A couple of things I like going into spring training this year...

sutz

Reaction score
First off, we have a real, legit backup catcher with Murphy returning. With nearly a year off in rehab he should be well rested and strong going into the season. Not to mention, he could be good trade bait at the turn since he has starting experience. He's a solid defensive catcher with an average bat.

Second, we have 4 solid outfielders for rotation/platooning. JK has yet to hit at a major league level, though he is adequate against righties, but he is a good defensive OF who has the speed to play center if needed.

Third, pitching is in pretty good shape. We have 6 legit starters available, and are returning most of a top 5/10 bullpen with a couple of prospects in the farm system that really look like they could light up the league.

I also like our utility guys, Moore and Haggerty. They both play multiple positions and have plus speed on the bases.

Scoff all you like, I think we're a 95 win team this year.

As an aside, I think killing the shift will help our team, probably more than a lot of teams around the league. ;)

DJrmb

Reaction score

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
First off, we have a real, legit backup catcher with Murphy returning. With nearly a year off in rehab he should be well rested and strong going into the season. Not to mention, he could be good trade bait at the turn since he has starting experience. He's a solid defensive catcher with an average bat.

Second, we have 4 solid outfielders for rotation/platooning. JK has yet to hit at a major league level, though he is adequate against righties, but he is a good defensive OF who has the speed to play center if needed.

Third, pitching is in pretty good shape. We have 6 legit starters available, and are returning most of a top 5/10 bullpen with a couple of prospects in the farm system that really look like they could light up the league.

I also like our utility guys, Moore and Haggerty. They both play multiple positions and have plus speed on the bases.

Scoff all you like, I think we're a 95 win team this year.

As an aside, I think killing the shift will help our team, probably more than a lot of teams around the league. ;)
Agree with most of what you said, except about Moore. Guy is severely overrated and over hyped IMHO.

I really like what Haggerty brings to the table though. Still think they are a quality bat or 2 away. Hoping JK morphs into one of those but I’m not betting the farm on it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Agree with most of what you said, except about Moore. Guy is severely overrated and over hyped IMHO.

I really like what Haggerty brings to the table though. Still think they are a quality bat or 2 away. Hoping JK morphs into one of those but I’m not betting the farm on it.
They should start Haggerty every day, he just brings chaos at bat and on the bases.