According to Aaron Rodgers -- The NFC is Wide Open

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Scottemojo":b0af3bkh said:
Throwdown":b0af3bkh said:
This week might be the only time ever I root for the 49ers, I really just hate the Packers. Sorry guys.
You are going to hate this weekend. Sorry. But the Niners live in Dom Capers head, and his defense is just plain outmatched.

On the surface, one would think Rodgers is enough to beat the Niners. The list of QBs the Niners have lost to this year is elite: Brees, Newton, Wilson, Luck.

But none of that changes the simple fact that Capers defense is completely outclassed by the Niners offense. They can't press the Niners, they can't blitz the niners, and they died vs Kaepernick trying to play zone. What's left?

Plus ... Clay Matthews is out.

vonstout

Reaction score
The Packers are nowhere near the team they were when we played them last year. Their running game is better, but their defense is flat out awful. I'd love to see them win this week, but it's not likely to happen. I don't think NO is more than a 50/50 to beat Philly on the road either.

plyka

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":bo1n4jo4 said:
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet so if it has already been discussed, my bad. I don't know how many of you caught this, but Aaron Rodgers said this after beating the Bears on Sunday ...

"I think the NFC is wide open," Rodgers said. "I think from 1 to 6 there are a lot of talented teams. There are some teams that haven't been up as the lead dog before but wanted to, and some teams with championship experience sitting down at the bottom half."
Source:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/packer...rancisco-on-sunday-b99173622z1-237922881.html

Now on the surface, I understand this completely. He's defending his own team and saying look out for us in the playoffs. I get that.

However, I find it hard to overlook the fact that his comments are also a bit of a slam against the Seahawks and Panthers. If I'm Richard Sherman, I've already got this posted up in the locker room. Anyone doubt that's already happened? Bad idea to give any team out there any kind of bulletin board material especially at this time of year.

The idea that teams have bulletin board material is ridiculous in my opinion. No one CARES about what some dummy said weeks ago. The only time I've ever seen it affect a team is with Golden Tate and the Rams this last game, and that cost them a lot not to mention they didn't really have anything to play for.

That said, what Aaron Rodgers is doing is typical --grasping for anything, something which he can use to tell his teammates "guys, we've got a chance." But it's 1 in a million Aaron..."but you're saying there's a chacne?"

themunn

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with what he said, between the Panthers and us we've not been to the Championship game in 8 years, the Niners, Saints and Packers make up the bottom 3 seeds and all 3 have played in a Superbowl in the last 4 years. Experience matters.

If Tony Romo somehow led the Cowboys to a 16-0 regular season record next year we'd still be saying "yeah, but it's Tony Romo in a win or go home game", until you can prove you have championship credentials you're just another team.

plyka

Reaction score
themunn":2y7uddzf said:
There's nothing wrong with what he said, between the Panthers and us we've not been to the Championship game in 8 years, the Niners, Saints and Packers make up the bottom 3 seeds and all 3 have played in a Superbowl in the last 4 years. Experience matters.

If Tony Romo somehow led the Cowboys to a 16-0 regular season record next year we'd still be saying "yeah, but it's Tony Romo in a win or go home game", until you can prove you have championship credentials you're just another team.

I disagree. If Romo led a team to a 16-0 record, people would be scared, very scared of the Boys. You are what you are, and 16-0 is damn good.

djb28

Reaction score
Any team in the playoffs has earned the right to be there and they are not be overlooked. They are all dangerous. It doesn't matter what our home record is. Blink and it's over.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Nobody should have a problem with what he said. Except his head coach, who needs to remind him that he has lost three in a row to the team he faces this week.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers has a giant ego and talks a lot of shit. nothing new here. People want to paint him as some mild mannered humble guy because he sat behind Favre for a few years. in contrast to Favre, Rodgers is mild mannered and humble because Favre has the GIANTEST ego and never STOPS talking shit.

So yeah... screw cry baby Rodgers. Hate that guy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3fduqjgx said:
How about beating the 49ers first, discount daable check guy. The Niners have kicked your ass the last three times you have played.

This. I'd be extremely nervous if I were the Packers. The 49ers are in their heads.

A

Anonymous

vonstout":7fmfuevy said:
Hawk nuts, you stole my avatar!

Yes. But he sized his correctly upon digital installation.

Yours came out too wide and distorted. :stirthepot:

For the record, I am not miffed by Rodgers' statement at all.

I just called him a smart ass because everything he said in that quote were just the facts with no personal thoughts.

themunn

Reaction score
plyka":1g5c744j said:
themunn":1g5c744j said:

I disagree. If Romo led a team to a 16-0 record, people would be scared, very scared of the Boys. You are what you are, and 16-0 is damn good.

Well it's be stupid not to be scared of a team that went 16-0.
At the same time... it's Tony Romo

Seeker

Reaction score
We sacked Aaron Rodgers eight times in one half with an inferior pass rush by this years standards

ceej22

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with what he said. 4 of the teams are pretty close though Saints on the road is questionable. Of course he is going to believe his team can make it. He's the leader of that team and if they have any chance he has to believe it. Not to mention with him behind center they could run the table. Eagles are the only team I don't think stands a chance simply because of Kelly and lack of big game experience from the team.

hawker84

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2gflo6it said:
Packers defense is absolutely horrible. They seem to have found a running game. I hope all of the Packer fans come out of the woodwork right before they get stomped in the playoffs.

fixed it for you.. Hopefully they can win in a shootout.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":2v3ex5ug said:
Well he killed us in the second half of that game with dinks and dunks.

Yep. Imagine that, an offensive coordinator that makes serious changes to overcome ineffectiveness early on. :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1l1s2up3 said:
Everyone knows the playoffs are a crap shoot. So he's right, it's wide open. There are six talented teams, he's right again. The top seeds haven't been there before but wanted to, again correct. Teams with prior experience are sitting on the bottom, also correct.

Where's the slam? Where's the insult?

You guys are too thin skinned, my god.

yeah... i just dont see anything wrong with the statement. if anything, its a very candid and interesting one. Top 2 seeds are new to that spot of late. 3 of the bottom 4 seeds have been the NFC reps in the Super Bowl the last three years.

just shows how deep this playoff field is

ivotuk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2n0rlblm said:
Everyone knows the playoffs are a crap shoot. So he's right, it's wide open. There are six talented teams, he's right again. The top seeds haven't been there before but wanted to, again correct. Teams with prior experience are sitting on the bottom, also correct.

Where's the slam? Where's the insult?

You guys are too thin skinned, my god.

Did you read the thread? Or did you come in with your response already in hand? People are discussing what he said and giving the Packers credit while agreeing that there is something to what he said.

Unfortunately for Aaron, he has to face the 49ers who are hitting a hot streak with Crabtree, Boldin, VD and now, Quinton Patton catching passes. I'll be rooting for the Pack as I've always loved their history, but don't hold out much hope.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I like Rodgers (the QB) and sincerely hope he don't go down the same road as Favre. It's clear the pain meds are already dulling his senses. The Eagles have an offense and the ability to play outdoors that makes them something of a wildcard, IMO...but I think the NFC is clearly a 3 way race with both SF and Carolina chasing us. In fact, I think that same 3 way race holds true across both conferences. The winner of the NFC wins the SB, I have little doubt.

Latest posts