"Anybody can get sacks playing with Justin Smith"

heyu123

Reaction score
Where are all the football geniuses on this board who were making these comments to discredit Aldon Smith last year and earlier this year? About how he was only a product of Justin Smith?

In case you haven't noticed, the last 4 games the 49ers have only had 5 sacks (three if you subtract the previously mentioned Justin Smith). And the pass rush has generally been terrible.

so what gives? I thought anybody could be productive next to Justin Smith? :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It's obvious Aldon has serious talent, but at the same time, Justin Smith also helps elevate his ability to another level. When Justin was out, you could kinda see that it was affecting Aldon, and it might just be a small sample size, but it was in the play and the stat sheet.

To be fair, Corey Lemonier who has since replaced Aldon has been a pleasant surprise for Niner fans. If that's a product of Justin though is remain to be seen lol.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":330rvtrs said:
It's obvious Aldon has serious talent, but at the same time, Justin Smith also helps elevate his ability to another level. When Justin was out, you could kinda see that it was affecting Aldon, and it might just be a small sample size, but it was in the play and the stat sheet.

To be fair, Corey Lemonier who has since replaced Aldon has been a pleasant surprise for Niner fans. If that's a product of Justin though is remain to be seen lol.

Smith helps Aldon, yes. But there's a difference between "helping" someone, and "making" them. The latter is what a decent portion of this board was claiming.

So I would love to hear those experts chime in on why nobody else has been able to get any pressure or put up production with Justin Smith like Aldon was able too?

Hell, go back to before Aldon joined the 49ers when Justin Smith was in his prime. How come back then nobody was getting to the QB if it's that easy?

Nobody here who has made those claims has been able to back up that stance. Their only "evidence" was a small sample size in which aldon Smith was playing with a torn labrum.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I'm happy some people were wrong. Makes their defense that much less threatening. But I still say Smith helps Smith get some of his sacks, by tying up other defenders. But I also believe Aldon is a damn fine player.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone knew how talented Aldon was and fans are just being fans. People are goona over exaggerate things especially if it also comes with a shot at the rival. I'm sure those same people that said that, would trade Bruce Irvin + draft picks for him in a heart beat. People goona occasionally say some dumb/questionable stuff, just gotta know what to take literal and what to let go.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Obviously Lemon is a bust or maybe it's that Cowboy is 34 fricken years old. Your entire D has become mediocre not just your pass rush. What are you currently ranked? Something like 20th in the league out of 32 teams.

But on a serious note. No one ever said Aldon was a scrub. The arguments made here were combatant of the Niners trying to state he is the best to ever play the game and most here said he would be average if not for Justin Smith holding on every play and you know he does, even the Niner fans on the webzone say it.

Now go away. Your team is on the decline. Get used to it.

Oh by the way good on the field or not he is a complete moron thug off the field.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ckv83n4 said:
Obviously Lemon is a bust or maybe it's that Cowboy is 34 fricken years old. Your entire D has become mediocre not just your pass rush. What are you currently ranked? Something like 20th in the league out of 32 teams.

But on a serious note. No one ever said Aldon was a scrub. The arguments made here were combatant of the Niners trying to state he is the best to ever play the game and most here said he would be average if not for Justin Smith holding on every play and you know he does, even the Niner fans on the webzone say it.

Now go away. Your team is on the decline. Get used to it.

Oh, now Smith is too old? Lol priceless. Just earlier this year these claims were made by people like you about Aldon! Has Justin Smith aged that much in a month?

Is it that hard for you to admit you were wrong about Aldon Smith? I guess so. In no way is Aldon smith "average." That's a laughable claim. He'd be by far your best pass rusher and it's not even close.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":m1iqk73m said:
heyu123":m1iqk73m said:
He'd be by far your best pass rusher and it's not even close.

hahahahahahahahahaNO.

Who is better? Please don't tell me you think Clemons is better.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":crd9dyhw said:
heyu123":crd9dyhw said:
He'd be by far your best pass rusher and it's not even close.

hahahahahahahahahaNO.

Hmm, he would play a different role for us obviously and probably won't have the numbers he does in SF. Michael Bennett has been amazing, and Chris Clemons is no slouch either, but yeah he probably would be our best pure pass rusher by a decent margin, but probably not as big as you think.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Michael Bennett is better at everything than Aldon Smith. Sorry champ.

Aldon Smith is okay. Honestly I think it's great that Justin Smith helped him set a rookie sack record, but when he has done it as many seasons in a row as Clem has, give me a call. I'm sure one day, Smith can be that good. One day.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1g2m7now said:

Aldon Smith is okay. Honestly I think it's great that Justin Smith helped him set a rookie sack record, but when he has done it as many seasons in a row as Clem has, give me a call. I'm sure one day, Smith can be that good. One day.

You can't troll me :141847_bnono:

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Aldon Smith from what I have seen is an all pro rusher, an exceptional drinker, a terrible host at parties, and a total non factor when he can't keep his ass on the field.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
heyu123":3aobdfr2 said:
Smelly McUgly":3aobdfr2 said:

You can't troll me :141847_bnono:

I'm not really trolling you now. That first post, sure.

But you're just too much of a homer/Seahawk-hater to understand how badly you overrate Aldon Smith. There is no way anyone with brains would trade Bennett for Smith. I think Smith could be a very good LEO, though, so I'll give you that. I would take Smith over Clem right now, but only because of age issues.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'd take Clemons, Irvin, Avril and Bennett before Aldon if they were all available. The guy is a mental midget and should be in prison. Why do you even care about him so much. All the guy has done is made the rest of your team look like criminals and drunk thugs. Seriously remove him from your equation and nobody is even talking about all the other crap your team gets into. He has contributed 2 of your 5 current DUI's and the Rape accusations against Cox and Crabtree as well as the drunken bottle beatings Brooks handed out would largely go unnoticed but this moron is single handedly keeping your entire team in the spot light.

He's making you look bad and your propping him up on a pedestal. What does that say about you?

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3b9q6ow5 said:

But you're just too much of a homer/Seahawk-hater to understand how badly you overrate Aldon Smith. There is no way anyone with brains would trade Bennett for Smith. I think Smith could be a very good LEO, though, so I'll give you that. I would take Smith over Clem right now, but only because of age issues.

OK, you said Bennett is better than Smith at everything. Aldon smith had as many sacks last year as Bennett has had in his entire career. Granted, they are different positions but explain how bennett is a better pass rusher than Smith?

That is what this thread is about, pass rushing. Bennett can't come close to Aldon Smith.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
heyu123":29sdz343 said:
Smelly McUgly":29sdz343 said:

OK, you said Bennett is better than Smith at everything. Aldon smith had as many sacks last year as Bennett has had in his entire career. Granted, they are different positions but explain how bennett is a better pass rusher than Smith?

That is what this thread is about, pass rushing. Bennett can't come close to Aldon Smith.

Did you really just equate "sacks" almost completely to "pass-rushing ability?" My goodness, maybe you fit in here better than I thought.

I can't talk to someone that thinks that sacks are the premier way to determine how good someone is at pass-rushing. We're just coming from different, uh, planes of understanding.

Now I think you are trolling me. Well played, sir.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
heyu123":11zsc4ml said:
Smelly McUgly":11zsc4ml said:

Hmm this a lot closer than you think. I don't know what it's worth to you, but if someone could pull up the PFF/FO rankings for DE's, Bennett is in the top 3. On a talent standpoint, Aldon definitely has more than Irvin, Avril, and probably Clemons though.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2vger3hu said:
I'd take Clemons, Irvin, Avril and Bennett before Aldon if they were all available. The guy is a mental midget and should be in prison. Why do you even care about him so much. All the guy has done is made the rest of your team look like criminals and drunk thugs. Seriously remove him from your equation and nobody is even talking about all the other crap your team gets into. He has contributed 2 of your 5 current DUI's and the Rape accusations against Cox and Crabtree as well as the drunken bottle beatings Brooks handed out would largely go unnoticed but this moron is single handedly keeping your entire team in the spot light.

He's making you look bad and your propping him up on a pedestal. What does that say about you?

OK, well your opinion is obviously clouded as you are one of the main culprits of spitting out the "Justin Smith made Aldon Smith" nonsense. You're just too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Instead you'd rather deflect to issues that have nothing to do with the OP. Typical tactic.

Latest posts