Anthony Richardson aced the s2 cognition exam

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
That's who I hope the choice at 5 is. I'd rather gamble on a player with his intangibles than hoping a guy like Carter is going to suddenly change his mindset after getting $30m.

bileever

Reaction score
Malik Willis 2.0. Willis had the highest scores of all the QBs last year on the Wonderlic. Same kind of hype. There were many people who mocked him to the Hawks in the first round.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
At 20, sure. At 5? God no

Why? Geno is the answer for two years at best, and no I don’t think Lock will be a Geno given that Geno is a historical anomaly himself.

This gives us the path to contending realistically in the future, far more than if we just do the consensus and get Carter at 5.

Carter has been reinforced that whatever shit he do don’t matter as long as he shows up based on when he wants to show up. He will have to learn that isn’t correct organically here, and it will take a year at least to adjust to the fact that whatever crisis you got going on, showing up is nonoptional, and so is letting it affect your play. At 5 You want your guy to be some Armistead or Bosa or Donald who are immediately or Near immediately plug and play…unless it’s a qb.

Last edited:

JerHawk81

Reaction score
Malik Willis 2.0. Willis had the highest scores of all the QBs last year on the Wonderlic. Same kind of hype. There were many people who mocked him to the Hawks in the first round.

I'm not a huge Richardson fan, but comparing him to Willis feels pretty unfair. Willis was a modest upside QB who could develop into a starter in a weak QB class. Richardson has MVP characteristics without even squinting.

Whether either develops into their potential is anyone's guess. But Richardson is the vastly superior prospect in my book.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why? Geno is the answer for two years at best, and no I don’t think Lock will be a Geno given that Geno is a historical anomaly himself.

This gives us the path to contending realistically in the future, far more than if we just do the consensus and get Carter at 5.

Carter has been reinforced that whatever shit he do don’t matter as long as he shows up based on when he wants to show up. He will have to learn that organically here, and it will take a year at least to adjust to the fact that whatever crisis you got going on, showing up is nonoptional, and so is letting it affect your play. At 5 You want your guy to be some Armistead or Bosa or Donald who are immediately or Near immediately plug and play…unless it’s a qb.
Because it's my opinion, that's why :)
D Line is a MUCH higher priority.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
All 4 QBs are heavy bust risks for one reason or another
A test score that hasn't been proven on the playing turf does not impress me.

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, all I can say is if John loves him (I mean really loves him and thinks he can be JA caliber or better), then he needs to trade up with Houston. That simple. Why take a chance on just missing out on him if you truly feel that way?

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would take Carter (BPA) or Witherspoon. Assuming Anderson is gone.

My prospect rankings:

1. Bryce Young
2. Jalen Carter
3. Bijan Robinson
4. CJ Stroud
5. Will Anderson
6. Devon Witherspoon
7. Christian Gonzalez
8. Tyree Wilson
9. Anthony Richardson
I think that's a good list and good ranking.

James in PA

Reaction score
Let's say on draft day, at #5, Both Carter and Richardson are available, would you take Richardson?
That would be a great "problem" to have. Assuming Young and Stroud are gone, this is how I would approach #5:

1) AR15
2) Carter
3) Anderson
if all gone:
4) Trade back (but not too far) for an extra pick + JSN, Spoon, Bijan.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
He’s either going to be a bust or megastar.

It’s a chance I’d like us to take.

If not, we’re still coming out looking real good after this year’s draft.

James in PA

Reaction score
He’s either going to be a bust or megastar.

It’s a chance I’d like us to take.

If not, we’re still coming out looking real good after this year’s draft.
Next year there are supposed to be more blue chip quarterbacks. Of course we hear that every year. But even if that's true, it's gonna be hard for the Hawks to land one at pick 32.