A really good assesment of Locks final drive vs the Eagles

GemCity

Reaction score
I had always heard about this ‘cannon’ Lock had.

I never watched him in Denver….so to keep hearing it and not seeing it, I didn’t think too much of it. Just forum guys talking shit again.

Ummm….dude CAN zip it. I’m a believer.

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
What I saw there was a couple of fairly good throws, but more of amazing receivers pulling off catches most receivers wouldn't make. I also saw two almost picks, throws that better DBs would have picked.

The TD throw was the one and only textbook "safe" throw in the whole series.

In the end we got lucky and it proves to me, that Geno is still a much better option. Drew is just too likely to throw turnovers and damn near did twice on just that drive!

Wheetie

Reaction score
What I saw there was a couple of fairly good throws, but more of amazing receivers pulling off catches most receivers wouldn't make. I also saw two almost picks, throws that better DBs would have picked.

In the end we got lucky and it proves to me, that Geno is still a much better option. Drew is just too likely to throw turnovers and damn near did twice on just that drive!
Cause Geno never throws balls that should be picked? Seriously?

Rosco

Reaction score

You ever watch Geno play? Geno averages more than one interception per TD he throws. He would probably have 30+ interceptions if all his almost interceptions were actually intercepted.
BTW, you don’t win games if you’re only going to throw “safe” throws. As a matter of fact, you would have lost the game against the Eagles if Lock only made the”safe” throws.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Not near as often as Lock has the tendency to. Geno has better accuracy and touch.
Well, I'd have to disagree on the frequency comparison, and Lock sure showed some great accuracy and touch on that final drive to win the game. People sure like to judge Lock on what he did or didn't do a few years ago. What I saw from this last game was a heck of a lot of current and future potential aided by being in a stable learning environment for the past 2 years. Lots of upside there. Geno has peaked in my opinion, even regressed.

cymatica

Reaction score
LOL Yeah, I know when Fans are full of Sh*t ^^^ Just like this one right here^^^
You should have looked into the post above yours. Geno led the league in turnover worthy throws

Attachments

• FxqAeFYX0AAQ6eU.jpeg
    FxqAeFYX0AAQ6eU.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 7

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You ever watch Geno play? Geno averages more than one interception per TD he throws. He would probably have 30+ interceptions if all his almost interceptions were actually intercepted.
BTW, you don’t win games if you’re only going to throw “safe” throws. As a matter of fact, you would have lost the game against the Eagles if Lock only made the”safe” throws.
The bolded is egregiously, absolutely false and needs to be called out as such. Point blank. That is an absolute lie and is very easily verified as such. This is true whether you use his Seattle numbers, his numbers for the current year, or his numbers over his entire career (79/57 TD/INT ratio).

The claim about having "30+ interceptions if all his almost interceptions were actually intercepted" is true of the vast majority of quarterbacks.

With that necessary correction out of the way, I agree that "safe" throws aren't always the best thing for an offense.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Do you have a source?

A few weeks back, Geno was the sixth-lowest QB in a stat that combines interception-worthy passes, sacks caused, and fumbles. View attachment 62669

That combines sacks and fumbles. Are those key stats? Sure, I totally agree, and you can certainly make a case that this stat is more important than just looking at interceptions.

However, PNW25 was only talking about interceptions. What do the stats tell us about that?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Actually he does. He has a ton of them this year.
This just doesn't bear out either on film or in terms of QB stats regarding the mitigation of turnovers and/or sacks. He has some turnover worthy plays, but they all do. It isn't more than average, overall. This is a narrative from the second half of 2022 taking over, if you ask me.

Lock, on the other hand, threw multiple interceptible balls on that last drive. I understand that it ended well, but if we're going to judge process and hypothetical turnovers as harshly as we have been, we have to be able to acknowledge that and judge it with the same weight that we do Geno.