Andrew Luck out...Colts vs Texans

Ambrose83

Reaction score
And that tells you all you need to know about the "talent" around Andrew Luck. Not good enough to beat the Jaguars in regulation.[/quote]

And they were barely good enough to beat the Titans with Andrew Luck, because the defense kept the game within reach despite Luck's best effort to throw it away. This week, the Offense played relatively mistake free and didn't put the defense in a poor position all game, but didn't put up a lot of points.[/quote]

Titans are probably better than the Jags, and the Colts were on the road...not really an apples to apples comparison there.[/quote]

I don't know. A 40 year old QB who hasn't played a meaningful snap in 3 years and has zero chemistry with the team just took that no talent team to a win.

Excuse it away all you want but the reality is pretty obvious to anyone not blinded by media hype and Luck love.

If anything this shows how poor his division is and how inflated Luck's stats and wins really are.[/quote]

I'm not excusing anything away...and I didn't start the thread. And I'm DEFINITELY not blinded by the Luck media hype....I was at the game when the Rams demolished the Colts two years ago.

I still think he's a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. He's playing poorly, but he's better than Carson Palmer, who is playing lights out. He also played two of the top 5 defenses in the NFL in the Bills and Jets....then led the offense to 28 points against the Titans and a come from behind win, despite his mistakes and the Colts defense which is not very good.

Just calling it like I'm seeing it...games started by Luck, two out of three on the road and two against very good defenses. He's struggled, but that doesn't mean he's not a great player.[/quote]

" struggling" and having the worst passer rating in the NFL and 7 ints to 5 tds is a completely diff thing.. and that bills d? the one that got ran over by the pats and the one that looked average at best at home against the giants? they are not in the same class as the hawks.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck in for tonight again...maybe just a better option than Luck even at 56 yrs old...at least he doesn't turn it over...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Luck is never getting his job back. Hasselbeck4MVP

:stirthepot:

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I'm gonna really enjoy this game. I've believed the Colts were a soft, overrated, team in a horrid division for years. However, the division is starting to catch up and the Colts are as soft as ever. Gonna be fun.

Won't be long before Wilson is clearly regarded as the best QB of his class, if not already. I've watched him in STL twice now, I've come away very impressed both times. His pocket awareness combined with his mobility and intelligence is by far his biggest asset.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I still have a little warm spot in my heart for Matt H.

I hope he has a good game.
If I had to pick a 2nd favorite team it would be the Texans so I'm kinda torn on this game. I couldn't care any less about the Colts but I don't want to see MH go out on a manure wagon either.

pmedic920

Reaction score

Maulbert

Reaction score
pmedic920":otl91fux said:
Maulbert":otl91fux said:
Matt was in the hospital only 2 days ago. This doesn't bode well for Luck. I hope Hass is feeling better.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/andrew-lucks-injury-bad-colts-173814626.html

I can't provide any real proof but I seem to recall MH having a couple of his better games while the reports said he wasn't 100%

I seem to remember the same, but you're talking about in his prime 27-32 year old Hasselbeck, not 40 year old backup for the last 3 seasons Hasselbeck. As I understand it, Hass barely made the roster cut. I don't expect him to go out and throw 4 TDs like he did in the Beastquake game.

pmedic920

Reaction score
^^^
I get it.
I'm not expecting Matt to go out tonight and take the job from Luck.
I just have enough respect and love for him that I hope he has a good outing.
As far as barely making the cut goes, he did make it. My guess would be that he made it based on his experience and the fact that he's not likely to be the reason you lose a game.
IMO that's the biggest reason to have a guy at the #2 spot.

Msfann

Reaction score
I don't care about either team.

Go Hass!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hass looking good so far!

It's like an alternate reality seeing him hand off to Gore and throw to Andre Johnson. Imagine that 3-headed monster 8 years ago...

MrThortan

Reaction score
Matt looks good, especially since he was ill this week. Matt>Luck :lol:

OrFan

Reaction score
Matt is looking good.

Just brings back the saying, "they sucked for Luck, and then Luck sucked."

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice little hail mary there to Strong. I remember a lot of hawk fans wanted us to take Strong over Lockette on draft day.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wow...referees really sticking it to the Texans. Andrew Luck Love is out of control.

Personal foul face mask when he didn't even touch it. I think they have their hands on their flags looking for something to call.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I really wish they would bring back the "uncatchable ball" exemption to PI.

Latest posts