A few random thoughts on the Seahawks

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've been battling the flu for a couple of days, and our team looked and played like i felt. 1, 2 & 3 seem so apt in describing this team lately and especially on Sunday.

Maybe it's time to activate Christine Michael for kick off returns and to get him some reps at RB.

Edit: I have to wonder though, how much of my reaction is based on my emotions about a loss, my own foreboding during the game, and my general ill health at the moment?

pmedic920

Reaction score
In terms of the "SPY" I agree the the coaching staff needs to game plan for/around this. I'm fairly certain the we will see it in the rest of the games this year. Our opponents will must likely see it as the key to SF's victory.
I also agree that the whole demeanor or vibe of the guys seemed to be "off". Not sure what it was though.
I predict they will come back with a vengeance. GoHawks.
Thanks for another great post.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I just finished reviewing the game again. I disagree about lynch. Both tackles had rough days. And most of the time lynch was hit in the backfield. Both Carp and Sweezy did very well.

A lot of stupid penalties. Sadly IMO most were correct. Tate was pushing off a lot, unsure if he was held and why he was doing it. A very physical game. Seahawks look like the old Steelers/ Ravens teams on D

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I've noticed the same about Lynch. I've also noticed the correlation to the tackles returning. Ever since that game vs Min he's had something like 53 carries for 170 yds. I think they should start spelling him now for sure so here doesn't get worn down in the playoffs like last year. I wonder if they are holding Christine back for that reason.

Wartooth

Reaction score
What IS going on with Christine Michael?
2nd round pick, and he isn't even dressing for games?
Pretty strange considering how much they used Turbin last year.

blue 22

Reaction score
kearly":2b224pk9 said:
Seattle played hard. You can play hard with heavy hearts. I just didn't sense a "spark" from them. There was no positive energy, no confidence, no swagger, no sense of "we got this." It's purely abstract interpretation, but to me their body language felt as if they were expecting to lose or didn't care if they lost.

I agree with this. San fran was fighting for their lives yesterday. Fighting to not lose on their home turf. We were not. We had a couple bad breaks but they just wanted it more and things went their way. It happens. We will probably see them again. :stirthepot:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Playoffs... Unleash Percy and Michael on the opposition. They will have no idea what we're doing/to do.

saltyak

Reaction score
I was at the game in the Endzone and havnt watched tape yet, so I I'm less informed than home viewers and all of you, but did notice a certain resigned body language in RW, and in general. They played hard and almost won, a solid effort, and basically a coin flip type of game. The niners fans acted like they had won the Super Bowl, which despite the hazing I recieved, felt like a compliment. I go to the game in SF every year , and havnt seen it like this. I was bummed, but it wasn't a demoralizing loss, aside from KJ injury. As an aside, this week I recieved 2 free beers, a free dessert at a restaurant for wearing my hawks hat (from random fans), and a free ticket from a niners fan. Like us, most are just solid football fans who actually love the rivalry. I feel guilty having bet the game significantly and won my +2.5 spread.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1ucyobnp said:
One thing I will say about Turbin, he is fantastic at securing a football. I don't remember him fumbling much at Utah State, and in the pros he has yet to fumble even once and that's with about 180 total touches over the last two seasons. Maybe his ridiculous biceps provide an extra point of contact? I dunno, but whatever he does to secure a ball, it's working big time.

I have to believe that's why he's returning kicks, similar to Holmgren trotting out Bobby Engram on punts back in the day.. though if memory serves he took a couple punts back for scores.

I'd love to see Michael get a shot returning. I understand not wanting to use Lane or Kearse in case either get hurt.. but we at least have depth at tail back

Seeker

Reaction score
Kearly is dead on about #2 seattle was "Swag defficient" this past sunday. Remember the Indy game where they even focused in on the LOB looking tired and lost and just just blah?

I remember watching this game and seeing golden tate making one of his routine "Tate-catches" and simply walking away.

I repeate, walking away, no tate walk, no strut, no goofy look on his face like he does after every catch.

Thats when i got worried.

hawker84

Reaction score
I agree with the Harvin take and the ref take. the rest i didn't see it that way, i saw the same team we always see away from the CLink. i bit more mellow, a bit slower, a bit less motivated for whatever reason, maybe there is something to be said about playing in front of the fans. Other than a couple games, they are clearly not the same lights out team as they are at home. Still damn good though. Don't really know what to make of it.

justafan

Reaction score
I dont buy into the we looked sick or flat or our demeanor was flat.We played one of the best teams in the league at their place and got beat just barely.The Hawks played well enough to win.One or two plays made the difference.With this rivalry I would bet my house nobody on that squad was lacking energy,focus or desire to whoop theiir ass.
Marshawn is running fine IMO.If there is a reason for just a 4.3 yards a rush its on the line not his running.I have seen it posted way too many times this year, well the Bucs have a good D or fill in the blank has one of the best front 7 in the league,well this time is true the niners are the second toughest team in the league and they showed it yesterday.

Weadoption

Reaction score
My random thought on the Hawks is that the loss is exactly what you needed.
Come Feb 2nd I see Starbucks shops on fire, cars flipped, and a bomb ass celebration in the Emerald City.
Play ur game the rest of the way and its over.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it all came down to playing safe, offense looked conservitive and the defense was playing bend don't break. They played well enough to win but they didn't look the same. Credit the 49ers for how well they brought their game as well. But I was watching the sidelines when they showed it and we didn't have that energy we see. Wide receivers when they caught the ball were not bouncing up with attitude like we normally see either.

We have seen a couple games like this.

Maybe the best way to say it is they didn't look like they were having fun, even when ahead.

Zorn76

Reaction score
I agree with less than half of the OP's observations, but do believe we rebound in NY this Sunday.

drrew

Reaction score
Regarding Sherman, prior to the Minnesota game, Vikings announcer Paul Allen was on KJR, I think with Softy, and he mentioned that after some of their film study, they were pretty sure that Sherman has some sort of lower body injury he's trying to play through.

He definitely seems to be guessing more which leads to grabbing more when he guesses wrong.

It'll be interesting to see if he ends up scheduled for some sort of surgery after they win the Super Bowl.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Like others have said, I just don't get not activating Michael. His first step looks electric and he would be wonderful to spell Marshawn and possibly return kicks. I'm disappointed he hasn't been rotated in at all this year. This is no scoop, but it has to be pass pro that's keeping him out.

As for Harvin, this is a sore subject for me so maybe best to just leave it at this: I am incredibly disappointed in his lack of contribution to this team. And yes, I couldn't help but think that maybe he makes the difference between a win and a loss yesterday.

Hope Sherm isn't hurting. Other than the TD pass he gave up vs. Minny, he's still played quite well. Perhaps he's healing but just not quite back yet?

The team looked "business like" yesterday. Tough to get as emotionally high as they obviously were for NO on a short week and without the home crowd to jack 'em up. I see 3-0 in the remaining games.

Russ proved he was human after all yesterday. The time out on 2nd and 25 from his own 20 was a mistake that he'll never make again. Missing Kearse, underthrowing Tate, etc. made for not his best game for sure. Still he had a damned good game, but not up to his usual standards.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the penalties got to Lynch? When you put back in the yards that were brought back his numbers look better. Also IMO our tackles are out of game shape and it's showing in their play a bit.