Aaron Rodgers

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":uztx8660 said:
Sarlacc, you have no idea. When I lived in Wisconsin during the 90s, it was insane. Favre could do no wrong. Even his horrific four-interception games where none of them bounced off the hands of receivers, they'd make excuses for him. I hated it, and I'm glad to see Packers fans suffering now.

What do you mean I have no idea? I grew up in Milwaukee and my extended family is part of the cult. My in-laws, too.

Anecdote: I went back for my friend's wedding in September 2011. I didn't see Packers gear ( week before the season started) I saw women in Erin Rodgers shirts. It was such a bracing reminder of the hero worship.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2bv6ho0v said:
Sarlacc, you have no idea. When I lived in Wisconsin during the 90s, it was insane. Favre could do no wrong. Even his horrific four-interception games where none of them bounced off the hands of receivers, they'd make excuses for him. I hated it, and I'm glad to see Packers fans suffering now.

We aren't exactly suffering at Rodgers hands. We do have a Super Bowl under him, and we have been in the playoffs 6 straight years with 4 straight division championships. Sure, we haven't made it to the Super Bowl in 5 years, and that isn't good. However, we haven't suffered. We just haven't achieved the ultimate goal. This year despite the loss was a very entertaining year of football, and as a Packer fan I enjoyed it tremendously. The future for the Packers is bright, so I don't feel like we're suffering. I will agree with you though that Favre could do no wrong when he was with the Packers. He used to throw some of the most awful passes in big games(vs. philly in the divisional playoffs), and he even had 6 picks against the Rams once. People still loved him. After the Giants loss in the NFC championship in 07(where he was picked in overtime) some of his teammates had to be held back from attacking him in the locker room after the game, because he was cracking jokes them losing.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":g18h0fz2 said:
What do you mean I have no idea? I grew up in Milwaukee and my extended family is part of the cult. My in-laws, too.

Anecdote: I went back for my friend's wedding in September 2011. I didn't see Packers gear ( week before the season started) I saw women in Erin Rodgers shirts. It was such a bracing reminder of the hero worship.
Well, I didn't quite mean it literally, but I had no idea you grew up in Milwaukee.

YOU KNOW THE STRUGGLE! #RESPECT

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tfezhe5 said:
Sarlacc83":3tfezhe5 said:

Well, I didn't quite mean it literally, but I had no idea you grew up in Milwaukee.

YOU KNOW THE STRUGGLE! #RESPECT

I knew you were exaggerating. I wanted to share my pain.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HeatEquation":193kux5o said:
GB was unquestionably the better team today. They just choked the game away at the end and handed you a victory.
Nope, IF GB WAS indeed the better team, they would have won, but now?, Erin Rodgers gets to prop his leg with all the booboos up on the footstool and watch the REAL "BETTER TEAM" represent in SB 49 8)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HeatEquation":39r36cds said:
It provided no advantage. Most teams were doing the same thing and video taping signals was actually legal. NE just did it from a location that happened to be prohibited. It would be nice if you actually had any knowledge of what transpired.

Keep being jealous though. 3 (soon to be 4) > 1

I just gotta ask, "You Mad Bro"?

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1read9d5 said:
Aaron Rodgers?

Last time i checked, he plays for Green Bay, and that is behind us.

So, NFL forum...

Seriously, putting this in the NFL forum while leaving at least a dozen other packer threads and one identical to this one in the main forum. WTF? Pull your heads out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Northhawk":1wn6r7qb said:
The better team comment and those about not being aggressive enough by Rodgers was nothing more than spin to avoid him being blamed for the loss. It was Bostick's fault. It was the coach's fault. Just selfish spin to try to protect his legacy.

Let's face it, he loses another like this and he'll become the next Peyton Manning. Cough... Cough...

this has been getting a lot of play here in MN.

why didnt McCarthy let Aaron win the game, etc. etc.

theres a reason, and its in Rodgers stat line.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Such a classy bunch, Pete Carroll and our players needs to take lessons about class and sportsmanship from the Packers, the most classy organization ever.

Vetamur

Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers doesnt decide to challenge Sherman in the endzone, his team wins. He threw the ball after making the decision. 1 TD, 5 fgs. Get ONE more td at any point instead of a FG and they win. Fake a field goal on one of those 2 attempts inside the 2.. but..no. Couldnt and didnt do any of that. So..how exactly were they better?