Amadi/Alton look like all pros, everyone else needs fired

Tokadub

Reaction score
Spohawks":3fp0k9rq said:
44 yards in a half has to be a record.

Sounds like Darrell Bevell's career in Seattle, I'm not sure if that's even a record for Bevell...

Still very confused why they replaced Schottenheimer after one season when he was so much better than Bevell.

I really feel like the Seahawks just shot themselves in the foot getting this guy who never called an NFL game.

I hope I'm wrong but my gut instinct is this might be the worst season with Russell Wilson. I just don't think Schottenheimer was the problem... if they had to get rid of him just to make the offense feel like it wasn't their fault... that's a VERY bad sign.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":jfpp7q3g said:
Spohawks":jfpp7q3g said:
44 yards in a half has to be a record.

Sounds like Darrell Bevell's career in Seattle, I'm not sure if that's even a record for Bevell...

Still very confused why they replaced Schottenheimer after one season when he was so much better than Bevell.

I really feel like the Seahawks just shot themselves in the foot getting this guy who never called an NFL game.

I hope I'm wrong but my gut instinct is this might be the worst season with Russell Wilson. I just don't think Schottenheimer was the problem... if they had to get rid of him just to make the offense feel like it wasn't their fault... that's a VERY bad sign.

Wait, what?
Schotty was our Offensive coordinator for three seasons.
The offense got progressively worse last season and got embarrassed in the playoffs.
It's way too early to judge Waldron man. One game with all backups.

The offense is going to be a clunky out the gate this season, it's an entirely new scheme for Wilson and everyone. I respectfully disagree with every point you made

Jerhawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2f83h6p4 said:
A whole team looking ill prepared. I wonder who could be responsible.

Prepared? For what?
There's no gameplanning in these games man.

Their backups were better than our back ups yesterday. That's honestly the only justifiable take away we can get from that game.

A few years ago the Raiders beat us convincingly in the pre season, then we destroyed them in London. This is nothing new.
Gruden gets his guys fired up for games like this.
Yes, of course Pete wants to win every game, but this narrative that Pete is a bad coach or whatever, that stuff is getting old.
His record here speaks for itself.
This knee jerk reaction stuff...i don't get it

If we played them again, starters vs starters, I'm confident the outcome would be much different

AgentDib

Reaction score
Careful about making sweeping conclusions without having the underlying context. The Hawks do not open this game with 10 straight passes if their primary objective is to win. They were clearly working on the quick passing game and you should not expect the same lack of balance in a real game. When they did run the ball later on in the game the result was their only TD of the day.

One useful thing to take away from this practice was a look at our current depth chart. These are the players they wanted to see against the Raiders fringe 1st/2nd team.

Special teams
2-Witherspoon, 31-Dallas, 43-Donkor 46-Sutton 55-BBK 98-Robinson
42-Sunderland, 22-Brown, 26-Neal(rotation)
38-Heslop, 35-Desir, 56-Brooks(rotation), 44-Bellore(rotation)

Defense
52-Taylor, 91-Collier, 90-Mone, 67-Adams, 94-Green, 98-Robinson(rotation)
56-Brooks, 55-BBK
26-Neal, 37-Moon(rotation)
2-Witherspoon, 21-Flowers, 28-Amadi(nickel)

Offense
78-Forsythe, 65-Simmons, 60-Fuller, 60-Haynes, 74-Curhan
17-Fuller, 18-Swain, 46-Sutton, 49-Wood-Anderson
41-Collins, 7-Geno

LTH

Reaction score
Here we go....My goodness... This is a process. Its the first preseason game it absolutely does not define the season... they are just figuring out where all the pieces fit... period. It doesn't mean anything. I can see this is going to be a long season around here.

Look, new O coordinator , new O.. they might get off to a slow start, expect that. A slow start doesn't mean anything. they might lose a few games till they hit their stride happens every year in one part of the game or another then they make adjustments and it smooths out... be patient and dont jump to conclusions...let the process work understand that their is a lot of depth on this team and it takes time to find where all the pieces fit its going to take some time to hit a stride what matters is how they are playing at the end of the season... period

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It was the first preseason game guys. Its basically a scrimmage with the backups playing. All anybody can expect out of that is if a couple players can flash and cause notice while the team is out there experimenting.

kf3339

Reaction score
As stated it was the first preseason game. Nothing to really get fired up about from a team standpoint.

Just a few observations:

Robinson and Green stood out as straight up DE's for the game. I really like Robinson's game and hope he really steps up even more in his second year! Greene was in on plays, but still see him more a rotation guy and playing interior on passing downs. I don't see him as a long term DE for us, but we'll see.

My opinion on Taylor for us is more the SLB role, and only a part-time rush DE. He doesn't look the part for a full time DE, but that's just me. The first game is hard to tell and he was out all last year. So we give him the time to come around and see what happens. But I still see a rush LB, not a DE.

We need a fourth DT that can stop the run and rush the passer from the interior. I do like Mone and obviously Ford and Woods didn't play. But none of the other DT's stood out at all. If they can't do the job on the first preseason game, then I don't see how they can help when games count against 1st team OL's. This is where I really hope Nkemdiche shows up for us. I know he is hurt with I think a hammy issue, but he's the only one I see who has a shot. If not, we need to scout the FA and last cuts options. I would not go into the season with only three tru Dt's. That's not smart.

All the main LB's (BBK, Barton, Brooks, and even Evans a few plays) did really good. The others didn't show me anything. I'm thinking that Wright made a big mistake putting money ahead of a chance to stay with us. Right now I would put that money on a solid DT.

I really like what Neal and Amadi did this game! They were both all over the field. We are set with our safeties and nickle corner, but our other CB's is a definite concern. Flowers looks more a last cut candidate than an answer for us right now. The others that played really didn't stand out for me. It's still a concern.

Overall, our offense just stunk up the place. I get they were trying to work on certain matchup's, but come on that was just really putrid. Our O-Line is weak and we don't have a true OC on this team. Fuller isn't the answer, so Pocic better show up or were in trouble up the gut. I'm not down on Forsythe as it's his first real action and has a lot to learn. But I would be much more serious about getting Brown the contract extention he wants right now. It's pretty obvious we are light in quality OT backups. I know Ogbuehi and Jones are hurt right now. But even healthy they are only serviceable right now.

The only real bright spot for Offensive skills players was Dallas as an RB. He looked pretty good considering what he had to work with from our Oline. Both Swain and Fuller also had some nice catches. Also Cade Johnson made a few nice catches as well. Nothing major to write home about, but at least it was something to catch your attention.

That's about it for me. I take it as a first preseason game that doesn't matter. We will know hopefully more in our next game against the Broncos.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There did not really seem to be any moment where a player flashed some kind of raw ability that hinted at tremendous promise. At least not from a new player.

Alton looked solid. Taylor got close a couple of times and seemed to get regular pressure. Cade was consistent, though judging the WRs considering how horrific the QBs are right now - probably not fair.

But not a whole lot to be excited about.

One game isn't enough to know the strengths vs weaknesses. But we do tend to find that problems in the preseason tend to be nagging issues, if not outright albatrosses, during the regular season.

We don't have enough information to be pessimistic (not that it matters, since as long as Carrol & Wilson are on this team...we are going to be making wildcard playoff games), but almost nothing to be optimistic about either.

It really is weird not to have a player at least flash something in a preseason game. We usually have at least one or two players that make a great play or have some kind of breakout in the 3rd or 4th quarter of a preseason game. It is usually the only reason I watch these past the 1st quarter.

So literally showing nothing and nobody standing out was odd.

chrispy

Reaction score
Remember, this was the first game in the Raiders fancy new stadium with fans watching. They had a lot more reason to win than the Seahawks. They really had to look good. They've had PSLs and Season Tix sold out since the beginning of last season. They also have the highest priced tix currently on sale in the secondary market. That would have all tanked if they looked like losers.

Also, who gives away freebies for the first pre-season game? (they all got towels; everyone, not just season tix holders). Who runs a corner blitz in the first series of the the first pre-season game? They were playcalling to win the game.

None of that excuses the poor performance by the Seahawks. But there is so obviously a difference in perspective. Alton Robinson was covering a WR 15 yards downfield. The Seahawks were trying out some new stuff and trying out some fringe players. Raiders felt like they had to win.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I have to believe part of our poor offensive showing was due to our #3 and #4 QBs playing the entire game. Also that our newbies were getting as much PT as possible. There were some nice plays made for our side, just not nearly enough to win the game. IF there was a bright point outside a few good performances it is that we may have seen enough to identify some candidates for culling to open up roster spot for other possibilities.

Please note: This thread was under report for reason someone was attacking a poster rather than a post. I dropped the report but lets all just follow the rules please.

toffee

Reaction score
Lol, a good percentage of guys on this topic are ready to fire Pete after this game, along with our OC and DC.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

JustTheTip

Reaction score
toffee":8598q8fz said:
Lol, a good percentage of guys on this topic are ready to fire Pete after this game, along with our OC and DC.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

To be fair to those of us in the PC shouldn't be the head coach any longer club, this game has nothing to do with the opinion.

Own The West

Reaction score
Keep in mind there are only three preseason games this year. That means two more weeks to cut 47 players.

I'd expect we'll see a half of tune up football with the starters next week, and then three more halves of roster evals after that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The fact that this thread wasn't readily hoisted up and smashed like a pinata by posters who know a thing or two is troubling to me.

It is a lost cause to engage with those who brag about their "def" ears, so to the rest of you, consider the facts:

1. 31 players were held out of this game.
2. The defensive backfield was running such vanilla stuff that it can hardly be considered scheming.
3. Even a lot of the depth was held out. We saw the depth of the depth.
4. They clearly were not trying to win the game.

It is a CLASSIC blunder to give a crap about the result of preseason games. Watch this as you would the Senior Bowl - it's matchups and reps we're looking for. Not the score. Stop following the ball. Zero in on some interesting guys and see how they operate.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Watching individual guys also reveals fun stuff, like this:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1426722152984743941[/tweet]

TwilightError

Reaction score
DeeJay Dallas looked bigger and faster. Basically he looked like a completely different guy, in a positive way.

LTH

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":gzng4pi4 said:
Just when I thought this place couldn't get more dramatic about nothing........here we are. Hilarious.

LMAO!!! Its amazing isn't it Soulfish? I mean my GAWD!!

So my question to you is how long before they start picking on SW? I'm thinking after the 2nd game...they will start calling him the worst mistake of Carroll's career.... what's the scenario? it's coming no question about that in my mind LMAO!!!!

LTH

Latest posts