be a hall of famer in my opinion. Compare it to someone like Gale Sayers - so good you can't keep him out even with a really short career.

Yes, he's that good.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
even if he played for only 5=6 more years and was mediocre, he would still have a far more impressive resume than say, hmm Russell Wilson does at a similar point in his career and people are constantly debating his HOF-worthiness.

if RW is debatable, then Mahomes is IN.

Torc

Reaction score
I don't know that anyone will ever pass Brady's records. Even health aside, most people want to get on to a normal life at some point and do it before they take that major injury if they've been lucky enough to avoid it. Brady is an outlier in several ways. But I think other people can be in the discussion of GOAT without having his longevity (and success over the entirety of that longevity).

jeremiah

Reaction score
Get the league back to rough and tumble play, and I wanna see how Mahomes survives with WR being afraid to run over the middle, and a few ear hole shots from running the ball. ...... sliding feet forward to protect the runner...what a joke. Down by contact meant, you were planted into the turf.

It is a league of kitty cats, instead of pit bulls. You can love it, but it barely keeps me interested for the most part.

Torc

Reaction score
You just have to compare him to the era he is playing in. He's head and shoulders above his peers. Frankly, I'm glad we don't expect guys to be Dan Fouts and keep playing with broken bones, or Paul Moyer playing with a ruptured testicle. Mad respect and all that, I just don't want to see it.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

Bienemy is now a free agent and won’t be retained by KC he has had interviews for 15 HC jobs and no offers. There are rumors of Bienemy is a poor communicator that doesn’t interview well. He won’t be getting a HC job this year and might not get an OC job

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I can tell you one thing, I'd rather hear about these great young QB's like Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc all day 24/7 than another sports TV piece on what Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are doing.

To me it's just rinsing and repeating the same shit, just on a different part of the cycle. I hate it all. I really wish people paid more attention to the team aspect of sports, and stop fawning over quarterbacks.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
To me it's just rinsing and repeating the same shit, just on a different part of the cycle. I hate it all. I really wish people paid more attention to the team aspect of sports, and stop fawning over quarterbacks.
In a sports ball game you follow the sports ball, and the QB is the only player who is always touching the sports ball. Why complain about something that's an unavoidable given?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
In a sports ball game you follow the sports ball, and the QB is the only player who is always touching the sports ball. Why complain about something that's an unavoidable given?

That's pretty much the shallow mentality I loathe.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think without Reid,his playbook/playcalling skills and Kelce
PM's is just a bit better than the average QB.
Reid has coached up a lot of good/great QB's and with the soft
rules of today they thrive even more.
Yes I'm sick of hearing about PM's and especially that ankle that
was ok to run full speed for big gains later in both the AFC title
and the SB..He acted like a drama queen big time.