A picture says a thousand words. RW vs. Kap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Reaction score
I think Kaep is a tool but that's just an opinion from a middle-class "Joe" trying to make his way through life the best he can!

With that said, I see people saying he exhibits behavior of a "normal" 24 year old while Russ is an anomaly. What a sad, stupid world we live in if that's true. The movie 'Idiocracy' has come true. Mike Judge is a genius.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I can't stand Kaep, and I think this thread is dumb. Or shack material. Or both. But certainly not relevant to a football discussion on the main forum of this board.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1fb4thcm said:
I can't stand Kaep, and I think this thread is dumb. Or shack material. Or both. But certainly not relevant to a football discussion on the main forum of this board.

Sorry, but maturity has everything to do with a football discussion. This has just as much to do with football as the RRR did. You are learning about what makes people tick and I find it interesting.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ok, a Seahawks football discussion in a week when we are playing the Texans.

Is that more clarity?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":l91wcmgw said:
Ok, a Seahawks football discussion in a week when we are playing the Texans.

Is that more clarity?

There can only be so many "wow we are awesome, Texans are dead" threads in a week. At this point I imagine people are looking to talk about something else.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Man, this thread got out of hand fast. The picture is funny, IMO, but to assume that this collection of instagram photos somehow accurately represents the entirety of Kaep's life is a bit much. I hate him as much as anyone on this forum as far as being a rival's star young QB, and think RW is far further along the maturity spectrum than Kaep, but by all accounts 7's a good guy. Not sure why a humorous joke has to be turned into an argument over the guy's moral standing.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3tvx3wu2 said:
The kid's a douche but let's be real. It's not because of his shoe collection or his car or his party pics. You're talking about a 24 yr old with a lot of money. I'd be living it up too on my down time. And liking shoes make you a girl now? Tell me what's the over/under on the amount of shoes a man should have.

I don't know if I would consider him a douche, but to each their own. This is pretty spot on though...he's 24, has tons of money and is livin the life style; it's just that with social media now a days, he gets a chance to share it with people who want to see (people that follow his accounts). As the face of the 49ers, yes it leaves a lot to be desired especially considering what other QB's around the league his age are doing, but it's really not a knock on Kaep as it is a plus for Wilson,etc.

He isn't a saint, but hasn't done anything illegal or hurt anyone either.

Shoes are a big part of much of today's youth, more than ever before. Watching the RRR, tons of Seahawks have a well sized amount/collection (mostly slides & running shoes/cleats, but also some Jordans,etc.) just in their lockers including Russell Wilson. I myself has had tons of shoes at a time(Jordans,Lebrons,Kobes,KD's,Airmax's,etc.). My opinion may be a bit biased because I can relate to Kaep in a way. I'm fairly younger than him (by more years than there are fingers on one hand) and I understand the lifestyle that is urban. In recent years, I had to limit my spending on shoes and focus on priorities (school, car, etc.) and sold a lot of my shoes, but still understand the culture behind it. Wasn't a collector (buy shoes to collect and not wear), but just enjoyed the fashion sense and the historic significance.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
It's a sad reflection of the 9ers orginization. They made a punk kid the leader because he can run. IQ is the most important factor in QB play. I've said it before..he is not smart, and they will pay for it. Smith is leading KC to what will be an amazing season. All is as it should be.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Slick":33zjmih7 said:
I think Kaep is a tool but that's just an opinion from a middle-class "Joe" trying to make his way through life the best he can!

With that said, I see people saying he exhibits behavior of a "normal" 24 year old while Russ is an anomaly. What a sad, stupid world we live in if that's true. The movie 'Idiocracy' has come true. Mike Judge is a genius.

so true

HansGruber

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2vx9w85l said:
Tell me what's the over/under on the amount of shoes a man should have.

Somewhere around a dozen pairs maybe?

It isn't the number of shoes, it's the fact he's posing with them. Like, look what I have! Shoes! Squeeeee! And shirts with ME on them! Look at my clothes guys! I'm playing dress up!

Probably not douchey to the Beiber generation. To anyone over 30? Quite douchey with a whole lot of feminine thrown in.

You think Kenny Easley would ever have done that? Hell no. Probably would have punched you for suggesting it.

My generation thought guys like Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood were men. Nowadays, it's Justin Beiber and they're selling face lotions and makeup for guys.

Yep. I'm old. Dang it.
LOL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Honestly, why bother talking about Kaepernick at this point. I don't think there's anything terrible about his photos - he's making good on his fifteen minutes of fame - but after awhile, you keep talking about him, and you give him what he wants: attention. The biggest fear is to be ignored, and since Kaepernick is on a sinking ship and no real threat to our team, who cares?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TaterHawk":2uw969p8 said:
It's a sad reflection of the 9ers orginization. They made a punk kid the leader because he can run. IQ is the most important factor in QB play. I've said it before..he is not smart, and they will pay for it. Smith is leading KC to what will be an amazing season. All is as it should be.

It might not seem like it but the guy is pretty smart.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I don't understand people getting upset about the thread.

The pictures are funny. Supposed to be humor. It's not too be taken literally.

Let your hair down a little. Kick your feet up. Making fun of the other team is okay. Guarantee plenty of folks are making fun of you.

I'm laughing at the fact that the Beiber Generation sees all this as normal. Or that some kid thinks a couple grand worth of sneakers means he's arrived. So what. I also laughed at myself for being that geezer passing judgement on the youth of today.

Sometimes the old grannies on this board get a bit annoying with always telling everyone what they can or can not post, what is or isn't funny, and so on. Hey, why don't you stop worrying about everyone else and just skip the thread of you hate it so much and can't crack a smile or laugh at yourself??

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Killa Kam":1m2rnc4u said:
Russell seems like a good guy, I dont get why some of you need to knock Kapernick just to praise Russell.

Basically this.

As for a picture saying a thousand words, it was Susan Sontag in On Photography who pointed out that it's the person selecting the pictures who gets to decide which thousand words are included and which hundreds of thousands of words are left out.

Do these pictures say something more about Kaepernick, something less about him, or just something different?

18VBEh.AuSt.11.jpeg

Colin-Kaepernick-Appearance.jpg

EOql49o

7339211900 standard 3520

11MLsp.AuSt.11.jpeg

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Those poor kids from Camp Taylor are screwed.

The only thing Kap is guilty of is not being more self aware, in some weird way. He's obviously into his ego, but needs to understand his role and perception and how they interact. If the worst thing a guy does is post pictures of his shoe collection, you don't have a lot to ridicule. I think we can all agree that it's pretty silly to post pictures of yourself like that, but Hawks fans need to get over it, its silly to bash him over it.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Popeyejones":jhbme42t said:
Killa Kam":jhbme42t said:
Russell seems like a good guy, I dont get why some of you need to knock Kapernick just to praise Russell.

Basically this.

As for a picture saying a thousand words, it was Susan Sontag in On Photography who pointed out that it's the person selecting the pictures who gets to decide which thousand words are included and which hundreds of thousands of words are left out.

Do these pictures say something more about Kaepernick, something less about him, or just something different?

Nice post. This is essentially what I meant, put more eloquently by you (via Susan Sontag). The OP is pretty funny, and I appreciate the humor as a Hawks fan, but it's nothing more than a humorous compilation of pictures. I hate Colin in front of the microphone, I don't like his 'bad boy' image, I don't like how he plays into it, and I don't like that he is another extremely talented young hotshot QB who takes the spotlight away from Russell Wilson, but that doesn't automatically translate into being a bad guy.

freezefail

Reaction score
TaterHawk":w7l33uw7 said:

The guy got a 4.0 at nevada state, what you get at your college?

HansGruber":w7l33uw7 said:
I don't understand people getting upset about the thread.

The pictures are funny. Supposed to be humor. It's not too be taken literally.

Let your hair down a little. Kick your feet up. Making fun of the other team is okay. Guarantee plenty of folks are making fun of you.

I'm laughing at the fact that the Beiber Generation sees all this as normal. Or that some kid thinks a couple grand worth of sneakers means he's arrived. So what. I also laughed at myself for being that geezer passing judgement on the youth of today.

Sometimes the old grannies on this board get a bit annoying with always telling everyone what they can or can not post, what is or isn't funny, and so on. Hey, why don't you stop worrying about everyone else and just skip the thread of you hate it so much and can't crack a smile or laugh at yourself??
I find it almost offensive that everyone thinks Beiber brought about this style. my god, Beiber is a poser, get that shit outta here.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
jkitsune":38yuuabm said:
Nice post. This is essentially what I meant, put more eloquently by you (via Susan Sontag). The OP is pretty funny, and I appreciate the humor as a Hawks fan, but it's nothing more than a humorous compilation of pictures. I hate Colin in front of the microphone, I don't like his 'bad boy' image, I don't like how he plays into it, and I don't like that he is another extremely talented young hotshot QB who takes the spotlight away from Russell Wilson, but that doesn't automatically translate into being a bad guy.

Agreed. Even as a 9ers fan I appreciate the humor of the OP, and really, really appreciate Wilson as a player, and the limited things I do know about him as a person off the field.

As for the three major critiques of Kaep, I feel differently about each of them:

Tattoo-gate: Totally embarrassing for the idiot writer who started this and anyone who piled on about it.

Dolphins-gate: Totally embarrassing for Kap. I get that it's purely a style/matching an outfit thing for him and that practically everyone under the age of 25 thinks it being a big deal is silly, but he should obviously know that there are no shortage of 9ers fans over 25 who would take umbrage to it, and no shortage of sports media outlets looking for something stupid to talk about in the off-season. Just totally immature and boneheaded on his part.

Press-Conference-Gate (repeatedly): Totally understand why reporters don't like it, but this is a reason to further hate Harbaugh (if one is so inclined), not a reason to hate Kap. Harbaugh does it, Alex Smith started doing it out of nowhere as soon as Harbaugh became coach, and Kap started doing it too by his second year on the team. So, I think if someone doesn't like it there's blame to be spread here, but it points to Harbaugh, not Kap.

Status
Not open for further replies.