All 22 Review: How Seahawks' Man Coverage Failed vs. Packers

Polk738

Reaction score
Good read and insight on how Rodgers destroyed Seattle's man coverage, if you thought the soft zone was bad wait until you read this article. https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/ho ... iw2eB-Py8c

-Some quick takeaways

I understand now why they don't play a lot of man, the times they did get a 3rd down stop they were in zone so I'm not sure why KNJ continued to watch them get smoked in man?

Lano Hill has to be the slowest safety I've ever seen

They actually did try to bracket Adams on a few plays but it was pointless

They're six man blitz packages were torched by Rodgers, go figure

This defense is sorely missing a Kam Chancellor type player, I really hope to God that is Marquise Blair

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
If we can see on TV how bad Lano Hill is, it must be absolute brutality on film.

"It all comes down to talent and speed, two desirables the Seahawks defense was left craving...."
That covers it, for the season actually.
Found the damning of McDougald interesting. Ball hawk and a decent player but a S that runs a 4.7 is a liability. This D must get faster.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Pretty sure McDougald is faster than Kam ever was.

That being said I think speed is important and I think we need to see Blair on the field more. We have speed. It's just riding the pine in preference to experience.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Pretty sure what Kam lacked in speed he made up for in his football IQ

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Speaking of football IQ, pointing out the Hill mis-steps really highlight how he's missing that, along with all the other things we don't like.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Kam was a smart player but everyone plays better with someone the talent of Earl Thomas behind them. He's one of the best I've ever seen and as a duo with Kam, they were the best complimentary players we could have hoped for.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Sac":fmycmmbg said:
Polk738":fmycmmbg said:
Pretty sure what Kam lacked in speed he made up for in his football IQ

And absolutely brutal hits, and intimidation.

Exactly, two plays that will always stick out in my mind that defined Kam in PC's scheme- 2013 against the Cards in AZ where he blew up Eric Winston and in SB 48 where he murdered Wes Welker in the slot, Kam was a true hybrid player that excelled in this defense, his versatility was amazing.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've said before somewhere that the speed all these athletes have and the relatively short distances they have to cover, reaction time means so much more than one player bring faster than another.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lano Hill is two steps slow in both speed and recognition. TT forced Pete to change to a Cover 2 scheme. They really need to bring in some new safety depth this draft.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's just a tough sell because you went all in on asafwtu in a recent draft and they haven't worked out

Latest posts