All the pressure is on the Atlanta Falcons

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
All week long the media has been asking tough questions “You guys are 0-3 in the playoffs together, whats different this year?”. Matt Ryan and the coaching staff has all the pressure on them. They have been given the label of chokers. They have been blown out three years in a row in the playoffs. The media has been reminding the Falcons the last two weeks. The fact that they had the best record in the NFL in the regular season further adds to the pressure.

On the other hand, the Seahawks roll into town with little to no pressure. Win or lose, this season has already been a success. We found our QB of the future and present. We have a young and established core. We have one of the youngest teams in the league. We finished 11-5 despite having one of the toughest schedules in pro football. We showed we could win on the road and at home.

All the pressure is on the Atlanta Falcons. They know they can’t lose this game, not after finishing the season as the number one seed. Not after getting blown out their past three playoff games. Not after Matt Ryan has the nick name of “Matty Ice” yet has not shown up on the big stage, in the playoffs.

I pray to the football gods that we get an early lead in the game on Sunday. If we do, we just might see the Falcons pressing the panic button and reliving a déjà vu moment.

Ruminator

Reaction score
If Buffalo Bills can go 0-4 in the Super Bowl, the Atlanta Falcons can go 0-4 in the playoffs.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
So lets say we get the ball first, sustain a 74 yard drive, eat about 7:00 minutes off the clock and Beast Mode punches it in right up the gut. Then Longwell kicks it through the end zone. Matty Ice and co get the ball and our D comes out swinging and gets them off the field in a 3 and out. They punt the ball to Leon who returns it 27 yards to the 50, and 3 plays later Dangeruss hits Rice for a 42 yard deep ball for another 6.

I think if something like this happens they have to be reaching semi panic mode because they have that pressure to step up. If we can just keep the pressure on and keep it close I love our chances for the upset.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
dbsn2420":1cdc5jcy said:
So lets say we get the ball first, sustain a 74 yard drive, eat about 7:00 minutes off the clock and Beast Mode punches it in right up the gut. Then Longwell kicks it through the end zone. Matty Ice and co get the ball and our D comes out swinging and gets them off the field in a 3 and out. They punt the ball to Leon who returns it 27 yards to the 50, and 3 plays later Dangeruss hits Rice for a 42 yard deep ball for another 6.

I think if something like this happens they have to be reaching semi panic mode because they have that pressure to step up. If we can just keep the pressure on and keep it close I love our chances for the upset.

My scare is TRU lined up on any WR and mattyice finds that weakness.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Imagine the influence it is bound to have on the FO's post-season draft/FA decisions if we lose this game, however it plays out.

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
dbsn2420":5a1e1ijp said:

Wow. That would be the perfect script.

Twisted

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3j7mn8jr said:
dbsn2420":3j7mn8jr said:

My scare is TRU lined up on any WR and mattyice finds that weakness.

if Matt is going to keep throwing short linebackers and linemen need to step it up and JJ swat that ball down!!!

JustCallMeJonesy

Reaction score
dbsn2420":29kapv2z said:

We did that to the Packers in 2010. Thought we would have it in the bag for sure.

Then they dropped 42 on us.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JustCallMeJonesy":3ndhaekk said:
dbsn2420":3ndhaekk said:

We did that to the Packers in 2010. Thought we would have it in the bag for sure.

That was in 2007 not 2010. They played the Saints and Bears in the playoffs in 2010.

keepertd

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3345sjmq said:
JustCallMeJonesy":3345sjmq said:
dbsn2420":3345sjmq said:

That was in 2007 not 2010. They played the Saints and Bears in the playoffs in 2010.

psst...the Falcons is what he meant :thumbup:

Latest posts