Aaron Rodgers: “We were the better team today”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
strat1080":1e88lr23 said:
I try to be reasonable and I give Seattle all the credit in the world for fighting and making the big plays late in the game. But deep down inside you know Green Bay knocked the crud out of Seattle for most of the game. All everybody in the nation is talking about this morning is how Green Bay screwed up. Not how good Seattle looked. Sorry, but that is the truth.

I'll be sure to remember that when cheering my team on in the Superbowl.

ManBunts

Reaction score
strat1080":3d2pmash said:
daveCFPrez":3d2pmash said:
IMHO the better team DID win. If RW doesn't have the absolute worst game of his career I don't think its even close.

Packers fan here. This kind of garbage is the stuff that really makes me dislike some Seahawks fans. Are you saying that Green Bay's defense had nothing to do with Russell Wilson playing like that? Like Green Bay didn't completely overwhelm Seattle's OL for 95% of the game. I told you guys going into this game that you would be surprised by Green Bay's defense. They have a very good pass rush. A pass rush that rattled Tom Brady and got to Romo 4 times.

You know Green Bay choked. You guys won this game because a guy on STs didn't do his job. He was supposed to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch that ball. Nelson would have caught it.

I try to be reasonable and I give Seattle all the credit in the world for fighting and making the big plays late in the game. But deep down inside you know Green Bay knocked the crud out of Seattle for most of the game. All everybody in the nation is talking about this morning is how Green Bay screwed up. Not how good Seattle looked. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Seahawks fan here. I actually don't know any GB fans I dislike. Most are very good friends of mine. You have a great fanbase that travels well, since we're establishing likes and dislikes. Also a big scotch fan, the peatier the better.

But why does someone saying the game wouldn't have been close if RW didn't have a bad game offend you so much? It's pretty much true. Your offense couldn't pick up 3 yards for 2 TDs on the opening drives. A good team converts those. And Bostick screwed up. He was on blocking team, should've let the hands team go for the on-side, but the fact that it came to an onside kick says it all. Ultimately both teams played very far below their norm.

And I said coming into this you guys had a VERY underrated secondary and we needed to be careful. Thank you for proving me right. Ha-Ha's one handed pick was a great catch. It was a dumb throw, but a great catch. The other pop ups and Russ's underthrows, more bonehead moves on our end than skill on yours to instigate the play, but a good defense converts these, and you did, and I applaud them for showing up.

I also try to be reasonable, but that was not the "crud knocking" that you paint it to be. That was scraping by. That was being the LESS worse team for 3.5 quarters, and being less worse doesn't win. And yes, we made the big plays, because THOSE are what matter. So don't get pissy when someone points out the truth. Don't degrade it because that was one of the best damn football games I've seen in ages. Props to the Packers for showing up. But you sir, can go away. I now know of one GB fan I don't like.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Seahawks (5 min + OT) was greater than Green Bay's 55 min. Nuff said.

Now when the Hawks put it together for a full 60 min you should see a result similar to what happened in SB48.

Largent80

Reaction score
To me, the Packers coaching staff screwed the pooch in this game. Not many teams are given all those opportunities vs. the Seahawks in Seattle.

I wouldn't go so far to say they were the better team, given 4 INT's 2 of which were the popped in the air variety, plus 2 fumbles, one the Hawks got.

They only converted those into FG's in the 1st quarter. Turnovers do not a better team make and that was proven on the field. With that time of possesion advantage GB had, they should have scored a lot more points.

The better team is going to the super bowl.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
strat1080":1vh4dao8 said:
ZorntoLargent":1vh4dao8 said:
Such a BS statement, the Packers played to not lose. A true Champion plays to WIN.
Not going for it on 4th and inches? Running the ball late in the game instead of trying to get 1st downs?
They had us down, and didn't deliver the knockout punch.

Discount Defense Choke

Packers fan here. I agree. Green Bay got way too conservative in the 4th quarter. They basically started playing prevent D halfway through the 4th quarter. They started doing a 3 man rush and dropping in coverage which allowed Lynch to rip off some big runs and gave Russell Wilson way too much time in the pocket. They should have kept getting after Wilson with added pressure. I am very upset that they didn't try to move the ball through the air late in that game. Especially with Sherman visually hurting. I'm also upset that we didn't go for it on that first drive when we settled for a FG. Going into this game I really had faith in our pass rush and I think that even if we didn't convert Seattle would have been in trouble with the ball inside the 1 yard line.

I've got to hand it to you guys. Your team has a lot of heart and kept fighting and made the big plays late in the game. I think you guys are going to destroy the Patriots. The AFC is a soft finesse conference that gets all the media hype. I don't think New England has a chance. Green Bay has way more offensive talent and a better pass rush than New England. The Patriots beat up on mediocre teams with scheme trickery. What I've learned about Seattle over the years is that their defense is just flat out good and they don't really care about what the opposing team is doing on offense. I think New England will get exposed in the Super Bowl.

Im telling you, if Im a Packer fan im asking serious questions of McCarthy. They lost the game in the last two minutes. but they couldve won the game in the first 10. 4th and goal from inside the 1 yard line, twice, and came away with 6 points. you get stopped once on that scenario and score the other its 10-0, then 17-0, then 20-0 before the Seahawks even get a first down.

tough way to lose. and it doesnt matter if Seattle finally figured it out or Green Bay choked or whatever. the decisions in the 1st quarter is what ultimately cost the Packers.

Zybot

Reaction score
He thinks he is 2-1in his last 3 games at the Clink.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Foghawk":3cdn6jcw said:
Jon Ryan had the same number of TD passes as him today :roll:

That is freakin hilarious.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3ptjpyka said:
The Jokes on him. He is going down as the Quarterback of the biggest choke job in NFL Playoff history.

7867.gif

Awesome well done you win the internets today.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Yup...

Attachments

• 10888364_752314944846655_5084026301395669827_n.jpg
    10888364_752314944846655_5084026301395669827_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 802

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Aros":13q37mk9 said:
Look. I get what he was trying to say. Yes, the Packers took it to us, in our house, for most of the game. Congratulations.

But here's where his statement shows flaws...

Wilson had more yards passing. Lynch had more yards rushing. Turnovers don't matter if you win.

The Seahawks beat the Packers in nearly EVERY statistical category.

Rodgers you egotistical prick, you passed for ONE touchdown and threw 2 picks.

And you were the better team?

Prick.

I agree. I thought he was and arrogant punk for saying that. You have to be the better team for 60 minutes, not 55. Used to like A A Ron but not anymore.

989031211335462bc4b20041b2dafee1.jpg

2 of Wilson's 4 picks you could argue were not his fault. Chop Chop should have caught them. I think RW was putting some mustard on the those balls. Looked like he was throwing darts out there. Must have been amped up.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
strat1080":cj2ux488 said:
daveCFPrez":cj2ux488 said:
IMHO the better team DID win. If RW doesn't have the absolute worst game of his career I don't think its even close.

Packers fan here. This kind of garbage is the stuff that really makes me dislike some Seahawks fans. Are you saying that Green Bay's defense had nothing to do with Russell Wilson playing like that? Like Green Bay didn't completely overwhelm Seattle's OL for 95% of the game. I told you guys going into this game that you would be surprised by Green Bay's defense. They have a very good pass rush. A pass rush that rattled Tom Brady and got to Romo 4 times.

You know Green Bay choked. You guys won this game because a guy on STs didn't do his job. He was supposed to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch that ball. Nelson would have caught it.

Yet, here you are spewing the same garbage. Yes you're right, People are talking about how Green Bay screwed up, but, they are not talking about how good they looked. We both benefited from some lucky breaks, hell, had it not been for some RW deflections it's highly unlikely Green Bay scores and we wouldn't be having this talk. Led by that POS Mathews I give your defense credit, they played well, however, had RW's passes not been tipped for interception, anything could have happened, much like had Bostick just blocked instead of mugging the ball.

Why I really hate some Packer fans, they are so self entitled, its all about them when your team loses it's because the Packers screwed up, not because the other team out played you. Look it up, look at your fourm, most will tell you that, despite being completely dominated in the first game of the season, the Packers actually should have won that game.

BTW, Jennings never had possecion.

Attachments

• Tatetouchesdown.jpg
    Tatetouchesdown.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 780

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":24nrel8r said:
strat1080":24nrel8r said:
ZorntoLargent":24nrel8r said:
Such a BS statement, the Packers played to not lose. A true Champion plays to WIN.
Not going for it on 4th and inches? Running the ball late in the game instead of trying to get 1st downs?
They had us down, and didn't deliver the knockout punch.

Discount Defense Choke

Packers fan here. I agree. Green Bay got way too conservative in the 4th quarter. They basically started playing prevent D halfway through the 4th quarter. They started doing a 3 man rush and dropping in coverage which allowed Lynch to rip off some big runs and gave Russell Wilson way too much time in the pocket. They should have kept getting after Wilson with added pressure. I am very upset that they didn't try to move the ball through the air late in that game. Especially with Sherman visually hurting. I'm also upset that we didn't go for it on that first drive when we settled for a FG. Going into this game I really had faith in our pass rush and I think that even if we didn't convert Seattle would have been in trouble with the ball inside the 1 yard line.

I've got to hand it to you guys. Your team has a lot of heart and kept fighting and made the big plays late in the game. I think you guys are going to destroy the Patriots. The AFC is a soft finesse conference that gets all the media hype. I don't think New England has a chance. Green Bay has way more offensive talent and a better pass rush than New England. The Patriots beat up on mediocre teams with scheme trickery. What I've learned about Seattle over the years is that their defense is just flat out good and they don't really care about what the opposing team is doing on offense. I think New England will get exposed in the Super Bowl.

Im telling you, if Im a Packer fan im asking serious questions of McCarthy. They lost the game in the last two minutes. but they couldve won the game in the first 10. 4th and goal from inside the 1 yard line, twice, and came away with 6 points. you get stopped once on that scenario and score the other its 10-0, then 17-0, then 20-0 before the Seahawks even get a first down.

tough way to lose. and it doesnt matter if Seattle finally figured it out or Green Bay choked or whatever. the decisions in the 1st quarter is what ultimately cost the Packers.

I think there's a good possibility that McCarthy gets fired next year if GB has a down year. A game like yesterday's can do terrible things to a franchise. Just ask the Broncos and 49ers.

taco40

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rpn5qx3 said:
Am I bad for kind of agreeing with him?

The Packers were the better team for 56 minutes and change. Then the Seahawks went into a 2 minute offense and an onside kick went off a guys face to give us life. Forget the fact it also took the equivalent of a Hail Mary on a 2-point conversion to prevent losing in the last seconds on a field goal, much in the same manner we lost to Atlanta.

That's what's really special about this game. Good teams win the games they should, great teams win the ones they shouldn't. Today - we probably should not have won if you think of how many near fatal errors we committed.

Unfortunately for Rodgers though, the NFL doesn't award games on style points. :)

I will disagree with him on the point that he did throw his coaches under the bus. That's what great quarterbacks do. Listen to Peyton Manning throw the scoreboard operator under their short bus after playing poorly at home.http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap3000000416443/Manning-irked-by-scoreboard-operator

I, too, couldn't argue with him at the time until I realized that his offense converted 6 points off of turnovers. Only two field goals. Since his point of view is totally from one perception, he wouldn't see that the Seahawks defense was astounding at keeping those awful turnovers from damaging the scoreboard with any touchdowns. You have to remember that YOU aren't his audience, his fans 2000 miles away are the folks he's talking to.

Rodgers saw how both his offensive and defensive lines dominated on most of their plays. He knew that he didn't get sacked and pretty much wasn't hurried into bad throws overly often. But he's an offensive weapon on an offensive-minded team. He didn't feel like converting zero third downs during the third and fourth quarters was a problem because they ran off so many minutes off the clock. He also probably didn't feel like it was especially difficult to pick up their game after coasting for 20 minutes of game clock. Rodgers didn't look at how his team stalled, not because of themselves, but because of a championship defense.

He also, more than likely, doesn't know some important history of his own team. Brett Favre was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXI because of such an amazing offensive show. OH WAIT, Desmond Howard was the MVP because of his return yards and touchdown. And the offense scored tons of points during the season because their DEFENSE, led by Reggie White and blue-chippers Santana Dobson, Eugene Robinson, and LeRoy Butler (heart and soul of the team). That defense, as well as their special teams gave the offensive team the ball on a short field so often, it was astounding.

True, the team that didn't make as many mistakes for 92% of the game clock probably should have won. But the team that was better still did yesterday.
Rodgers may not have realized that at the end of the game, Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle Seahawks did what they always do (and this is something that a lot of .net posters during the game didn't remember, even in the waning moments of the second quarter). This offense is great at finishing. Rogers' wasn't great at finishing. Marshawn became the clutch player that he is in the second half. He wasn't outstanding in the first half, but that wasn't on him, the line was, at the time, being beaten.

What separates the two teams in this game is when the W was on the line, the team that finished was the one that will get to irritate the garbage out of us fans for 2 or 3 quarters who are still reliving the most lopsided Super Bowl in recent history and thinking that the Hawks will play like that every week. That Green Bay team, coached by Mike Holmgren, won ugly often. The Hawks team, that I adopted when I moved out to the PNW won ugly and often.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
They were the better team, for 55 minutes.

In fairness though, the narrative today is all the different ways the Packers blew this game. But no one's talking about the uncharacteristic Hawk turnovers that blew their chances for three quarters.

This team does not commit 5 turnovers, ever. So enough about only the Packers blowing the game, both teams made horrible mistakes.

canfan

Reaction score
ManBunts":1anwmlx0 said:
strat1080":1anwmlx0 said:
daveCFPrez":1anwmlx0 said:

Seahawks fan here. I actually don't know any GB fans I dislike. Most are very good friends of mine. You have a great fanbase that travels well, since we're establishing likes and dislikes. Also a big scotch fan, the peatier the better.

But why does someone saying the game wouldn't have been close if RW didn't have a bad game offend you so much? It's pretty much true. Your offense couldn't pick up 3 yards for 2 TDs on the opening drives. A good team converts those. And Bostick screwed up. He was on blocking team, should've let the hands team go for the on-side, but the fact that it came to an onside kick says it all. Ultimately both teams played very far below their norm.

And I said coming into this you guys had a VERY underrated secondary and we needed to be careful. Thank you for proving me right. Ha-Ha's one handed pick was a great catch. It was a dumb throw, but a great catch. The other pop ups and Russ's underthrows, more bonehead moves on our end than skill on yours to instigate the play, but a good defense converts these, and you did, and I applaud them for showing up.

I also try to be reasonable, but that was not the "crud knocking" that you paint it to be. That was scraping by. That was being the LESS worse team for 3.5 quarters, and being less worse doesn't win. And yes, we made the big plays, because THOSE are what matter. So don't get pissy when someone points out the truth. Don't degrade it because that was one of the best damn football games I've seen in ages. Props to the Packers for showing up. But you sir, can go away. I now know of one GB fan I don't like.

I was going to reply to this guy.....you did it first and far better! Your take on most GB fans AND Scotch was spot on. Congratulations!

AgentDib

Reaction score
strat1080":3uk2shvq said:
This kind of garbage is the stuff that really makes me dislike some Seahawks fans. Are you saying that Green Bay's defense had nothing to do with Russell Wilson playing like that? You guys won this game because a guy on STs didn't do his job. He was supposed to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch that ball. Nelson would have caught it.
Are you trying to fight garbage with garbage? So RW's 4 INTs are not at all flukey but the result of your amazing defense, but the end of the game was flukey and not the result of players making plays? If you want to take that stuff away and then declare that you were the better team then you are doing exactly the same thing as a Seahawks fan who wants to overlook very uncharacteristic play from our QB/WR2.

Bostick is your player and he failed to keep Matthews from recovering the onside kick. Your defense couldn't stop the Seahawks from marching down the field quickly to make it 19-13. HHCD is your player and he failed to stop a floating 2 point conversion to Willson. McCarthy is your head coach and tried running out the clock too early. Your defense played cover 0 and failed to keep Kearse from catching the game winning TD. You can't talk about who is better based on could haves.

Status
Not open for further replies.