Aaron Rodgers

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
jkitsune":w9i55l7z said:
Seafan":w9i55l7z said:
and his smug arrogance, whining and complaining the better team lost. BS. His passer rating was 55 and he threw the same number of TDs in this game as our punter.

So did Russ. With a worse passer rating.

It's OK to just acknowledge that we're fortunate to have won this game.

But Mr. Wilson was humble after the game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21cnd30j said:
HeatEquation":21cnd30j said:
They were better today. I don't know how else to say it.
They weren't able to pull out a win when Seattle played the single worst game of the Pete Carroll era.

They were, in fact, NOT better today.

We had more yards, about the same amount of time and had we not had 6 turn overs it's quite unlikely the Packers ever score.

We conceded 55 minutes to them, 6 turn overs and they can't win and they think they were the better team?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
....and I thought the OP was talking about Erin Rodgers the reporter and I was thinking why, yes, she did look a little extra smug today.

morgulon1

Reaction score
camdawg":89fzpdly said:
HeatEquation":89fzpdly said:
GB was unquestionably the better team today. They just choked the game away at the end and handed you a victory.

Is this how you would describe the Patriots Super Bowl play in the post-Spygate era?

That's right, they haven't won anything since they got caught cheating.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ur15e8d said:
HeatEquation":2ur15e8d said:
Sports Hernia":2ur15e8d said:
Scoreboard and stats say you are wrong, but then again I'm sure being WRONG is something you are quite used to.

Best teams don't always win the game. You're likely very young and don't have much experience watching football. But that's fact. Today was one of those cases.
No, we watched Super Bowl XL where the officials ensured that the lesser team won the Super Bowl. We're well aware of the phenomenon. What's Green Bay's excuse for not winning when we spotted them FIVE DAMN TURNOVERS and their O-line got away with blatant holding ALL DAY LONG without getting called for it? We tried to give them the game and they still couldn't take it.

Worst game played by the Seahawks in the Pete Carroll era, and we still won. Lol.
:th2thumbs: :13: :th2thumbs:

HeatEquation

Reaction score
morgulon1":14l7hd8h said:
camdawg":14l7hd8h said:
HeatEquation":14l7hd8h said:
GB was unquestionably the better team today. They just choked the game away at the end and handed you a victory.

Is this how you would describe the Patriots Super Bowl play in the post-Spygate era?

That's right, they haven't won anything since they got caught cheating.

It provided no advantage. Most teams were doing the same thing and video taping signals was actually legal. NE just did it from a location that happened to be prohibited. It would be nice if you actually had any knowledge of what transpired.

Keep being jealous though. 3 (soon to be 4) > 1

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if Green Bay were the better team

1.) they wouldn't have lost to seattle twice in the same year
2.) they wouldn't have lost to buffalo, and that game would have been in green bay
3.) they would be going to the superbowl

Trollfans don't seem to put into perspective that Seattle stumbled and played it's worst game of football in 3 years on a huge stage against a good team - and still won.

Chawks1

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1339girr said:
Sports Hernia":1339girr said:
Scoreboard and stats say you are wrong, but then again I'm sure being WRONG is something you are quite used to.

Best teams don't always win the game. You're likely very young and don't have much experience watching football. But that's fact. Today was one of those cases.

Please explain this. How was Green Bay the better team? More passing yards? More rushing yards? Any running backs over 100 yds? Any receivers over 100 yds catching? How did they do on 3rd down conversions? What was their red zone conversion rate? How did their D do against Seattle I the red zone? How did they fair on stopping Seattleseahawks 3rd down conversions?

Green Bay lost in ALL of those categories. Seattle shot themselves in the foot for 55 minutes. 5 turnovers and Green Bay had all the momentum and couldn't get it done. The better team played 60 minutes of football in regulation and won in OT.

taco40

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dwvsi94 said:
What's Green Bay's excuse for not winning when we spotted them FIVE DAMN TURNOVERS ...

Worst game played by the Seahawks in the Pete Carroll era, and we still won. Lol.

The "better team that day" only scored three points off those turnovers. The better team that day kept the "better team" out of the end zone.

Hawk-N-Stein

Reaction score
It gets me when you hear "he better team lost today". if it was defiantly the better team then they would be moving on. If I am not mistaken the game isn't over until the last tic of the clock.

Green Bay had it 4th and one foot on the goal line, but was scared of that Hawk "D" that they decided to kick a field goal instead. The Hawk "D" made stop after stop, and put the Seahawks in a position to win it at the end. So I ask....":Who was the better team that day?"

SeaWolv

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3vqqrste said:
Throwdown":3vqqrste said:

I never said GB was great. They were just better than Seattle.

It's weird how they are the better team yet the Seahawks are 0-2 against Seattle and Seattle is the #1 seed.

But yeah, Green Bay is better.

They were better today. I don't know how else to say it.

How about this:

They were better for 3 quarters but not 4.

Boycie

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1jml8uc4 said:
Sports Hernia":1jml8uc4 said:

You know what I like about all of this? I like the fact that we got the crap scared out of us, and now our team will take nothing for granted. We all were feeling like yesterday was going to be a cakewalk to the SB, and it ended up being a fight for our playoff lives. This Seahawks team learns from their mistakes(especially Russell) and we will not see the same garbage play that we saw yesterday for 3 and a half quarters against the Pats in Arizona. This team needed a wake up call to refocus, and they got it in a big way yesterday! Go Hawks!

Northhawk

Reaction score
Mike & Mike had CC on where they did the old if this didn't happened and that happened Green Bay would have won. They keyed in on Bostick but also other plays.

Funny how a change here and there would have ensured a team wins when it's the team you want to win but same doesn't go for the other team. For example, if it wasn't for two of Kearse's missed/tipped passes (the other two were on Wilson) you could have taken 6 pts away from the Packers.

Rodgers played average and couldn't overcome a D that played lights out then our offense came to life just in time. Looks like the best team won to me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":mestrgiy said:
You know what I like about all of this? I like the fact that we got the crap scared out of us, and now our team will take nothing for granted. We all were feeling like yesterday was going to be a cakewalk to the SB, and it ended up being a fight for our playoff lives. This Seahawks team learns from their mistakes(especially Russell) and we will not see the same garbage play that we saw yesterday for 3 and a half quarters against the Pats in Arizona. This team needed a wake up call to refocus, and they got it in a big way yesterday! Go Hawks!

This.

I love our team's confidence, but I cringed a couple times over the past two weeks at some over confident comments by guys like Bennett and the LOB.......almost like this was a done deal.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
Let's start with Russell threw for more yards than him ....had the same number of TD's as him.... rushed for a TD .....
Next beastmode speaks for himself... Eddie Lacey was an after thought after beast ran the ball in to take the lead he' a beast mode wanna be and never will be
Next john Ryan the red Canadian had the same amount of TDs as discount double douche did... a punter hahaha
Then half the legion of boom got hurt and still played and still held them to one TD ...thank you sherms and big earl for staying out there
And then we gave the ball over to them five times and beat them in less than five minutes down by 12 and the better team won .... are you f#$%ing kidding me .... the better team won cause we never quit like the greebay packers did after that 4th pick we just wanted it more and the best team ever won hands down !!!! So go talk to Hans and Frans and see if they can pump you up after that choke you arrogant F$&%!!!! Go hawks!!!!!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
HeatEquation":b0wfncot said:
Sports Hernia":b0wfncot said:

This is sometimes true the better team doesn't always win. But this is not one of those cases.

How do you define better?

Because they had the lead most of the game? That certainly doesn't define better. We've seen that many times. The reason the Packers had the lead was they had great field position for several drives due to TO's yet couldn't convert that into TD's. That tells me right there they weren't the better team. By the sheer nature of where the TO's happened they were already automatic FG's. The fact that the Packers couldn't make them more says volumes about Seattle's D.

Because of turnover ratio? Not an indication of better. We've seen teams win the TO battle only to lose the game many times. 2 of those 4 picks should have been caught the other 2 were on RW as bad throwing decisions. Much like the 2 bad decisions AR made.

TOP? Pretty much even. GB 32:15 Sea 31:04.

Passing? Seahawks had 33 more yards.

Rushing? Seahawks had 59 more yards.

3rd down efficiency? GB 3-14 Sea 8-16.

Yards per rush? GB 4.5 Sea 5.5.

1st downs? GB 19 Sea 20.

Other than leading in scoring for most of the game due to 3 additional bad bounces of the ball I don't see how they were better.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Northhawk":306t6s2s said:
Mike & Mike had CC on where they did the old if this didn't happened and that happened Green Bay would have won. They keyed in on Bostick but also other plays.

Funny how a change here and there would have ensured a team wins when it's the team you want to win but same doesn't go for the other team. For example, if it wasn't for two of Kearse's missed/tipped passes (the other two were on Wilson) you could have taken 6 pts away from the Packers.

Rodgers played average and couldn't overcome a D that played lights out then our offense came to life just in time. Looks like the best team won to me.

Not only could have taken the 6 points away but in 1 or both of those cases there may have been points for Seattle. There certainly could have been points on the 3rd pick if RW throws more towards the corner of the end zone. Hyde muffed a punt in the 1st quarter that he was lucky to recover.

That's the thing with the What If game, you have to play it both ways and in the end it's a pretty stupid discussion.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3ehfcu1u said:
Sports Hernia":3ehfcu1u said:

This is how a New England fan can qualify their performances in the playoffs and Super Bowls in the 9 seasons between the 2004 Super Bowl win, which occurred at the beginning of George W. Bush's second term, and this year. Regardless of losing, you can claim that you were the better team. Personally, I'd rather win.