Anyone else watch the 2012 game vs the Vikings last night

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I guess it was Adrian Peterson's "takeover night" and he picked that as one of the games to show. I thought it a little odd he picked a game where he had great numbers personally but it was a team loss.

It was fun watching that team and listening to the LOB just starting to get their reputation. Watching guys like Rice, Miller, and Tate making plays on offence made me think of Rice and what could have been had he not suffered that knee injury in 2013. I also marvelled at how good Russ looked throwing the ball from the pocket even then as a rookie. His numbers weren't great in that game but there were 3-4 flat out drops.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
That was my first game that I went to. I still remember AP getting through and taking it almost to the house, and I believe it was Earl Thomas got him right before he scored. It was a great game to go to!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I caught most of the second half. Every time I see old games with Sydney Rice, I'm just amazed that his head never came off. That guy was always getting a vicious hit, or landing head-first on the ground, or something. I always thought he must have spent hours in the ice bath after games. Every catch he made looked like it hurt like hell.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
>Pretty certain it was somehow Browner, not Earl, who caught AP at the goal line. Sherm also blasts Harvin along the sideline in that game and Harvin taps out with what looks like a shoulder issue. I attended that game with Zebulon and left with 3 minutes of game time to catch a flight to Hawaii-glad it wasn’t a nail biter or I would have stayed. Sidney Rice was a great player and asset to the Super Bowl winning team’s development.

Russ is undefeated against the Vikings which is a constant light in my life.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1k0qaov7 said:
>Pretty certain it was somehow Browner, not Earl, who caught AP at the goal line.

It was Browner! That is the last Hawks game I attended. It's been years! I'm almost positive that was the first play from scrimmage. AP bursted to the open field down the sideline. Browner legit cut across the field to trail him and closed on him right at the goal line. I was stunned. Browner started trailing him at mid field. I've looked and looked for a replay of that for years and have never found one. Best part was they held Minnesota to a FG on that drive.

That was the early days of the historic defense. Good times.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3b18yu2w said:
bestfightstory":3b18yu2w said:
>Pretty certain it was somehow Browner, not Earl, who caught AP at the goal line.

It was Browner! That is the last Hawks game I attended. It's been years! I'm almost positive that was the first play from scrimmage. AP bursted to the open field down the sideline. Browner legit cut across the field to trail him and closed on him right at the goal line. I was stunned. Browner started trailing him at mid field. I've looked and looked for a replay of that for years and have never found one. Best part was they held Minnesota to a FG on that drive.

That was the early days of the historic defense. Good times.

Appreciate the memory confirmation. Some things just absolutely stand out from individual games. Even over all these decades of devotion.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Wow BFS sighting! You been back much man? good to see you. Cheers!

Latest posts