A Voice of Reason

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
PryorFamily":1roznra3 said:
As the clock hit zero you could feel the tangible sense of disbelief. It's a shock to lose at home. We've become accustomed to a kind of home dominance that is simply not sustainable and today reality brought us back to an unavoidable truth: All things, all records, all streaks.....end. It's inevitable.

But why the panic? Why the emotional outrage? Why the blame?

I think that we in Seattle who have braved the kind of sports seasons that always end in a punch line are clinging tight to the success of this team because the truth is, we haven't REALLY had this that often. SB XL was our moment and we were left crushed with only the memories of "if only" to keep us company. Since then, we've seen the Mariners disappear figuratively while the Sonics disappeared literally. We've seen no real, national success on any level.

My point is that we are desperate for victory. Not the moral or emotional kind but the kind of victory blanketed with confetti and packaged with an off-season when we are on top of the mountain without the possibility of coming off of it. We want to see the Lombardi hoisted by OUR team! It's the thought of being so close and not obtaining it that causes sweaty palms and nervous pacing in our living rooms.

But.............while adrift in this "glass case of emotion", we need to remember a few things.

1) We are leading in several statistical categories for a REASON....... We are a GREAT football team. Do not allow a single bad game to make you question this team's ability.

2) Unbridled confidence without the fear of defeat is a dangerous thing. Losing at home was going to happen at some point. MUCH better to be punched in the mouth today and allow the players remember as they sit in their ice baths that they can always be beat if they don't play to their potential. This could be a great thing for their development and growth as a team.

3) Winning masks true deficiencies. When this team has had post game meetings about penalties or converting in the red zone or......whatever. The message rings with much more clarity and focus when it is the cause of a LOSS, not a footnote in a win. Games like this hit square in the face and like a 1000 lb gorilla, it's tough to ignore.

Bottom line. This team will be fine. This team is where they are at for a reason. They are talented.

We as fans can only ask that they respond positively to this adversity and respond now. I believe they will.

Cheers Hawks fans!!!! Enjoy your week, hug your kids, focus on your families. Remember what's important in life.

I like this guy

Seahawk79

Reaction score
PryorFamily":hicyc99t said:
As the clock hit zero you could feel the tangible sense of disbelief. It's a shock to lose at home. We've become accustomed to a kind of home dominance that is simply not sustainable and today reality brought us back to an unavoidable truth: All things, all records, all streaks.....end. It's inevitable.

But why the panic? Why the emotional outrage? Why the blame?

I think that we in Seattle who have braved the kind of sports seasons that always end in a punch line are clinging tight to the success of this team because the truth is, we haven't REALLY had this that often. SB XL was our moment and we were left crushed with only the memories of "if only" to keep us company. Since then, we've seen the Mariners disappear figuratively while the Sonics disappeared literally. We've seen no real, national success on any level.

My point is that we are desperate for victory. Not the moral or emotional kind but the kind of victory blanketed with confetti and packaged with an off-season when we are on top of the mountain without the possibility of coming off of it. We want to see the Lombardi hoisted by OUR team! It's the thought of being so close and not obtaining it that causes sweaty palms and nervous pacing in our living rooms.

But.............while adrift in this "glass case of emotion", we need to remember a few things.

1) We are leading in several statistical categories for a REASON....... We are a GREAT football team. Do not allow a single bad game to make you question this team's ability.

2) Unbridled confidence without the fear of defeat is a dangerous thing. Losing at home was going to happen at some point. MUCH better to be punched in the mouth today and allow the players remember as they sit in their ice baths that they can always be beat if they don't play to their potential. This could be a great thing for their development and growth as a team.

3) Winning masks true deficiencies. When this team has had post game meetings about penalties or converting in the red zone or......whatever. The message rings with much more clarity and focus when it is the cause of a LOSS, not a footnote in a win. Games like this hit square in the face and like a 1000 lb gorilla, it's tough to ignore.

Bottom line. This team will be fine. This team is where they are at for a reason. They are talented.

We as fans can only ask that they respond positively to this adversity and respond now. I believe they will.

Cheers Hawks fans!!!! Enjoy your week, hug your kids, focus on your families. Remember what's important in life.

Drinking a celebratory toast out of my Hawks mug to this post, go Seahawks!!

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
I was at the game today, and yes it was hard to watch for sure. And yes, I too was really upset that we lost. But at the end of the day, I can only rest assured in knowing that the team is still 12-3, tied for the best record in the league, and still in control of our own destiny. So if this truly is to be our season of destiny, then we only need to take care of the lowly Rams who, yes, are a divisional rival and typically play us tough but are still 2-5 on the road and haven't won in Seattle in almost a decade. There is no way they are going to beat us in our house with the 1 seed on the line. NO WAY IN HELL!!

So while on my way to Seattle this morning, my friend and I that go to the games were talking of possibly selling our Rams tickets since the game wasn't going to mean anything. Now He's driving home from his family Christmas thing in Montana a day early and we are going to the game to do our fan thing and help the team finish this thing. I have no intentions of walking into that stadium next week with my tail between my legs expecting to lose. We will crush the Rams, secure the top seed, and roll into the playoffs looking like exactly what we are. The best team in the NFL.

GO HAWKS!!!

Zorn76

Reaction score
SEAHAWKBLITZ":mk298j6f said:
That's the spirit.

You know it.

I really do believe we win next week.

Beyond that, I'm done with the doom and gloom after losses, especially with a team and season as rewarding as this one.

They've already proven that, much more often than not, they're clutch. And that's why we'll clinch it all next week.

Latest posts