Aaron Rodgers

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We played horribly for 57 mins. There isn't a team in the league that couldn't put up 16 points in that amount of time with 4 turnovers. The fact is that we came back to win in 3 mins. To me that shows completely that we were the better team. If the roles were reversed and we had 4 turnovers from them and control of the game for 57 mins, it would have been a record beatdown. Great game, refs stayed out of it, old school football. The best team yesterday won, period.

StoneCold

Reaction score
jkitsune":1a99ahxj said:
Seafan":1a99ahxj said:
and his smug arrogance, whining and complaining the better team lost. BS. His passer rating was 55 and he threw the same number of TDs in this game as our punter.

So did Russ. With a worse passer rating.

It's OK to just acknowledge that we're fortunate to have won this game.

Yes we had some fortune in winning this game. Was it more than what Green Bay received? 5 turnovers and a Seahawk offense that shot themselves in the foot for 50 minutes seems like quite a bit of fortune.

SC

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1qxf566m said:
We played horribly for 57 mins. There isn't a team in the league that couldn't put up 16 points in that amount of time with 4 turnovers. The fact is that we came back to win in 3 mins. To me that shows completely that we were the better team. If the roles were reversed and we had 4 turnovers from them and control of the game for 57 mins, it would have been a record beatdown. Great game, refs stayed out of it, old school football. The best team yesterday won, period.

I would say our Offense played horribly for that time; our Defense did amazing granted the short fields our O was handing them. They only had 16pts at the half, and only added 2 more FGs the rest of the way... against Aaron Rodgers and GB's #1-ranked offense! That's not horrible, at all.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Green Bay was lucky to even come in and play us, It might of been the Cowboys instead.

KatarHol

Reaction score
The Seahawks were the much better team, but the poor weather conditions equalized the game. If it weren't for some flukey out of character weather related turnovers, the Packers would have been blown out.

Torc

Reaction score
I think Aaron is forgetting the meaning of the word 'team'. While it's true the GB defense was having a field day against our offense, the Packers were getting field goals off of turnovers that had them starting drives in the red zone. Any time you get the ball in the red zone and fail to get a touchdown, I count that as a 'win' for the defense.

But 'team' means more than that. We all saw Sherman on the sidelines getting the defense together and chewing them out after the Packer touchdown. How many other teams would be looking sideways at the offense and try to keep from blaming the O for the situation they put the defense in? Not this team - the Seahawks D held themselves accountable - and didn't allow another TD.

'Team' also means the coaches who noticed a tendency on the Green Bay field goal defense (described in Peter King's MMQB column today), and who planned a play to take advantage. It means the special teams players who executed it, and who outplayed the GB squad on the onside kick.

People are blaming McCarthy's conservative play calling. Well, maybe you get conservative when you have a lead, and your QB is throwing at about a 50% completion rate with two interceptions. (Rodgers ended the game at 55%)

I'm getting annoyed by all the inference that the Packers dominated the game. Their defense did dominate our offense for 55 minutes, but that's it. In the end, the best TEAM won the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KatarHol":1tv45m4f said:
The Seahawks were the much better team, but the poor weather conditions equalized the game. If it weren't for some flukey out of character weather related turnovers, the Packers would have been blown out.

I agree that the Hawks were the better team, but I didn't see any weather related turnovers.

Both teams played in the same weather, but only balls were bouncing off of our receivers hands, and Russell was the one acting WAY out of character by forcing balls into receivers for picks.

Donn2390

Reaction score
AR said that losing this game will haunt him for the rest of his career. That isn't true. I can guarantee Mr. Rogers, that if he lived to be 100 years old, he will be remembering this loss on his death bed as the biggest failure in his life time.
He, along with the rest of the Packers, will never be able to erase this memory from their minds.. The nightmare will linger for a lifetime..
Another sad saga in Mr Rogers neighborhood...

jon70

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1ctj8c02 said:
Throwdown":1ctj8c02 said:
HeatEquation":1ctj8c02 said:
GB was unquestionably the better team today. They just choked the game away at the end and handed you a victory.

Great teams don't choke

I never said GB was great. They were just better than Seattle.

where I'm from the better team scores more points at the end!

Rob12

Reaction score
HeatEquation":tggcixis said:
Throwdown":tggcixis said:
HeatEquation":tggcixis said:
GB was unquestionably the better team today. They just choked the game away at the end and handed you a victory.

Great teams don't choke

I never said GB was great. They were just better than Seattle.

28-22. No, they weren't.

A

Anonymous

Aaron Rodgers?

Last time i checked, he plays for Green Bay, and that is behind us.

So, NFL forum...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1068rwji said:
Aaron Rodgers?

Last time i checked, he plays for Green Bay, and that is behind us.

So, NFL forum...

Word, we are on to Arizona. We Forest Gumpin' it.

[youtube]pDAJTlpNHSg[/youtube]

uk seahawk

Reaction score
Rodgers is looking for excuses.The game is played over 60mins not 57 mins
we did in 2 mins what they did in 57 mins..if we played at our best the would have been out of sight.
to play poor and win shows who is the better team

Largent80

Reaction score
HeatEquation":jyh9ygs0 said:

Wrong.

We TOOK that game, and did it BECAUSE we are the better team.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Claiming you were better when you lost is an arrogant loser's mentality. It fails to take ownership of the mistakes one made contributing to the loss, and an opportunity for learning is lost with it.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Our defense played MUCH better than there defense. Our offense played worse than their offense for most of the game. Most offensive flaws were self induced. There defense played OK but really just capitalized on our bonehead errors like they should have. 5 turnovers and several dropped passes. There offense did not take advantage (because they couldn't against our defense). When our offense played like it NORMALLY does then look what happens at the end of the game.

Northhawk

Reaction score
The better team comment and those about not being aggressive enough by Rodgers was nothing more than spin to avoid him being blamed for the loss. It was Bostick's fault. It was the coach's fault. Just selfish spin to try to protect his legacy.

Let's face it, he loses another like this and he'll become the next Peyton Manning. Cough... Cough...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
You can see the result of the Wisconsin QB cult. Favre never did anything wrong on the field, and Erin doesn't do anything bad now.

It's why they won't win multiple Super Bowls with Whiny Mcsadface. No accountability and no resolve. Everything has to go his way or he turns into a colicky baby - just like P. Manning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc, you have no idea. When I lived in Wisconsin during the 90s, it was insane. Favre could do no wrong. Even his horrific four-interception games where none of them bounced off the hands of receivers, they'd make excuses for him. I hated it, and I'm glad to see Packers fans suffering now.