Anthony Richardson aced the s2 cognition exam

DJrmb

Reaction score
So if they trade down to #6, whichever QB they like will have a 25% less chance of becoming a bust?

View attachment 58793
If you don't understand how data and analytics work and how they are used to help make the most informed decision that's on you dude. Instead of making obtuse straw man comments to try and discredit the data, why don't you actually try to understand and interpret it? The data is a fact. It happened. So the question is why are the numbers what they are?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone trust s2? Like, I get it, Brock Purdy had a solid 9 games and 2 in the playoffs, didn't break 300 yards passing in a game until vs the Hawks in the playoffs. He might be good, but there's no predictive test for game success.

massari

Reaction score
If you don't understand how data and analytics work and how they are used to help make the most informed decision that's on you dude. Instead of making obtuse straw man comments to try and discredit the data, why don't you actually try to understand and interpret it? The data is a fact. It happened.
So the question is why are the numbers what they are?
I'm guessing because the 49ers chose Soloman Thomas over Patrick Mahomes, Bears chose Trubisky over Watson, Jets chose Darnold over Josh Allen, the Lions chose Okudah instead of Herbert.....

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hurts was second in Heisman voting threw for almost 4,000 yards at 69% his senior year. He was underrated coming out of college. Richardson is about to be a top 10 pick and he hasn't shown anything besides exceptional physique.
The stats are there, but it's the growth potential for me.

Richardson's profile is an outlier, but his athleticism is an outlier too. Digging into the tape, I (and an non-insignificant amount of others) think that he's got what it takes to grow into a player who tilts a field hard. Seattle would be an especially good landing place. Let him grow for a bit under Geno, then throw him into a simplified offense that builds slowly while giving him the opportunity to gash teams on the ground. It's not that wild of a vision.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Wonderlic test spares nobody, whether you are a Harvard graduate or a community college scholar. Unfortunately for guess who it didn't help him that he only scored a 15 on the test which heavily devalued his draft stock. Thankfully for him and the team he played for, guess who was smarter than the sack of rocks the Wonderlic test pegged him as. As a result, stats here it does go to show that not all success can be based off the standardized test.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The s2 creators found that of 27 starting Qbs, the top 13 had test scores averaging 91 with passer ratings over 90.

The other 14 had test scores averaging in the 60s.

WarHawks

Reaction score
So did he ace it or didn't he? Today they're saying he only scored in the 70's, but last week they were saying it was one of the highest scores ever. So which is it? Something very fishy going on here...

toffee

Reaction score
So did he ace it or didn't he? Today they're saying he only scored in the 70's, but last week they were saying it was one of the highest scores ever. So which is it? Something very fishy going on here...
I am under the impression that the company conducted S2 tests didn't offically pobulished reports for the public. Therefore I am taking the scores with some reservation. However, teams ought to have access to the test results.

rjdriver

Reaction score
This data would suggest (based on averages, risk analysis) if you don't get the #1 QB it's better to wait until the middle of the 1st round rather than panic and grab another guy top 5....

View attachment 58789

Dude...

This graph kind of took the excitement out of my sails. I was pumped for AR.

It's like courting the most beautiful girl you've ever seen, perfect in everyway, she whispers you and her would be a great fit. You are borderline in love. Then, slowly, as your lips move in to kiss her bright, swollen lips at the edge of the bed, she again whispers into your ear......."75% chance I have the herp. take me now and disregard the active blisters"

Totally ruining my day at 75% bust..., I had just resigned to being cool with AR.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The more I read about AR the more he sounds like Trey Lance before the 2021 draft, except accuracy was regard as a strength for Lance.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Richardson aced it the developers of the test make it so 50 is average. The S2 is a what doesn’t belong and picking shapes and how quickly the testee can perform

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sigh.

I remain convinced that this is the year we prioritize qbotf, just as pc and js hinted we would in January. We would have to suck Broncos style to get picks like this In the future.

BASF

Reaction score
Company: These are numbers you all haven't even heard of, but we used them as predictive tests for NFL QBs. These are the guys who have succeeded when they scored high.

Us: Hey, wow look at those predictive tests and how it lines up with good QBs.

Us: I wonder who has tested really well and still failed?

Company: .....

Us: I wonder who has tested poorly and still succeeded?

Us: I wonder if the company is manipulating us to make themselves more relevant and make some of that sweet draft predicting money from us suckers.

Company: The numbers that are being leaked are not even close to the real numbers.

Us: How are we supposed to take any of this at face value then?

Ah, the silly season. Love it.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I would agree especially if you are comparing production and the amount of time played in college
That is the obvious comparison there is also things like.
  • Elite Size Strength and athletic ability
  • Arm strength and ability to throw downfield and into tight windows.
  • Duel threat
  • Similar to Josh Allan
  • Good but not exceptional S2 score

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The more I read about AR the more he sounds like Trey Lance before the 2021 draft, except accuracy was regard as a strength for Lance.
An excellent comparision. I see that too and a reason for the Seahawks not to take the risk.

Latest posts