According to Aaron Rodgers -- The NFC is Wide Open

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A starting QB stating that he likes his team's chances in the playoffs? Shocking.

He really should have said "listen guys, we MIGHT have a shot at beating the Niners at home, but after that we're completely screwed.......I mean have you seen the Hawks and Panthers this year? No shot at all. In fact, we might just forfeit the game if we make it to the NFC Championship game up there in Seattle."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":6fvdlr35 said:
His exact wording may have been meant as a jab, but whatever. This is such a non-story.

It's only a jab to the thin skinned Hawk fans with inferiority complexes.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think the nation wide consensus is the Hawks will take the NFC but more people think highly of GB, SF, and NO than of Philly or Car. I understand that with any given sunday a team ca get hot. With Rodgers returning and having Cobb back that GB has a legit shot. I'd want Wilson to say the same thing if we were the 4th seed.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The Radish":1glfpx76 said:
Well he killed us in the second half of that game with dinks and dunks. So if they do get here we need to be prepared to defend that type of game.

We did sack him like 6 times in the first half but he brought his team back and lost on the controversial call of the season last year so perhaps we should remember that.

:les:

He brought his team back on a controversial call. So, perhaps we should remember that. :les:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23ff01n2 said:
MidwestHawker":23ff01n2 said:
His exact wording may have been meant as a jab, but whatever. This is such a non-story.

It's only a jab to the thin skinned Hawk fans with inferiority complexes.

agreed (i just did a much poorer job of stating it than you)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ve4dkxga said:
Polaris":ve4dkxga said:
The thing is after a lot of Aaron Rodgers comments last year when he could have helped douse fires and deliberately didn't vis a vis Seattle, I am no longer inclined to give him any benefit of the doubt.

Benefit of the doubt or not... Who cares? He's not wrong. The 4,5 and 6 seeds have Super Bowl pedigree. The QB and head coach of all three have been there recently. The 1 and 2 seeds have yet to experience it. Two young QBs now playoff favorites against vets (albeit Kaep isn't a vet) who've been to that game?

Can't deny it.

I don't think it matters which is why I don't think his comments intended or not "slight" matter.its the reality of it. Who cares if he points it out? Why cant we accept it without acting like 7th grade girls?

Again, I'd be shocked if our team cared even the slightest. And if a team (especially a D) known for its brash talk did take offense that what does that say about our focus?

Having experience means squat, he has NO INSIDE TRACK to taking it all , just because he says he's been there before.
Like I said before, "Just ask the Manning brothers"

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1tqouygy said:
The Radish":1tqouygy said:
Well he killed us in the second half of that game with dinks and dunks.

Yep. Imagine that, an offensive coordinator that makes serious changes to overcome ineffectiveness early on. :lol:

McCarthy calls the offensive plays.