A local team headed to Williamsport, PA

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mbtitleist":rxw0oim2 said:
And there's some drama at the end of the game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs and the ball is hit to CF, the runner that was on 2nd rounds 3rd and trips and falls about halfway to home. He gets up and tries to make it to home but goes even further out of the base path and is called out for out 3 and Washington wins. I feel for that kid that tripped though...
Yeah, it was the right call but, not the way you want the game to end. The Washington kids looked nervous as heck, and sleepwalked their way thru the first 3 or 4 innings. I'm happy for the boys that they got a win at the LLWS, now they have to step up their game and eliminate silly mistakes and poor AB's (see striking out looking) if they want to advance as the competition only gets tougher.

My nephew was the kid interviewing the starting pitcher before the game, we had no idea that was coming, LOL .

Go Pacific/Washington/Northwest!

Go Mason!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dang, Vegas is smoking Great Lakes (Chicago) 13-2 in the 4th. Looks like Vegas figured out you cannot rely on on fastballs and mixed in a lot of off speed and breaking pitches.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Texas vs Washington in eliminating game, today.
Side note:
Have y'all seen the kid from Puerto Rico ?
He's 6'4" and 229 lbs @ 13 yrs.
holy catfish.

Edit: 3pm eastern time.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
pmedic920":17t0a2rf said:
Texas vs Washington in eliminating game, today.
Side note:
Have y'all seen the kid from Puerto Rico ?
He's 6'4" and 229 lbs @ 13 yrs.
holy catfish.

He is probably twenty-six. He must have the same birth certificate duplicator that Mariano Rivera had.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":gozf4hx4 said:
Bump game on ESPN NOW.
Sadly my nephews team lost to a very good Pearland team 11-4. My nephew is pissed because he knows they could have played much better and had many self inflicted mistakes by his team, but recognizes they are playing the best teams in the USA.

Overall it's been an experience of a lifetime for him and his teammates (and for all the kids in the LLWS for that matter). He said they have been treated like royalty while there, and the food is real good too! LOL.

Thanks for the support from my fellow .netters, I know the kids appreciate the support from the region. :)

Best of luck to the Pearland kids. :)

pmedic920

Reaction score
At that level they are all good teams. I think it's amazing how well those kids handle the pressure.
I've really enjoyed watching the 6/7 games that I have.
Better entertainment than the pros, IMHO
Congrats to your nephew and his team. They have plenty to be proud of.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":2lpqf33e said:
At that level they are all good teams. I think it's amazing how well those kids handle the pressure.
I've really enjoyed watching the 6/7 games that I have.
Better entertainment than the pros, IMHO
Congrats to your nephew and his team. They have plenty to be proud of.
Thanks, we are proud of him and the team. I cannot wait for him to get home and hear about his experience.
They are there until at least Sunday as all teams are, and I hear they are trying to get a practice game with the Australian kids who are also out of it.

Edit: They are coming home Monday, and they went the Hersey's factory and amusement park today with their families so I'm pretty sure they are still having a great time.