"Anybody can get sacks playing with Justin Smith"

kearly

Reaction score
On topic, Aldon Smith is a legit talent, and sacks are never really the smartest way to evaluate performance. If nothing else, I'd want Aldon Smith on the Seahawks just for his speed and rapidly improving run defense. But only if he stopped being a mental case and ditched his obsession with guns that can empty 30 round clips in a few seconds.

NINEster

Reaction score
The company he kept was a far bigger problem than the guns. If he fixes that for good, and curbs the drinking, he's fine.

And outside of a technicality, the guns (and guns in general) are not a problem.

Nice coming together of gun control happy SF and Seattle (and NYC , DC, and Chicago too).

Love these cities but hate that liberal stance on guns.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
kearly":32r7y24p said:
lvnginhwktwn":32r7y24p said:
FlyingGreg":32r7y24p said:
71-16 with your boy Aldon playing.

So, who cares.

/thread

37-0 With every player you have ever had, and still no rings. Numbers don't mean shit. And what's even more sad than your season record, is the fact that wins against the 49ers seems to mean more to you than getting a championship.

But your right, "who cares".

71-16 feels a tad more relevant right now. Every Seahawks fan hopes and prays that ten years from now that 49ers fans will still be clinging to "5 rings" while their team is earning 12 win wild card spots every year.

Everyone is entitled to have their fantasies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":quoar6jx said:
kearly":quoar6jx said:
lvnginhwktwn":quoar6jx said:
FlyingGreg":quoar6jx said:
71-16 with your boy Aldon playing.

So, who cares.

/thread

37-0 With every player you have ever had, and still no rings. Numbers don't mean shit. And what's even more sad than your season record, is the fact that wins against the 49ers seems to mean more to you than getting a championship.

But your right, "who cares".

71-16 feels a tad more relevant right now. Every Seahawks fan hopes and prays that ten years from now that 49ers fans will still be clinging to "5 rings" while their team is earning 12 win wild card spots every year.

Everyone is entitled to have their fantasies.
71-16 wasn't a fantasy, it was a RECENT reality!! :th2thumbs:

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
"71-16 wasn't a fantasy, it was a RECENT reality!!"

And again, so is 37-0 and still no rings. The only numbers that really count are who has the largest number at the end of the Super Bowl. We could sit here all day and trade numbers, your team beat this team by such and such, my team beat that team at home, blah blah blah. The only thing that counts is did you have enough wins to get to a playoff, and enough to get to the Super Bowl.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":pmcenqvw said:

And again, so is 37-0 and still no rings. The only numbers that really count are who has the largest number at the end of the Super Bowl. We could sit here all day and trade numbers, your team beat this team by such and such, my team beat that team at home, blah blah blah. The only thing that counts is did you have enough wins to get to a playoff, and enough to get to the Super Bowl.

You couldn't be more wrong. Right now the only thing that matters is who is leading and who has the advantage over the other. Since we already beat you we have the advantage. The worst we could do now is split and the best you can do is also to split. So while the game last year doesn't affect the standings now it does still show a trend of dominance. Your history with an entirely different team, coaching staff, management and ownership all in a completely different era of football is absolutely meaningless in determining anything related to the current teams.

I respect the 9ers of the 80's and 90's but that doesn't translate to respect to the current team or fan base and especially the fan base. So regarding fantasy you need to pull your head out and stop fantasizing that your history is anything other than meaningless when applied to today's football.
When the Seahawks are 75 years old like the Niners you don't know how many we have but right now we are half your age and playing in a salary cap era.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RichNhansom":30flwn65 said:
lvnginhwktwn":30flwn65 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Right now the only thing that matters is who is leading and who has the advantage over the other. Since we already beat you we have the advantage. The worst we could do now is split and the best you can do is also to split. So while the game last year doesn't affect the standings now it does still show a trend of dominance. Your history with an entirely different team, coaching staff, management and ownership all in a completely different era of football is absolutely meaningless in determining anything related to the current teams.

I respect the 9ers of the 80's and 90's but that doesn't translate to respect to the current team or fan base and especially the fan base. So regarding fantasy you need to pull your head out and stop fantasizing that your history is anything other than meaningless when applied to today's football.
When the Seahawks are 75 years old like the Niners you don't know how many we have but right now we are half your age and playing in a salary cap era.

He already knows this. At this point it's just a Niner fan poking and prodding, seeing how much he can get away with. He's been overtly insulting and petty at best. Seems like the mods are simply trying to make a point - we sort of asked for it w/ all of the niner threads - and this is what we get.

At least rlkats talks about football. This guy's all about slinging mud.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Not trying to "sling mud" but when someone puts up a comment like "71-16" I am going to do the same. Last two season you guys are 3-1 against us and we took the NFC West both years, the fact that you "dominated" at the Clink means 0! You dominated at the Clink last year too. Again what was the result?

You act like we might as well not play the game on 12-8 cause in your eyes you have already won the game. But that's just not realistic, you still have to play the game, and judging the way you have been playing on the road it is less than a sure thing.

Why is it when you almost lose to a team like the Rams the numbers mean nothing, "a win is a win" hear it on here all the time. But when you beat the 49ers is like you just won the Super Bowl or something. You go ahead and keep putting shit like "71-16" because up to this point in your teams history that is all you have.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RichNhansom":cngofk3r said:
lvnginhwktwn":cngofk3r said:

I will be interesting to see how your team deals with the "salary cap era" next year, aren't most of your top under paid players like Wilson, Sherman, etc. coming up for contract renewals?

Largent80

Reaction score
SF hardly dominated the Hawks in SF, and that Hawk team still had the wraps on it's rookie QB, and a rookie at MIKE and DE.

The new version is not resembling that version except for maybe the injured O-Line. However, the game this year is more than a month away and we will be getting some dudes back. The games in Seattle speak for themselves.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":18engn7o said:
Not trying to "sling mud" but when someone puts up a comment like "71-16" I am going to do the same. Last two season you guys are 3-1 against us and we took the NFC West both years, the fact that you "dominated" at the Clink means 0! You dominated at the Clink last year too. Again what was the result?

You act like we might as well not play the game on 12-8 cause in your eyes you have already won the game. But that's just not realistic, you still have to play the game, and judging the way you have been playing on the road it is less than a sure thing.

Why is it when you almost lose to a team like the Rams the numbers mean nothing, "a win is a win" hear it on here all the time. But when you beat the 49ers is like you just won the Super Bowl or something. You go ahead and keep putting shit like "71-16" because up to this point in your teams history that is all you have.

Not trying to sling mud and then you turn around and sling more mud. What is wrong with you? Why do you need to make stuff up? That;s just pure immaturity.

I haven't seen anyone treating the Rams game like it is meaningless but it certainly isn't as bad as 9er fans want to paint it. The webzone has 60+ pages on that game and pretty much all believe that game is proof Seattle is just lucky and the Rams have laid the blue print for how to beat Seattle but in those 60+ pages not a single poster even mentions that you were a half a second away from being swept by them last year and yet you still made it to lose in the super bowl.

Who is acting like we may as well not play the game? This place is no worse than your webzone on that subject. Many there after this game are now positive they will destroy Seattle on Dec 8th. The fact is since Kaepernick took over your team has been demoralized two times by us and in both of those games Kaepernick looked like hot garbage. You know as well as we all do that there is a very distinct possibility we are in his head and that doesn't bode well for 9er fans or your team if it is in fact true and yes I believe it is.

As for the super bowl comment, get real. Please show me anything from any fan that thinks that way. Your just feeling abused because we are gloating over a couple curb stomping's but if your team had won even one of those games you guys would be 10 times worse. Go look at the webzone thread about the Rams game. We didn't even lose and you guys put up 60 pages of how over rated we are and what pretenders we are and all while completely ignoring you couldn't even beat them once last year including at your house were the ref's had to bail you out on a clock violation that would normally never get called that fast and you had 75 minutes on your own turf and still only got a tie thanks to the official with the quick hanky. Or go watch the post game show after you beat the Rams when your team is actually chanting Seahawks suck on national TV after beating a different team. You think we are bad, get real your fans are way worse and if you ever do beat us again the trolls will be out in force celebrating it like it is your super bowl. Unfortunately we don't have any evidence of that though because since this has become a rivalry you guys have only managed to look like the worse team so your fans have had nothing to gloat about.

You can stop with the straw man arguments and trying to imagine the games between our teams are bigger and more meaningful to us. If that were even close to being true you wouldn't be here slinging mud. We know you have 5 rings and your mom use to be pretty but that stuff is meaningless to today so quit tarnishing the rings that you probably weren't even old enough to enjoy in the first place.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Largent80":295ed68j said:
SF hardly dominated the Hawks in SF, and that Hawk team still had the wraps on it's rookie QB, and a rookie at MIKE and DE.

The new version is not resembling that version except for maybe the injured O-Line. However, the game this year is more than a month away and we will be getting some dudes back. The games in Seattle speak for themselves.

Look don't get me wrong I am in no way saying the Hawks are not a formidable team, I am saying some of your Hawk bretheren need to make up there minds whether the numbers mean something or not. When you beat teams like the Panthers and Rams by small margins you say a win is a win, and the margin doesn't matter. But then those same people will turn around and say shit like 71-16 like it means everything. Make up your minds either it's a win or loss or the numbers do in fact mean something.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2a5v3j68 said:
lvnginhwktwn":2a5v3j68 said:

Not trying to sling mud and then you turn around and sling more mud. What is wrong with you? Why do you need to make stuff up? That;s just pure immaturity.

I haven't seen anyone treating the Rams game like it is meaningless but it certainly isn't as bad as 9er fans want to paint it. The webzone has 60+ pages on that game and pretty much all believe that game is proof Seattle is just lucky and the Rams have laid the blue print for how to beat Seattle but in those 60+ pages not a single poster even mentions that you were a half a second away from being swept by them last year and yet you still made it to lose in the super bowl.

Who is acting like we may as well not play the game? This place is no worse than your webzone on that subject. Many there after this game are now positive they will destroy Seattle on Dec 8th. The fact is since Kaepernick took over your team has been demoralized two times by us and in both of those games Kaepernick looked like hot garbage. You know as well as we all do that there is a very distinct possibility we are in his head and that doesn't bode well for 9er fans or your team if it is in fact true and yes I believe it is.

As for the super bowl comment, get real. Please show me anything from any fan that thinks that way. Your just feeling abused because we are gloating over a couple curb stomping's but if your team had won even one of those games you guys would be 10 times worse. Go look at the webzone thread about the Rams game. We didn't even lose and you guys put up 60 pages of how over rated we are and what pretenders we are and all while completely ignoring you couldn't even beat them once last year including at your house were the ref's had to bail you out on a clock violation that would normally never get called that fast and you had 75 minutes on your own turf and still only got a tie thanks to the official with the quick hanky. Or go watch the post game show after you beat the Rams when your team is actually chanting Seahawks suck on national TV after beating a different team. You think we are bad, get real your fans are way worse and if you ever do beat us again the trolls will be out in force celebrating it like it is your super bowl. Unfortunately we don't have any evidence of that though because since this has become a rivalry you guys have only managed to look like the worse team so your fans have had nothing to gloat about.

You can stop with the straw man arguments and trying to imagine the games between our teams are bigger and more meaningful to us. If that were even close to being true you wouldn't be here slinging mud. We know you have 5 rings and your mom use to be pretty but that stuff is meaningless to today so quit tarnishing the rings that you probably weren't even old enough to enjoy in the first place.

I guess we will have to see how the rest of the season plays out. See you on Dec. 8th

I am was in high school when I became a 9ers fan and Plunkett was the QB. You know what they say about assuming.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":27j7xdpj said:
RichNhansom":27j7xdpj said:
lvnginhwktwn":27j7xdpj said:

I will be interesting to see how your team deals with the "salary cap era" next year, aren't most of your top under paid players like Wilson, Sherman, etc. coming up for contract renewals?

Have you even looked at your own salary cap situation? Nearly your entire secondary is entering FA as well as Boldin and Manningham. Do you think Brown will want to resign with you after your managment took 2 million dollars from him? And the following year you have Kaepernick and Crabtree among others. You seem to think you are in a better position than we are for the future but the reality is both franchises will have challenges moving forward and the team that drafts better and develops talent better will have the advantage. Based on where this team was just three and a half years ago when Pete came to town and where we are now, I think it is pretty safe to say Pete and John are elite at bringing in talent and developing it. I like our chances.

Truth is the Niners were better in 2011 than 2012 and it is looking like they are again better last year than this year. What does that say about your coach and GM? To me it says they took a team loaded with talent and are having trouble maintaining it. Lets see what happens if Crabtree hit's FA or Cowboy or Gore stop producing. Those types of players are hard to replace and they are the heart and sole of your team right now.

I'd be more worried about your own team if I were you.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
"When the Seahawks are 75 years old like the Niners you don't know how many we have but right now we are half your age and playing in a salary cap era."

I believe you wrote this? I only mentioned it because you seem to think you have an advantage now that we are in a salary cap era. You sure assume a lot, never said I wasn't concerned about our own cap situation. Truth be told we are both running out of time to make actually runs at the Super Bowl, we may have already missed our last chance last year, and you may soon lose your best chance in years to get one.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I'm not assuming anything and my point about the cap era is that it's more difficult now than ever to maintain a dominant team. It is in reference to the 5 rings. You didn't start winning super bowls until your team was about the same age ours is now and in that era there was no cap so you could pay whatever you could afford and being a popular team you could afford alot more than we could with the Nordstroms and Bearing (who only bought the team to try and move it to California) were capable of. Thank your lucky stars we are in a cap era because Paul Allen could put a ton of talent on the field and there would be no way other teams could keep up if he didn't want them to.

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1n9y82mt said:
lvnginhwktwn":1n9y82mt said:

Better in 2011 than 2012?

More consistent, esp. on defense for sure.

But other than that, the peak team from last year is better simply because of CK vs. AS. I love AS but CK is the better long term solution.

I see ribbing on here non stop on CK, saying AS is better, but I highly doubt anyone on here was talking up AS big time in 2011 even after he managed to be the last QB to win in Seattle (and he himself did make the plays to win it).

2012 saw the 49ers start off with impressive wins, but they never put together a 3 game win streak all season, let alone 5.

Also, the emergence of Michael Crabtree as a premier WR came last season even before Kaepernick took over. Before that, Crabtree was still not quite there.

It's too soon to tell what is up, but 2013 team could be better than 2012.

I think in a weird way, the very real threat of (and media glamorization) Seattle is working to the Niners favor.

NINEster

Reaction score
RichNhansom":hk43akm2 said:
I'm not assuming anything and my point about the cap era is that it's more difficult now than ever to maintain a dominant team. It is in reference to the 5 rings. You didn't start winning super bowls until your team was about the same age ours is now and in that era there was no cap so you could pay whatever you could afford and being a popular team you could afford alot more than we could with the Nordstroms and Bearing (who only bought the team to try and move it to California) were capable of. Thank your lucky stars we are in a cap era because Paul Allen could put a ton of talent on the field and there would be no way other teams could keep up if he didn't want them to.

It's not like the cap came out two years ago. It's almost twenty years now.

Football would be so different now. Allen probably wouldn't even own the team, and even if he did I doubt he was the richest owner of the NFL back then anyways.

The reality of the cap was to take down the 49ers and other dynasties....and they succeeded. The NFL caught a break when the Vikings were stupid enough to send a ton of draft picks to Dallas which ultimately turned out to be a juggernaut that kept the 49ers out of two more super bowls.

What's interesting is that in some ways what Montana and co had to deal with was harder than what is there now. If you want to talk elite QBs, there was nobody else in the NFC who was close to Montana back then.

Based on today's game, the 49ers would have been better off. Instead teams with decent (Phil Simms, Joe Theisman) or garbage (Jim McMahon) QBs had their shots and got their trophies. The AFC as a whole had better QBs, but won very little in that decade.