A trade scenario with Houston

Chawker

Reaction score
Heres the trade.

This is a trade involving DK Metcalf.

Seattle gets: Houston's 3rd pick in the first round plus there 13th pick, along with Houston 37th pick round 2, 68th pick, 80th pick and there 107. pick.

Houston gets: DK Metcalf,Seattle's 9th pick, pick 41, and pick 109.

Wild trade, huh but would you make the trade or not ?

RunDownhill

Reaction score
I would do that trade. But I don't think the Texans would do that trade. The Texans have too many holes on their roster to be getting rid of draft pics.

A similar trade with the Jets would make sense for both the Jets and Seahawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yea, I'd do the trade, too, in a heartbeat. But like the post above, I would seriously doubt that the Texans would bite on something like that.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Texans have the draft capital but they're no way near being competitive enough to go after DK in the trade being proposed.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I would be tempted. DK is a necessary item here for any new QB. But the next question is who’s the pick at #3? Neal or defense? I like a lot of guys at 13.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Texans have the draft capital but they're no way near being competitive enough to go after DK in the trade being proposed.
I agree, and that's one of the reasons why I want to trade Metcalf. We are not 'competitive enough' to where we can afford what is going to be a very expensive wide receiver. You do not build teams around a wide receiver. I'd rather get what we can for Metcalf and use the proceeds to build up our offensive and defensive lines.

Boycie

Reaction score
I agree, and that's one of the reasons why I want to trade Metcalf. We are not 'competitive enough' to where we can afford what is going to be a very expensive wide receiver. You do not build teams around a wide receiver. I'd rather get what we can for Metcalf and use the proceeds to build up our offensive and defensive lines.
Giants first round picks, and then Dk and our 9th?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I feel the exact same way about us. Refusing all those picks is pretty much the same as giving all those picks.

And yes, it will surely suck watching him become a generational receiver on another team. But this is what years of (relatively) poor drafting gets you.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Giants first round picks, and then Dk and our 9th?
I'd love it, but the Giants would never bite. They are still more than a player away from being competitive and have some reservations about their QB. Look for a club that's a playoff team or on the bubble of the playoffs, like the Eagles, Saints, Chiefs, Vikings, Dolphins, Browns, etc. Teams like the Giants, Jets, Jags, Texans, Lions, Bears, etc, are less likely to push all their chips to the center of the table.