Any recent news on WR Chris Matthews?

danp1990

Reaction score
Has anyone that has gone to practice seen him? i have yet to find anyhing recent on this guy. with all the injuries happening i want to know how Chris is comming along.We seriously need a red zone threat!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
He's not going to make this team.. We have Miller, Willson, Kearse, Harvin, ADB, Norwood and if anyone gets the big WR designation its going to be Bates

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Looks good on the hoof but it's nimble and can't get separation. Making matters worse, he offers zero on special teams, so he'd have to be absolutely stellar as a WR to even make the team, which he isn't.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
6-5, 255 Zach Miller
6-5, 260 Luke Willson
And likely
6-3, 240 Cooper Heflet (who is essentially a shorter, smaller less athletic version of Luke Willson)

Are probably your Red Zone WRs.

Both Willson and Helfet have the ability to split out wide as a Slot WR or even come out of the backfield as an H-back. So their versatility can be used in a variety of ways to set up mismatches.

General Manager

Reaction score
We'll see what he's got on Thursday . I'm not ruling out anyone until I see them play.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
danp1990":3v5tz2hs said:
Bates probably wont play come Thursday he left the field with an undisclosed injury i believe.
He left because he felt sick... is what I read/heard Pete say.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
Listen guys i know its pre-season and im ok with the 4 main WR's we had during the superbowl with Harvin,Baldwin,Kearse,Lockette. But aside from them who are our back-ups? Norwood?...possibly out for a good strech of the season. P-Rich?... hasn't paracticed contact drills just red shirts drills. Bates?... ill give him that he's been great during camp but i don't think we'll see him Thursday at Denver.So Basically from Quarters 2-4th in the 1st Game we'll so a ton! of Walters,Mathews,and who else guys??? I mean who are T-Jax and BJ Daniel throwing to? Do you think we'll see a lot of two tight end sets to mask the matter of being short handed in the WR department?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":33pbmfyz said:
brimsalabim":33pbmfyz said:
It looks as if Mathews will make it by default.

Nope, Bates gets a spot before Matthews.
He was joking, in reference to all of the various WR injuries and ailments that have cropped up.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
that answers my question ..Lol where's mathews??? there he is! :D

Attachments

• tempRM4_9438-2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    tempRM4_9438-2--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,398

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
General Manager":ev0u9kt5 said:
We'll see what he's got on Thursday . I'm not ruling out anyone until I see them play.

Can you say hypocritical statement?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2sybrrqp said:
6-5, 255 Zach Miller
6-5, 260 Luke Willson
And likely
6-3, 240 Cooper Heflet (who is essentially a shorter, smaller less athletic version of Luke Willson)

Are probably your Red Zone WRs.

Both Willson and Helfet have the ability to split out wide as a Slot WR or even come out of the backfield as an H-back. So their versatility can be used in a variety of ways to set up mismatches.
RaShaun Allen is still on the team, correct? http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/RaS ... b36e9d2306 He got game. Hopefully he will get enough opportunity to show it. If Coop outplays him... he deserves it then. I would be fine with Coop making the team. I liked him at Duke and have been sort of pulling for the guy to get his shot. But, I think BOTH these players (not just Coop) now have an opportunity after the unfortunate injury to McCoy. It will be interesting to see if either really emerges in pre-season play.

General Manager

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3qh7nfoz said:
General Manager":3qh7nfoz said:

Something you want to say Pandion.

General Manager

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1hpu4920 said:
It looks as if Mathews will make it by default.

Injury's could very well open up a roster spot for someone like Matthews.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
General Manager":r26xpdt8 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":r26xpdt8 said:
General Manager":r26xpdt8 said:

Yeah, I guess I do.

You're more optimistic about a rookie (practically a rookie) not even proving himself in practice yet then you are a veteran Linemen who has experience in the ZBS and played well enough to be in the Pro Bowl less than 2 years ago.

Again, don't rule out any one until you see them play, right?

General Manager

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3khji1bx said:
General Manager":3khji1bx said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3khji1bx said:
General Manager":3khji1bx said:

Yeah, I guess I do.

You're more optimistic about a rookie (practically a rookie) not even proving himself in practice yet then you are a veteran Linemen who has experience in the ZBS and played well enough to be in the Pro Bowl less than 2 years ago.

Again, don't rule out any one until you see them play, right?

I didn't rule him out I said if he starts we have problems on the O-line not the same thing is it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1v1flfuy said:
General Manager":1v1flfuy said:

:lol:

He's also already expressing great concern over DeSean Jackson's clone.. er... Paul Richardson*

Can't wait for actual football to start, you know, until people overreact over an exhibition game.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1367qiwd said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1367qiwd said:
General Manager":1367qiwd said:

:lol:

He's also already expressing great concern over DeSean Jackson's clone.. er... Paul Richardson*

Can't wait for actual football to start, you know, until people overreact over an exhibition game.

"Wide receiver Chris Matthews hadn’t done much in camp until Tuesday when he had the catch of the day, a leaping grab over cornerback Byron Maxwell on a deep sideline throw from Wilson."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ort-day-10

Latest posts