Anthony Bradford looking good(video)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This video just cements what I loved about his game when his name starting coming up late in the draft process and after he was drafted, that his combo blocking, physicality, and tenacity to punish defenders were elite level traits.

toffee

Reaction score
He wasn't impressive and didn't flashed during pre-season games, but I like what he's doing now. Our OL, with a rookie RG, a pair of backup tackles, has not been an embarrassment. One might even say that they were getting it done.

Mick063

Reaction score
He has the girth and size to anchor. Just love his physically imposing size and long armed reach. What surprises me is his hand punch. I didn't think he was this adept with his hands in pass protection. I knew he would be a mauler in the run game, just one look at the guy and you knew that, but to force the defensive linemen to immediately counter a hand punch to the chest is a great technique to slow down a pass rush. Further, you feel confident that no one is going to effectively bull rush Bradford, just too big to be overpowered, so he immediately narrows down the technical options for the guy he is lined up against. I think he could easily slide to tackle in an emergency. Where Olu is known for being a technician, Bradford is associated with sheer size and long arms. That is why I think his ceiling is actually higher. Solid outing for the young guy.

Last edited:

LTH

Reaction score
I just rewatched the game vs the Panthers and I was going to make a post about him but got beat to it...

I really paid attention to how Bradford was playing and I saw him to be dominate. I really liked how he played Both in pass protection and in the run game.

The one play that stood out to me was the unnecessary roughness penalty on Carolina when it looked like the Carolina corner threw walker to the ground.... NOPE... If you pay attention it's clear that Bradford slammed that corner into walker... I had to watch it twice! From the front where Pete was seeing it it definitely looked like the corner slammed walker but from the back side it's plain as day that Bradford slammed that corner like a rag doll...

I would say that there is a good possibility that Haynes just lost his job or will be losing it soon. Bradford is a beast... beast of a man who throws big men around like garbage...just a matter of time till he starts.

LTH

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I just rewatched the game vs the Panthers and I was going to make a post about him but got beat to it...

I really paid attention to how Bradford was playing and I saw him to be dominate. I really liked how he played Both in pass protection and in the run game.

The one play that stood out to me was the unnecessary roughness penalty on Carolina when it looked like the Carolina corner threw walker to the ground.... NOPE... If you pay attention it's clear that Bradford slammed that corner into walker... I had to watch it twice! From the front where Pete was seeing it it definitely looked like the corner slammed walker but from the back side it's plain as day that Bradford slammed that corner like a rag doll...

I would say that there is a good possibility that Haynes just lost his job or will be losing it soon. Bradford is a beast... beast of a man who throws big men around like garbage...just a matter of time till he starts.

LTH
I was really impressed. Amazing how his head turned, looking for that block.

Reactions: LTH

Seattle Person

Reaction score
He has the girth and size to anchor. Just love his physically imposing size and long armed reach. What surprises me is his hand punch. I didn't think he was this adept with his hands in pass protection. I knew he would be a mauler in the run game, just one look at the guy and you knew that, but to force the defensive linemen to immediately counter a hand punch to the chest is a great technique to slow down a pass rush. Further, you feel confident that no one is going to effectively bull rush Bradford, just too big to be overpowered, so he immediately narrows down the technical options for the guy he is lined up against. I think he could easily slide to tackle in an emergency. Where Olu is known for being a technician, Bradford is associated with sheer size and long arms. That is why I think his ceiling is actually higher. Solid outing for the young guy.

I still like Haynes. But he has never stayed healthy the whole season. I think Bradford still needs to develop his feel for the run game. He surprised with pass-blocking but his run-blocking wasn't as rosy. He has the size, movement skills, and power to run- block better. It's about angles and strategy. He was doing some of it in the Panthers game but he'll get better. Exciting stuff from him.

LTH

Reaction score
I still like Haynes. But he has never stayed healthy the whole season. I think Bradford still needs to develop his feel for the run game. He surprised with pass-blocking but his run-blocking wasn't as rosy. He has the size, movement skills, and power to run- block better. It's about angles and strategy. He was doing some of it in the Panthers game but he'll get better. Exciting stuff from him.
I am amazed by his power. He just throws people like rag dolls. I saw it several times in this last game. I'm really excited about Bradford. He is just a frigging stud!
LTH