A Voice of Reason

KK84

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":278hn5y8 said:
Nothing like a poster arrogantly declaring themselves to be the "voice of reason". Best way to guarantee I won't read a post

I am posting to inform you I WILL NOT be reading this thread.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm just trying to make shit -pie out of a turd. It's not like our whole team, that BTW 5 hours ago were world-beaters, suddenly fell apart. They're all still there. An off day by our O combined with a playoff-survival effort by a hungry Cards team is not the end of the world. I guarantee none of you will remember this in 3 weeks when we play our first post bye-week playoff game at the CLink... Sheesh...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1u4g905c said:
BULLLLLLLLLLCRAAAAPPPPPP

A great, dominant, SB bound team wins this game. A great team doesn't lose at home, finishes its business and doesn't lose to the gosh darn CARSON PALMER 4 pick lead cardinals. This was an embarassing loss that proves this team isn't special, we will have to fight and scrap to do anything, we thought the team was special, the media did and even the team did but it's not and we need to start acting like it in all 3 phases.

TLDR: Good team, not great.

Show me the AFC team that is great and SB bound by this ridiculous standard. I'll wait. I'll also be waiting to poke holes in it, so come armed.

Wilson2Harvin

Reaction score
Yes, im sure the RAMS are LICKING their CHOPS, to come to Seattle and play. LOL
It does suck that the streak of home wins is over, but Russel was going to lose a Home game in Seattle at some point. He wasnt going to go 84-0 In seattle in his career.
That being said Look how the defense played. ELITE defense. The offensive today, was just flat, and not good. But theres no doubt this team is different!
They killed the Saints, offensively, It just happens some games. Im fully confident they win next week, and DOMINATE at HOME in the playoffs. If they win the superbowl this year, nobody is going to care about this loss, so yeah, that being said, little pissed the crowd seemed not into it as much as usually, seen a ton of people not screaming, little irritated like they just expect this hawk team to destroy eeveryone that comes in there. GET LOUD PEOPLE!

Polaris

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2u26br5n said:
I'm just trying to make shit -pie out of a turd. It's not like our whole team, that BTW 5 hours ago were world-beaters, suddenly fell apart. They're all still there. An off day by our O combined with a playoff-survival effort by a hungry Cards team is not the end of the world. I guarantee none of you will remember this in 3 weeks when we play our first post bye-week playoff game at the CLink... Sheesh...

No. What it looks like is the offense and our o-coordinator (that was some of the worst play-calling i've seen....no adjustments to the high risk defense the Cards were using) took the week off.

Hate to put it that way, but that's how I see it. I also felt that way after the San Fran game, and the pattern is not a comfortable one. I've seen it before (in 1984).

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":25emhakh said:
Blue, you're forgetting that our offense laid a major egg in New York. This isn't a one-week thing.

True. We had what? Two TDs and 3 FGs against a team that essentially quit and was given great field position all day by the defense.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
And when it is all said and done, one game still wins the division and HFA. Which is still important. The calls and balls don't always lose the game like today, just usually for a half.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
So, I guess the season's a wrap then eh? Pack it up, go home and forget about what got us here. Ok. I'm not there yet, but I'll let you guys know when I am...

Polaris

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":pqyt1cgk said:
And when it is all said and done, one game still wins the division and HFA. Which is still important. The calls and balls don't always lose the game like today, just usually for a half.

Right, but the offense has been getting more and more putrid each week, and the Rams very nearly won the last time we faced them.

I just don't trust our Seahawks right now. Been burned too many times by Seahawks teams past.

OP
OP
P

PryorFamily

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fne53c0 said:
Well, he does have a bit of a point about the voice of reason being a little arrogant thing...

It was not meant to imply that I alone am T H E voice of reason. hahahaha. My goodness people. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":npfpl84w said:
Blue, you're forgetting that our offense laid a major egg in New York. This isn't a one-week thing.

I think you're wrong about last week's game. That was a top 10 defense and the Seahawks, once up by two scores knew that the Giants had no chance. The play calling after the first half was for consuming time and not for scoring. This week the play calling was too long developing plays against a really good defense and it didn't seem like there were any adjustments.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The offense still isnt consistant enough and middle of the pack in the nfl.

OP
OP
P

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Polaris":2eoyowlm said:
loafoftatupu":2eoyowlm said:

Right, but the offense has been getting more and more putrid each week, and the Rams very nearly won the last time we faced them.

I just don't trust our Seahawks right now. Been burned too many times by Seahawks teams past.

I will admit that this is a true concern. Last year our offense was headed the opposite direction heading into the playoffs. But then again, AZ had their season on the line and they played like it. Rams, hoping they are a little less inspired.

Polaris

Reaction score
rideaducati":27ou2dwt said:
RolandDeschain":27ou2dwt said:

I think you're wrong about last week's game. That was a top 10 defense and the Seahawks, once up by two scores knew that the Giants had no chance. The play calling after the first half was for consuming time and not for scoring. This week the play calling was too long developing plays against a really good defense and it didn't seem like there were any adjustments.

The bolded part above is one big reason I am as negative right now as I am. The other reason is that this team has had the oppotuntity TWICE to take charge of the division and the playoff seeding and laid an egg both times. Now we face the Rams and the Rams match up against us all too well. If Russell was this way against 'zona, I shudder to think of what the Rams will do to us.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Polaris":22c46ouh said:
rideaducati":22c46ouh said:
RolandDeschain":22c46ouh said:

The bolded part above is one big reason I am as negative right now as I am. The other reason is that this team has had the oppotuntity TWICE to take charge of the division and the playoff seeding and laid an egg both times. Now we face the Rams and the Rams match up against us all too well. If Russell was this way against 'zona, I shudder to think of what the Rams will do to us.

Is this to imply that the Rams have a better defense than Arizona?

Arizona #2 in defensive DVOA - St. Louis #13

I dunno how to rate their ANFLS rankings exactly, but Arizona clearly ranks above St. Louis in that metric too. Link: http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/12 ... ek-15.html

It's hardly the case that "if Arizona can bring the pain, then St. Louis sure will."

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2gh48sl2 said:
Is this to imply that the Rams have a better defense than Arizona?

Arizona #2 in defensive DVOA - St. Louis #13

I dunno how to rate their ANFLS rankings exactly, but Arizona clearly ranks above St. Louis in that metric too. Link: http://www.advancednflstats.com/2013/12 ... ek-15.html

It's hardly the case that "if Arizona can bring the pain, then St. Louis sure will."

I would say by our performance against both one right after the other, that against us the Rams have the better defense. I agree that league wide (DVOA) the Cards have the better defense.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I mean...I respect the hell out of Quinn and Long, don't get me wrong. But I think we're operating on a pretty limited sample size to necessarily say they're a worse matchup for us. Personally I can't imagine our offense actually being shut down worse next week than they were today, though admittedly I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not worried.

drdiags

Reaction score
Several teams have shutdown the Seahawks offense. This and the Rams game were the most dominant. Seahawks will need to suck it up because what they put on film today has got to make them sick to their stomach. Seems like the USA Today Sports writer can do a little crowing today because the WRs and QB were pedestrian. I am concerned with Kearse limping around along with Tate's hand. The aura of invincibility is gone. Now it is back to grinding it out with the rest of the NFC.

Wide open right now. Get the win next week and get a chance to lick your wounds. Let the Rams walk out of here with a victory and most likely it is back to the road to get to the big one. Cards could surprise the 9ers but I wouldn't count on it. That should be a heck of a game though.

Thanks to the OP for trying to spin positive points but just know that after a loss most are not going to be responsive. I salute your effort though.

Latest posts