Aaron Rodgers: “We were the better team today”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

false start

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":zkjv7u4s said:
Am I bad for kind of agreeing with him?

The Packers were the better team for 56 minutes and change. Then the Seahawks went into a 2 minute offense and an onside kick went off a guys face to give us life. Forget the fact it also took the equivalent of a Hail Mary on a 2-point conversion to prevent losing in the last seconds on a field goal, much in the same manner we lost to Atlanta.

That's what's really special about this game. Good teams win the games they should, great teams win the ones they shouldn't. Today - we probably should not have won if you think of how many near fatal errors we committed.

Unfortunately for Rodgers though, the NFL doesn't award games on style points. :)
Perfectly said

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Aros":1s0661sg said:
I lost ALL respect for that punk when I watched him walk off the field like a little baby. No handshake to Wilson, just walked off.

I don't care how he is revered in this league. He's a little crybaby when shit doesn't go his way. Rodgers, ya had your chances and you only managed 1 TD pass and had two picks. You were NOT the better team today. You know why?

YOU LOST.

We gave him 55 minutes and 5 turnovers and he still lost, who's the better teaam?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The Jokes on him. He is going down as the Quarterback of the biggest choke job in NFL Playoff history.

7867.gif

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3jq26f8t said:
Bobblehead":3jq26f8t said:
We gave him 55 minutes and 6 turnovers and he still lost, who's the better teaam?
Where is this sixth turnover? Stat sheets say four interceptions and one fumble...

my bad.. thought it was 2 fumbles.

Still..

We gave him 55 minutes and 5 turnovers and he still lost, who's the better team?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bobblehead":292kxjr5 said:
We gave him 55 minutes and 5 turnovers and he still lost, who's the better team?
Oh, I'm with you, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. We handed the Packers the game on a silver platter, and they spilled it all over their tuxedos.

Nobody to blame but themselves. :)

G'aal

Reaction score
I hate the "we were the better team" whine. It's sour grapes at best, and poor sportsmanship at worst. Clearly, they played better for the first three quarters, but after that, it was pretty much all Seattle.

In the end, not only did we win, but we outgained them, earned more first downs, and capitalized on our chances far more than the Packers. That sounds like the better team to me.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think he's right too. We had no business winning that game. I've read 754 times today that we were outplayed for 56 minutes today. Wouldn't that automatically imply that the Packers were the better team today? We turned the ball over 5 times. To me, that doesn't equate to good football.

We scored a TD on a fake field goal, recovered an onside kick, hit a miracle 2 point conversion, and needed OT to win. The Packers played the better game but didn't score enough points in the red zone. We would all be saying the same thing if the circumstances were reversed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":oryioyb2 said:
I think he's right too. We had no business winning that game. I've read 754 times today that we were outplayed for 56 minutes today. Wouldn't that automatically imply that the Packers were the better team today? We turned the ball over 5 times. To me, that doesn't equate to good football.

We scored a TD on a fake field goal, recovered an onside kick, hit a miracle 2 point conversion, and needed OT to win. The Packers played the better game but didn't score enough points in the red zone. We would all be saying the same thing if the circumstances were reversed.
We spent 56 minutes repeatedly giving them the ball and doing NOTHING with our opportunities, and still won. You know what a great team that deserves to win does with that? They spank an opponent 58-0 like we did over the Cardinals a couple years ago.

The Packers didn't seize a single damn opportunity all day despite our best attempts at giving them myriad chances. If that makes them the "better" team today, then I guess we just disagree on the base definition of that word.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have no problem with him thinking they are the better team--at least today. For much of the game it looked that way. My issue is that he should never have said it. Don't throw your coaches under the bus. Don't discount the other team.

Can you imagine Russell saying something like that? I certainly can't.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":2vnrgz2n said:

Thanks for sharing.
Salty is salty, you don't start a press conference saying "We were the better team, and the better team lost."

Aaron Rodgers made mistakes throughout the game and although he didn't make as many as Russ the mistakes he did make ultimately cost the Packers the game, oddly enough Russell's did not.

Here's 12 dollars.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
There's a difference between being the better--read, more talented--team, and actually playing or executing better for periods of time during a game. I've seen both the Hawks and the Colts play better than they did today for entire games. But we pulled out a win. I've seen GB play better than they did today, and still lose.

Hawk's are still a more talented overall team, and when it mattered, it showed. Part of what makes them better is their mindset, will to win, and their preparation/training to play to the whistle--of each play, and the final game whistle.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
I think the best team makes the most out of the opportunities that are given to them, in all three phases, from beginning to end.

This team wins.

Throwdown

Reaction score
With as much salt as he threw around, I hope he has enough for his popcorn on super bowl Sunday

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Look. I get what he was trying to say. Yes, the Packers took it to us, in our house, for most of the game. Congratulations.

But here's where his statement shows flaws...

Wilson had more yards passing. Lynch had more yards rushing. Turnovers don't matter if you win.

The Seahawks beat the Packers in nearly EVERY statistical category.

Rodgers you egotistical prick, you passed for ONE touchdown and threw 2 picks.

And you were the better team?

Prick.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Seahawks beat the Packers in first downs, rushing yards, passing yards and, ahem, points scored.

razor150

Reaction score
I can't really argue we were the better team today, but we were definitely the more resilient. What really gets my goat though is that everybody seems to ignore the way the Seahawks were beating themselves in the 1st half. A pass bounces off Kearse's hands for an easy pick, Baldwin fumbles on a kick return and the guy wasn't even trying to strip him., and Wilson making terrible reads. Wilson actually went into half time having thrown more picks then completions, and I have a hard time saying after watching the game thinking that was all because of how awesome the Packers were.

Maulbert

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":1yvw846t said:
The better team would have: (from what I can remember)

Scored not one, but TWO touchdowns early in the first quarter instead of kicking field goals,
would have ran longer with the ball after the interception in the fourth quarter,
would have recovered the on sides kick,
would have deflected or intercepted the 2 point conversion hail mary,
would have drove down the field and scored a touchdown in the last of the fourth quarter instead of kicking a game tieing field goal.

Russell Wilson had his worst game as a pro.

So no, not really Mr. Rodgers.

Sit down and STFU.

Maybe he needs to take a discount double check?

Status
Not open for further replies.