A small dose of positivity

The Radish

Reaction score
BlueTalon":hibsc1jk said:
The Radish":hibsc1jk said:
brimsalabim":hibsc1jk said:
The former NC State staff has taken a lot of heat for pushing Russell aside but they do deserve some credit for helping make him the complete player that he is. His sophomore season QB coach Dana Bible told Russell that he was not to run the ball unless he had read through all of his progressions first. It cost NC state a few games but helped make Russell a better QB in the long run.
A classic example of coaches that force players to do what they want rather than put the player in a position to succeed no matter the circumstances.

:141847_bnono:
WTF? Did you hit the wanking finger instead of the sarcasm sign?

Maybe

:shock:

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is good news. There were times last year where Wilson's 3rd progression flashed open and he totally missed it. He missed Rice a few times in the end zone, and I remember once where Baldwin was wide open and Russell had moved on from that read. Like Kearly mentioned, progressions are something a QB is continually working on; the amount of information and the sheer speed with which you have to process it is actually mind boggling when you think about it.

What makes Peyton Manning so incredibly unique is that he gets to the los early, then makes his adjustments. I'd say you're correct in calling Manning a 1 read QB but I think it's because he's elite at making adjustments, and getting his offense into correct position to make a play after the defense shows it's formation. He's right the vast majority of the time, thus his first read is usually wide open. Tarvaris Jackson was a different creature. His 1 read was always to the right side of the field; he was hesitant to go to the middle and almost entirely ignored the left side. You will notice if you study P. Manning that his 1st read will be the right, middle or left side of the field depending on his adjustments.

What amazed me about Wilson last year was he (or the coaches) would find a weakness in his game, and he would ruthlessly eliminate it. This would seemingly happen in the span of a week, and it's why he just blew up in the 2nd half of the season. It's scary to think about how much better he could get.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Russell Wilson, one year wiser and in full control of this team, is exactly why I don't fear the worst.

I don't fear not having Clemons or Irvin for the first 4-6 games.

I don't fear McCoy and Scruggs are most likely lost for the season.

I don't fear that Avril is injured with plantars, or that Bennett is recovering a torn rotator's cuff.

I don't fear that many believe we had a pedestrian draft nor do I fear the Seahawks coming under heavy scrutiny for PEDs.

I don't fear Sherman's mouth or his image or what other fans or players think of our aggressive, undisciplined style.

I wouldn't even fear if our defense as a whole regressed for a league average performance.

This isn't Holmgren's team. This isn't Ruskell's team. Hell it isn't even Schneider's or Carrol's team anymore. Its Russell Wilson's team.

All my fears, all my worries, all the deficiencies I see within this team are silenced as long as Russell Wilson is on the field. He's not just trying to be the best QB, but he's trying to be the best football player, the best person, until he is the best, and then he'll try to become better than the very man in the mirror.

Latest posts